• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is the way mechanics do it. But as a former repair tech 40 years ago, I agree with it. Those supplies are expensive and when used, if you do it properly you use quite a bit. For example DeOxit, use it liberally and it works very well. Brake cleaner? Same way. The customer should pay for it though as it involves a job well done and not just slopped together and left all nasty and dirty. Just IMHO.
What can be annoying, though, is when the shop declares that its overhead multiplier is driven by the same supplies they then charge customers for directly. Seen it, done it.

Rick "once upon a time a professional mechanic" Denney

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
What can be annoying, though, is when the shop declares that its overhead multiplier is driven by the same supplies they then charge customers for directly. Seen it, done it.

Rick "once upon a time a professional mechanic" Denney
Yes, that is done every day at auto repair shops.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
ha1yfxyoe0f61-1.jpg
4i6nxxhz2k961.png
uwkqLZg.jpg

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
What in the hell is that abortion of wires? What brand? My respect for the wealthy just dropped another two notches. They look TERRIBLE a real eyesore and probably cost a fortune. No audio jewelry here. Plus after the wires have been encased into a nuclear blast proof casing, they still put it up on a riser!! The sheer stupidity of these pictures has me reaching once again for my old friend, Xanax!

Getting through snake oil one Xanax at a time. I don't recommend it, but for me it works!

Gregss

Pregnant wires needing an 'abortion'?
To me, those cables look more like the intestinal tract of someone w/a serious case of constipation.:oops:
Would suspect someone with this level of compulsiveness would need thicker internet wires as well.

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor

Habu

Hello from France

In fact it’s only figatelli sausages from Corsica Island (Napoleon), they were going to cook while listening some music.
Pork liver sausage to cook at heart (over a wood fire or above audiophile amplifiers for 20 minutes).
You can try different equipments to get the taste you want, but don’t rely on AHB2 this time.

717FBFDB-4F2D-43B8-8968-FA16363D1031.jpeg

PS : Feel free to delete my post {a little bit Off topic)

Last edited:

MinMan

Tough act to follow!

Those cables are an abomination.

Please close this thread now.

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
lol
Is there any real benefit for such thick cables if money is no object ?

egellings

Major Contributor
Old riche is the best riche, but new riche id better than no riche at all. That word, 'riche'. Sounds like a very expensive spread for a bagel.

Top Bottom