• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

poxymoron

Audio thieves:

- MIT ACC 268 Revision 2 Articulation cables $111,995
MIT ACC 268 $80,000
- Kimber Kable KS 6068, $82,000
- AudioQuest Tree Series WEL Signature $76,000
- Nordost ODIN 2 Supreme Reference $30,000
-
SYNERGISTIC RESEARCH SRX SPEAKER CABLES $35,995
- GALILEO SX SPEAKER CABLE
$21,450
- Shunyata Research ZiTron Anaconda SP $4,000

My favorite name VooDoo Cable Stradivarius Amati :) ;)

All of them endorsed by The Absolute Sound, Stereophile and all the audiophile publications…

Random quote:
My wife is always an excellent source and checkpoint for component evaluation. Obviously, she has pretty much seen and heard it all over the last 15 years in both our listening room, and at dozens of shows, but every once in a while the flag goes up for something special, if not exceptional. We don't always agree, but when we do, I take notice. In her ears I trust.

After a week of burn in, I sat down at my primary listening position with the Galileo SX. I pulled out the Analogue Productions re-issue of Ben Webster at the Renaissance—one of my all time favorite LPs and a recording of clear special merit. I was immediately gob smacked at what I was hearing. I was not more than two tracks into side one, when in walked my better half.

Entering the room off to the side and in the back during "Caravan," she suddenly stopped in her tracks. Just to be clear, she was far from the primary and best listening position where I was seated. When I heard the following comments, I knew that the Galileo SX was an important new component.

"My goodness! I thought that I knew this LP inside out, but there is something scary going on here. I feel like I just walked into the actual recording venue. There is a feeling of space and resolution that I never realized was on this recording. By the way, please tell Ben Webster to stop spinning around and to stand still!" And then that gorgeous smile.

My quote:
I think I'm going to be sick!

Katji

Major Contributor
I wish we could find out how much of his crap he's sold, over the years.

1640261744896.png

1640261509924.png

TrevorD

What about subtracts?

Teacher: Two negatives multiplied can make a positive, but two positives can never be negative.
Student: Yeah.....right.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
I wish he would send his Christmas gifts to ASR members. Or at least send some to Amir for testing. ..."This is a review and detailed measurements of the Coconut Audio Vibradome Blue Star..."
...might need a new Panther for it.

Wuzel

Random quote:
My wife is always an excellent source and checkpoint for component evaluation. Obviously, she has pretty much seen and heard it all over the last 15 years in both our listening room, and at dozens of shows, but every once in a while the flag goes up for something special, if not exceptional. We don't always agree, but when we do, I take notice. In her ears I trust.

After a week of burn in, I sat down at my primary listening position with the Galileo SX. I pulled out the Analogue Productions re-issue of Ben Webster at the Renaissance—one of my all time favorite LPs and a recording of clear special merit. I was immediately gob smacked at what I was hearing. I was not more than two tracks into side one, when in walked my better half.

Entering the room off to the side and in the back during "Caravan," she suddenly stopped in her tracks. Just to be clear, she was far from the primary and best listening position where I was seated. When I heard the following comments, I knew that the Galileo SX was an important new component.

"My goodness! I thought that I knew this LP inside out, but there is something scary going on here. I feel like I just walked into the actual recording venue. There is a feeling of space and resolution that I never realized was on this recording. By the way, please tell Ben Webster to stop spinning around and to stand still!" And then that gorgeous smile.

My quote:

Drugs in the sparkling water are a not so a good idea. Only Keith Richards can handle these without issues

redjr

Everyday a idiot wakes up. To get on his money is easy. Find him. Impress him with blabla.
Finding him/her is easy nowadays with social media as rampant as ever. They wake up and tune-in to get their dose of snake oil! No advertising necessary. Sad.

Katji

Major Contributor
That's why Instagram and TikTok are better. Photos and teenage girls videos. Less text more better.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Random quote:

My quote:
I'd agree with you if he weren't listening to Ben Webster. Undeniably excellent taste in music. Full of crap from the perspective of audio equipment, but great taste.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
4 interface Multifunction HiFi Audio Ground Box GND Box Amplifier Decoder Speaker Audio Grounding Box
Power Purifier Electronic Black Hole
(Price: US $557.10 FedeX S/H: Free)
Snag_13d8df2.png
Snag_13df0d2.png

4 sets of binding posts can connect 4 devices, it is recommended to connect the front-end equipment first! Pure copper gold-plated binding posts, anti-oxidation, durable, can be connected in any order! Fine grinding, corner treatment is all, combined with radian design, does not hurt hands.

Sound performance:
The sound field is wide, quiet and loose. The creation of the music atmosphere can be described as extraordinary and refined, and the sense of envelopment is extremely good, making you feel like you are there, but the overall sense of music does not make you feel To the floating, but the reproduction of the original sound is very real and natural.

Product parameters
Product size: 42cm * 30cm * 10.5cm
Product weight: about 16KG
Wood material: Oak solid wood; Fine workmanship
Connection post: pure copper gold-plated terminal
Connection equipment: CD, decoding, pre-stage, post-stage, speaker
Quantity: 8792 Pieces available

Attachments

• Snag_13cc7b4.png
    Snag_13cc7b4.png
    723.3 KB · Views: 65

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Sound performance:
The sound field is wide, quiet and loose. The creation of the music atmosphere can be described as extraordinary and refined, and the sense of envelopment is extremely good, making you feel like you are there, but the overall sense of music does not make you feel To the floating, but the reproduction of the original sound is very real and natural.

This makes me also feel somewhat loose. Excuse me while I go down the hall for a bit.

Somafunk

Major Contributor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I put it in my wishlist along with 42 others (and 3 buyers).
It would(n't) be funny if it turns into a reddit\memestock-like frenzy, if enough people put it in their wishlist.:eek:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well if that were solid oak, it would only be about 10kG - so it must have some concrete (or similar) in it to mass it up a bit.

Anyone care to guess if those binding posts are just screwed/glued into the wood and don't actually go anywhere inside? Or are they just connected together?

Top Bottom