• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Piere

That has not so much to do with Snake Oil IMHO. It is merely "the Law of the Jungle" or "Survival of the Fittest" to name a few. My granddad told me already: You never get rich by being honest.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Alright... So, because the placebo effect is real, diminishing returns can't exist? Well, I guess that's true on some strange level.

I actually don't mind that people enjoy spending thousands and thousands of dollars on things that give the illusion of higher performance. But please call a spade a spade, that's all I'm personally asking.

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Alright... So, because the placebo effect is real, diminishing returns can't exist? Well, I guess that's true on some strange level.

I actually don't mind that people enjoy spending thousands and thousands of dollars on things that give the illusion of higher performance. But please call a spade a spade, that's all I'm personally asking.
Ummm. That’s a shovel.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Velvet-Jones-NBC1.jpg

Oh. Sorry. a hoe.
My mistake. :cool:

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
I'll be marketing Vanilla scented snake oil. It smalls like cinnamon and nutmeg.
Three wonderful smells but add it to food it taste like Sh*t. Go figure.
I think it's the snake oil I added actually. Maybe a different brand will work.

Somafunk

Major Contributor

bkatbamna

Most millionaires in the US are self made(according to the book "The millionaire Next Door") so they aren't fools. Hobbies bring out the fools in all of us. For example, I am a member of many traditional(that is, double edge or straight razor) shaving forums. The people on them spend up to $500 on badger shaving brushes. Seems foolish to some people.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
The people on them spend up to $500 on badger shaving brushes. Seems foolish to some people.

Damn right it seems foolish, badgers are already pretty pissed off without some weirdo shaving them, have you seen their claws?.

bkatbamna

Damn right it seems foolish, badgers are already pretty pissed off without some weirdo shaving them, have you seen their claws?.
I liked your joke so I won't edit the original post but will say that they are shaving brushes made with badger hair that can go for up to $1000. I can get the same lather with a $7 brush.

BeeKay

If you had no clear idea on what a 1st world problem might be. Here you are :)

alexeyi

Just another $5.5k Ethernet cable shilled by the asr predictable purveyors of editorial pish

“Expect them to be consistently warm, full-bodied, midrangy, rich—in short, solidly on the musical side of the spectrum.”

Well, there you go, now the Ethernet cable is finally warm, full-bodied, but also “midrangy” if that even is a word. What a snob that reviewer.

BeeKay

What for the snake oil salesman to explore the full capacity of ChatGPT. Even less (poetical) work for more money to be taken from the gullible.

BeeKay

have you seen that??????????????????

SRX Speaker Cable specifications:​

MSRP

$29,995 / 8ft.

Available in standard or with built-in carbon fiber elevators.

$1,500 per addl. foot

SRX-SC-edited-scaled.jpg
And such a beauty!

Top Bottom