• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Proof that putting amplifiers on stands changes the sound! Proof, guys!

I place my stereo gear and kitchen stuff at waist and eye level. All the other cupboards and shelves never get used/they are empty. I'm 6 feet/184cm. I hate using those odd balls locations... :D

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Okay guys, this isn't hifi, but.
Daughter in law recommends an "ecoegg", as the way forward for the washing machine.
Tesco delivery duly provided the product, with some "pellets", to put inside.
The instructions say, "We recommend deep cleaning your washing machine with an "ecoegg Detox tablet", before using the Laundry Egg".
I thought that if the Kippel can't find a difference with or without detox, I'm calling this snake oil! :cool:

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor

Ack! This guy is nuts. Crazy and spewing insanity all over YouTube. Anyone who plays a sound clip over the internet to viewers to listen to for comparisons is crazy. Plumb loco. My perfect example is that they are recording sound on the video then sending it out to "the viewers" who in my case and millions of others have inexpensive computer setups. So I listen to it on my JBL Flip 5 at the computer. All any listener will hear is the sound reproduced by their own speaker set up which in my case is the Flip 5. So many hundreds of thousands of Flip 5s, Logitech cheap set ups and other generally crappy set ups are supposed to listen to his music and say Wow, I hear the difference. I can't understand why these idiots do not understand this. Then he claims some facts that are in fact not facts. His opinion with zero testing is "The Truth". I will now take a deep breath and relax. This is a perfect example of why I look to YouTube for entertainment not learning!

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ack! This guy is nuts. Crazy and spewing insanity all over YouTube. Anyone who plays a sound clip over the internet to viewers to listen to for comparisons is crazy. Plumb loco. My perfect example is that they are recording sound on the video then sending it out to "the viewers" who in my case and millions of others have inexpensive computer setups. So I listen to it on my JBL Flip 5 at the computer. All any listener will hear is the sound reproduced by their own speaker set up which in my case is the Flip 5. So many hundreds of thousands of Flip 5s, Logitech cheap set ups and other generally crappy set ups are supposed to listen to his music and say Wow, I hear the difference. I can't understand why these idiots do not understand this. Then he claims some facts that are in fact not facts. His opinion with zero testing is "The Truth". I will now take a deep breath and relax. This is a perfect example of why I look to YouTube for entertainment not learning!
Yep. And there are more where he came from.

Unfortunately.

Anton S

And let's also remember the atrocities perpetrated by YouTube on any audio track it streams. Yet, the site is awash in these misguided souls.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

A 50000 Euro DAC.
I asked if they would kindly provide me with some measurement results.
At least they provide specs which look plenty of good. SNR 140dB. THD N. 0.0005%. Many boutique manufacturers even fail to provide any specs and solely rely on snake oil stories.

But 50k is a lot for something one can get for 500 or less.

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor

I could not care less about this absurd "proof", but I'm interested in the song. took me some time to find out which song, and you are welcome

egellings

Major Contributor
Those specs are so preposterously good that no pair of human ears will be able to appreciate them. For use in laboratory work, then maybe I could see it.

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I don't know what to say. I'm almost speechless. That was the best video of pure snake oil I have ever seen. The only non-snake oil was the two automobiles. The listening room had all the crazy idiotic tweaks you could ask for. Also, I didn't see anywhere that they were doing high level testing with the AP-555. It was all just hand assembly with dubious stuff. He said the tranquility bases set up an electric field that modified the electrical signals by getting rid of certain parts of the signal that you want to get rid of. He needs to take his stuff and get over to DARPA and get some juicy defense contracts. He has single handedly broken the electric field theory and bent it to his will. He can be super rich, let me name a few vendors who want him, DARPA, all the National Labs, The Navy, Army and Air Force labs, next is the private sector, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrup Grumman, BAE and so many others. He has found "The Magic" and is not sharing it at this time. I'm Gobsmacked!

Ken1951

I don't know what to say. I'm almost speechless. That was the best video of pure snake oil I have ever seen. The only non-snake oil was the two automobiles. The listening room had all the crazy idiotic tweaks you could ask for. Also, I didn't see anywhere that they were doing high level testing with the AP-555. It was all just hand assembly with dubious stuff. He said the tranquility bases set up an electric field that modified the electrical signals by getting rid of certain parts of the signal that you want to get rid of. He needs to take his stuff and get over to DARPA and get some juicy defense contracts. He has single handedly broken the electric field theory and bent it to his will. He can be super rich, let me name a few vendors who want him, DARPA, all the National Labs, The Navy, Army and Air Force labs, next is the private sector, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrup Grumman, BAE and so many others. He has found "The Magic" and is not sharing it at this time. I'm Gobsmacked!
Grifters gotta grift, shills gotta shill, liars gotta lie.

sq225917

Major Contributor
All of the Soulution stuff is similarly nes plus ultra. Pricey, but small batch built at huge expense in Switzerland from all euro sourced suppliers. No snake oil there, they back all the claims with impeccable specs.

Elitzur–Vaidman

W-DWR_2536710_100269436_natural_oak_f.png

I don't know if this qualifies as "extreme" snake oil, but $89 for a wood block seems close. Sono Ambra Phone Speaker

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom