• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

JonK99

If you are short on cash and can only afford this cheap 80K model, you have to mail your cable back for recalibration. The really high end cables cost double that but they will send a guy to your house with a mobile calibration van to do it on the spot.

Ricardus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
After he took out the XLR cable he said something about "this is what life is like in ultra high end audio."

Aaaand I'm still waiting for the ultra high-end studios like Abbey Road, Capital, and Blackbird to start using these XLR cables on sessions.

VQR

??? No, I meant $10,000 which we abbreviate to $10K. Are you pulling my leg or were you serious?
I'm surprised most dealers don't make in-house rebranded and bejewled Amazon cables for the entry level price of $50,000.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am.

(Stuff like this sort of makes me irrationally agitated if not outright angry. Or maybe I just find the level of cynicism - "we can never even push this too far, they'll buy literally anything," - depressing).
If you believe, as all of these folks do, that "everything matters", and you also adhere to the general principle that more expensive stuff is higher quality, then "we can never push this too far, they'll buy literally anything" is pretty much exactly what they signed up for.

It takes a lot of self-restraint not to set up an audiophool pocket-emptying service high end cable company, but I really don't think I could sustain the sheer mendacity it would require.

DSJR

Major Contributor
But look at the LOUD (s)peakers he listens through. Yeah, they're LOUD but I seem to recall a bit of a dogs dinner technically.

Transparent cables are/were known to put 'networks' of some sort in their cable boxes - oh, and their mains blocks should only have two of the available four sockets used I was once told by a deep disciple of that brand. It's an exclusive club, toys for rich boys who lap it up. You'll never convince them otherwise as of course none of 'us' have resolving enough sound systems to benefit from such obscenity in bits of wire with plugs on the end ;)

egellings

Major Contributor
But look at the LOUD (s)peakers he listens through. Yeah, they're LOUD but I seem to recall a bit of a dogs dinner technically.

Transparent cables are/were known to put 'networks' of some sort in their cable boxes - oh, and their mains blocks should only have two of the available four sockets used I was once told by a deep disciple of that brand. It's an exclusive club, toys for rich boys who lap it up. You'll never convince them otherwise as of course none of 'us' have resolving enough sound systems to benefit from such obscenity in bits of wire with plugs on the end ;)
Plus, your ears are simply too untutored to appreciate the difference.

Galliardist

Major Contributor

I was told that Transparent actually just add capacitance in those cable boxes, and easily enough for things to sound different. I don't know if that is true, but it would be an example of making cables sound worse, wouldn't it?

Has anyone actually measured one?

egellings

Major Contributor
I was told that Transparent actually just add capacitance in those cable boxes, and easily enough for things to sound different. I don't know if that is true, but it would be an example of making cables sound worse, wouldn't it?

Has anyone actually measured one?
I remember interconnects made by MIT (not the university!) that placed a 10K in series with 1nF network across one end of the interconnect (center conductor to ground shield) and claimed it helped give the cables their magical properties. The cables had an arrow on them that indicated the direction they should face when connecting two components together.

Punter

The cable thing just keeps giving! First, how do you "calibrate" these cabes when they are not actually attached to the "electronics" they're supposed to be calibrated to. The Hyenas at Transparent probably laugh their asses off every time some rube sends their $80K cables back for "calibration". I'd wager they just stack them up in the storeroom for a couple of weeks and then send them back "calibrated" Secondly, have a listen to the audio on that YT video. That room is so live that any meaningful assessment of any equipment would be impossible. Just another deluded Phool shilling a product he has no understanding of.

egellings

Major Contributor
The cable thing just keeps giving! First, how do you "calibrate" these cabes when they are not actually attached to the "electronics" they're supposed to be calibrated to. The Hyenas at Transparent probably laugh their asses off every time some rube sends their $80K cables back for "calibration". I'd wager they just stack them up in the storeroom for a couple of weeks and then send them back "calibrated" Secondly, have a listen to the audio on that YT video. That room is so live that any meaningful assessment of any equipment would be impossible. Just another deluded Phool shilling a product he has no understanding of.
Some 'phools are just too stupid to realize that they are thoopid (preferred spelling of the word--just look at that word! It looks like what it means. No dictionary definition required.

MarnixM

UFO's?

Akiko_Audio_Tuning_Disc_newjpg.jpg

MarnixM

Translation Akikoaudio:

Akiko Audio Tuning Disc

A powerful tool for relaxed music playback.

The Tuning Disc is charged for 7 months with vibration particles of natural origin. This irreversible process takes place in-house, giving the material unique properties, which ensure a very relaxed music reproduction. The disc should be placed on or under equipment or speakers so that the energetic energy has the opportunity to influence the immediate environment.

Small details become more audible and, together with a quieter background, ensure a quiet and natural music reproduction. The well-known recording that you thought you knew through and through can therefore also surprise.

The Tuning Disc can be combined very well with our other tuning accessories, because the operation is completely different, but the purpose is the same; Enjoy your music in a relaxed way!

The Tuning Disc is made of stainless steel and is equipped with felt at the bottom, to protect your valuable equipment. The format was not chosen by chance; the diameter is the same as that of a CD and the Tuning Disc can also be used to unclog CDs and DVDs before playing them.

Because the Tuning Disc spreads an energetic field in the horizontal plane, the disc can also be placed under equipment and speakers, without the need for direct contact with the disc.

What improvement can you expect:

- More relaxation when listening to your music.

- Music is perceived as more natural and pleasant. Listening fatigue doesn't stand a chance.

- Spatiality increases, because small details are better perceived.

Placement:

- On the preamp and phono amplifier.

- On the power amplifiers.

- On source equipment.

- On or under speakers.

- On power distributors and power conditioners, switch, modem.

- Anywhere in your set where interference fields negatively affect the sound.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Translation Akikoaudio:

Akiko Audio Tuning Disc

A powerful tool for relaxed music playback.

The Tuning Disc is charged for 7 months with vibration particles of natural origin. This irreversible process takes place in-house, giving the material unique properties, which ensure a very relaxed music reproduction. The disc should be placed on or under equipment or speakers so that the energetic energy has the opportunity to influence the immediate environment.

Small details become more audible and, together with a quieter background, ensure a quiet and natural music reproduction. The well-known recording that you thought you knew through and through can therefore also surprise.

The Tuning Disc can be combined very well with our other tuning accessories, because the operation is completely different, but the purpose is the same; Enjoy your music in a relaxed way!

The Tuning Disc is made of stainless steel and is equipped with felt at the bottom, to protect your valuable equipment. The format was not chosen by chance; the diameter is the same as that of a CD and the Tuning Disc can also be used to unclog CDs and DVDs before playing them.

Because the Tuning Disc spreads an energetic field in the horizontal plane, the disc can also be placed under equipment and speakers, without the need for direct contact with the disc.

What improvement can you expect:

- More relaxation when listening to your music.

- Music is perceived as more natural and pleasant. Listening fatigue doesn't stand a chance.

- Spatiality increases, because small details are better perceived.

Placement:

- On the preamp and phono amplifier.

- On the power amplifiers.

- On source equipment.

- On or under speakers.

- On power distributors and power conditioners, switch, modem.

- Anywhere in your set where interference fields negatively affect the sound.
Just another version of magic crystals.

Top Bottom