• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

LouB

I could only watch 1/2 of it, when He pulled out the 40K XLR cable I couldn't take anymore. I would like to see there sales record but it probably doesn't exist because can anybody really be that stupid to buy those cables. Or is that video some type of joke ?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Motherf***er... these people are supposed experts on audio, and the recording of this guy's voice is distorting (clipping???) constantly??! The tone also sucks.

Golden ears my ass. anyone who really cared about audio would rather punch themselves in the face than publish this abomination. This is worse than Zoom call recorded with built-in mics.

I'm not even mad about the $80K cable, that's more like sad for him than enraging. I'm just really annoyed that supposed audiophiles put such utter catsh** audio on Youtube. The credibility is below the floor. I know he's not a recording engineer, but FFS have a little pride.

Take some of that $80K and buy a $40 mic you clown!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :mad::mad::mad:

What does upset me a bit is wondering how someone this gullible got their hands on so much cash.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
If I were more ambitious I might be able to supply a little negative feedback too.

But I've neglected so many other opportunities already, I wouldn't know the best place to start, to get caught up.

Anyway, it won't be here.

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
when He pulled out the 40K XLR cable I couldn't take anymore.
That's the point where I ran down to the basement to see what I could do to pretty up a couple old cables and get them ready for sale. Be back later -- gotta get my ad campaign online...

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Clearly (ahem) designed for those who fetishise the old Bluebird land speed record cars, or maybe the Audi Avus concept (which I do want) ...

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 11.53.39 am.png

... but also, it's not transparent, it's (carbon) black. So disappointed.

bluebird_cn-7_glossy_paintwork_national_motor_museum_dc50-2769849935.jpeg

1991_Audi_AvusQuattroConcept5.jpg

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

GM3

Narcissism much there? He's only showing this stuff so he can basically brag about his income.
I don't know about that, watched a few of his vids (mostly for giggles), and he keeps trying to sell subscriptions to his website... Kinda makes it seem like he doesn't have a lot of money... I mean, he sure has lots of audio gear, but I don't see why someone with money would spend so much time and energy on selling website subscriptions...! That seems to be the entire reason for his yt channel, since you know, he has ***EXCLUSIVE CONTENT*** on his website, that you can register to, best information, never waste any money buying gear because he owned everything and has experience with every audio gear blablabla

Plus he calls his listening room a 'lab', but he never does any comparison or anything, just plays handheld clips ... And did you hear he has a website?

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I don't know about that, watched a few of his vids (mostly for giggles), and he keeps trying to sell subscriptions to his website... Kinda makes it seem like he doesn't have a lot of money... I mean, he sure has lots of audio gear, but I don't see why someone with money would spend so much time and energy on selling website subscriptions...! That seems to be the entire reason for his yt channel, since you know, he has ***EXCLUSIVE CONTENT*** on his website, that you can register to, best information, never waste any money buying gear because he owned everything and has experience with every audio gear blablabla

Plus he calls his listening room a 'lab', but he never does any comparison or anything, just plays handheld clips ... And did you hear he has a website?

Well, I only see this stuff after following links from here, so thanks for that. :facepalm::)

But there must be some other money/sponsorship/promotional dealing coming in. His YT subscribers and views aren't buying that stuff. He's no PewDiePie, or even Darko (it's well below ASR video channel level, even).

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
His income from YT is likely not that significant. I just figured he just had money to waste, like many in the clutches of audiophoolya.

D

Deleted member 48726

His income from YT is likely not that significant. I just figured he just had money to waste, like many in the clutches of audiophoolya.
What is it though.
  • Boredom?
  • Bragging achievements?
I mean the people they can brag about this stuff to need to be _more_ clueless than this to actually be convinced it's cool.

The whole subject of hi-end stuff is absolutely lost on me..:D

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What is it though.
  • Boredom?
  • Bragging achievements?
I mean the people they can brag about this stuff to need to be _more_ clueless than this to actually be convinced it's cool.

The whole subject of hi-end stuff is absolutely lost on me..:D
I've never thought the subject of hi-end stuff is much worth anything but ridicule.

Top Bottom