• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extraordiary Audiophool device

Efficacy of these products?

• Likely to improve sound quality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Might improve SQ under some circumstance

• Neutral regarding SQ

• Worthless audiophool sucker bait

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey!! I'm wondering if anybody else spotted ads for these remarkable devices from Add/Powr?

I guaranty that not a few audiophiles with hear these devices and insist they hear sound quality improvements. Could you be persuaded?

rs=w:1300,h:800

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
It's both "likely to improve sound quality" (100% because of placebo) and also a perfect example of "worthless audiophool sucker bait".

So I'm not really sure what good the poll does.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Yes, but "Worthless audiophool sucker bait" is going to get all the votes, and you know it :)

Except for a few pedantic voters who go "Weeell, technically the placebo effect does improve sound quality".

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, but "Worthless audiophool sucker bait" is going to get all the votes, and you know it :)

Except for a few pedantic voters who go "Weeell, technically the placebo effect does improve sound quality".
Perceived sound quality ;) not actuall sq.

Do placebos have a half-life ? A measurement for these kind of product would be for how long the delusion lasts ?

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Pure 60 Hz sine waves are just fine for my household power.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't it wonderful, you can buy devices to remove mains harmonics, now you can buy a device to add them! And both are equally pointless.

S.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Perceived sound quality ;) not actuall sq.

Do placebos have a half-life ? A measurement for these kind of product would be for how long the delusion lasts ?

True. But the poll doesn't make that distinction and it doesn't mention a timespan. Anything goes :D

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey!! I'm wondering if anybody else spotted ads for these remarkable devices from Add/Powr?

I guaranty that not a few audiophiles with hear these devices and insist they hear sound quality improvements. Could you be persuaded?

rs=w:1300,h:800
You haven't listed the price.

Obviously the expected audio improvement is related exponentially to purchase price.

Top Bottom