• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extending speaker wire.

geronimo1958

Forum Donor
I need to extend existing speaker wires. I have run 12AWG Monoprice speaker wire under the baseboard carpet interface for my surround speakers. Currently the speaker wire just protrudes out and I have enough excess speaker wire to make it to the speaker. The speaker wire is white. I would like to terminate the current wire near where it exits the baseboard / carpet interface and join it to a speaker wire with a color that more closely matches the carpet. I am looking at using Neutrik products but I am confused as to which items are appropriate for the task. The chassis connectors would be ideal but they require sodering and I would have to construct something on which to mount them. Might go that route in the future but not right now. I cannot figure out which Neutrik products to use to simply join the two speaker wires together without using the chassis connector.

Are Neutrik products appropriate for this task? I have bought Neutrik NL2FX 2-Pole speakON Cable Connector to use with my soon to arrive Buckeye Amp.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
solder works too!

can I convince you to put the wiring under the carpet?

cochlea

Forum Donor
Why not twist the ends together and use heat- shrink tubing?

Qbd

Sorry if it’s frowned upon to revive such an old thread, but I had the same question and thought I’d share my solder-free solution:

1x NLMMX
2x NL2FX (or any other female speakon).

Requires 3 parts instead of two, but requires no soldering, and both speaker wires are standard female to female.

Top Bottom