• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Expert Talk: What Is Bandwidth and Why Do I Care?

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Will the details about how to join the Zoom talk be made available at a later date upon registration?
Will there be alternative methods (yt? etc.) to watch/listen to the @j_j' presentation w/o Zoom and w/o participating in the Q&A?
You get information after you register.

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Only if he wears that insane shirt.

jj_491x492.jpg
Nah, it's winter. You'll have to live with plaid.

Oh, and I'd be glad to give you a link to the company that sells those shirts.

Last edited:

digicidal

Major Contributor
Well, since it's approaching summer for @restorer-john - maybe he's interested in getting one for himself. ;) I'm glad it will be available recorded (despite being in the 'right' timezone for it). Work rarely cooperates for those things, but it looks to be a very interesting talk.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Well, since it's approaching summer for @restorer-john - maybe he's interested in getting one for himself. ;)

I wore a Hawaiian shirt once for a bet. Drew the line at a pizza tie, but parrots I might be able to pull off...

tikky

It's around 02:00-06:00 am here in Europe. I hope It will be uploaded to Youtube.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor

Koeitje

Major Contributor
After a couple of week delay for processing, the talk should be available as recorded. We do 6PM PST because that doesn't block out east coast USA people, and we can't go earlier because that would mean west coast US people are at work. I understand your frustration.
Oh it wasn't frustration, you can never accommodate everyone. But good to hear the talk is available later.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
If the earth was flat, we wouldn't have these time zone problems. :D
Flat earthers have explanations for that, I'm sure of it.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Thanks, from all of us that are living 8+ hours away.
We'll remind you :)
I’m counting on that. So pretty please do Sir. ;)

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is an interesting topic.
I am not sure if I can attend.
Is it best for those that cannot commit to abstain from registering to avoid taking a slot from another?

- Rich

Last edited:

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Wow, this is it. It is not often you hear from a certified "expert" in a field. From what I know of JJ, he has forgotten more in the audio field than most people will know in a lifetime. I enjoy hearing from those at the cutting edge of a field. Usually you find that "common sense ideas" do not actually apply like you thought they would. If anyone has any interest in digital audio and psychoacoustics, this is the zoom meeting to listen to. JJ can cut through the BS and deliver factually correct information. Plus this is free. My goodness can ASR ever get any better than it is now? ASR is amazing!

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Only if he wears that insane shirt.

jj_491x492.jpg

Holy cow! First, I've been following JJ's stuff online since the 90's. He's totally awesome.

But even more important, it appears he and Benny Andersson are doppelgangers! (JJ's more handsome though! :) )

Benny Andersson Picture

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This should cover some of the basics for people:

Top Bottom