• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Experiences with XTZ A2-300

Ram

Hi All

Am new to the forum. Most members here seem to be experts or very knowledgeable in your field and hope to seek your expertise and advice on some thoughts that I have to better my sound.

I own a pair of easy to drive Klipsch RP 6000f front amd 504C centre speakers , Jamo Surrounds and Front Heights, Onkyo RZ 830 amp, Marantz UD7007 cd/sacd/bluerayplayer and recently purchased an XTZ A2-300 stereo power amp.

The power amp drives my Onkyo for stereo as well as movies. I watch movies quite a bit but do enjoy stereo music. I use streaming via Tidal mostly and a fair bit of old CDs. The reason I went for a power amp to add on to my onkyo was to enhance sound quality. I must say the XTZ really helped open up the onkyo revealing clear, detailed and transparent sound at louder volumes as well. Bass delivery was good too. Tight and punchy.

However for movies or you tube, the XTZ amp still doesnt express its full potential as yet. Maybe I have not fully caliberated yet. Or my gain on my XTZ is not at the right setting. Have it at 75% now. Not really sure what the gain is meant for to be honest.

Has anyone had similar experiences to share?

Initially was thinking of emotiva or cambridge 851W but guess was happy enough with the XTZ esp at its price to get it without trying the other two. Not sure if the other two would have been better.

Now in search of my audio quest am thinking should I

(a) Get 2 XTZ amps and have them power each of my speakers. Will the added power and focus result in considerably better stereo sound? or

(b) Get a Bluesound Node 2i or Network Player connected to my power amp for my Tidal. Will that enhance better sound for streaming. My current Onkyo830 which can stream Tidal from the onkyo app has this
AKM (AK4458) 384 kHz/32-bit DAC Image. Would the Blusound Node dac be better?

Hoping to seek your advice and valuable views. Appreciate it.

Top Bottom