• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Experience with adding trigger input to Hypex NC122MP / NC252MP?

TobiasRuby

I’ve gotten my hands on two NC122MP modules from a local private reseller. I plan to put them in Ghent audio cases and built up a new living room system.

My question is if anyone has experience with adding trigger inputs to these modules (couldn't find it covered elsewhere on ASR)? As far as I can see it looks like I just need to pull the J6.9 High to enable the PS. My initial thought would be to put a transistor or relay and possibly add a capacitor to add delay before it shuts off again (2-5 min). Anybody with more experience on how to implement this in the easiest and safest way?
It seems Audiophonics have added it to their amps based on these modules – anybody who has a schematic or picture of this implementation for inspiration?
Also does anyone know if the mute function (J4.13) should be used to enable a smooth start-up?

Hopefully someone has been here before Thanks a lot in advance!

TomekNet

See BA for inspiration

Top Bottom