• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Excel Spreadsheet to help with Measuring and Tuning Tonearm Effective Mass

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I have a spreadsheet - originally developed by "luckydog" (who I have not seen online for some years) - into which you can plug the figures and extract an accurate effective mass calculation. - I have uploaded it within a ZIP...

It is a very useful tool.

You measure the mass of the end of the arm - without counterweight and with headshell removed, you then measure the weight of the headshell and of the counterweight - each seperately.

If you are seeking flexibility, you will build up a library of headshells (mass from 5.5g to over 20g) and counterweights (the counterweights are trickier to get / find, as you need to get "spares" designed for different arms/TT's where the tonearm tube diameter is the same as yours... I have about 3 counterweights that I use for such purposes...

Attachments

• Tonearm Mass.zip
    60.7 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom