• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Example Speaker Measurements: Klipsch RP-600M/Neumann KH 150 (video)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As you were, yet again, explaining the Klippel system around 5:30 in you mention floor and ceiling bounce are general parameters for calculating. What does Klippel consider an average? 8'-10' ceilings? I suppose side wall reflections are estimates as well for many rooms but considering how many 2-way designs are deficient in vertical dispersion it would be interesting, and for some owners really pertinent, to know Klippel's parameters.
This is not a klippel functionality but part of the CEA-2034 specifications. See my explanation here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...speaker-measurements-video.44101/post-1569448

Briefly, it a statistical average for 15 rooms measured.

As promised, here is a follow up to my speaker measurement video with examples of a great and not so great speaker:

A personal note: as you all know, I don't allow advertising in my videos, nor do I pester people to subscribe, give likes, etc. in the video. Alas, it seems some out there are keeping score on popularity of my content as proof point of whether their audio videos are more correct than mine. So let's even the playground and subscribe to my channel if you have not before. Click on this link to go to my youtube channel (youtube.com/@audiosciencereview) and do that. Appreciate it in advance.
I was already subscribed! lol

AndyBeckett

@amirm, could the drop here be an attempt at the BBC dip? I know this has been debunked somewhat but it was in the same frequency range.
Also, does the crossover filtering affect the phase, in other words, should there be some nonlinearity to the response?

devopsprodude

As promised, here is a follow up to my speaker measurement video with examples of a great and not so great speaker:

A personal note: as you all know, I don't allow advertising in my videos, nor do I pester people to subscribe, give likes, etc. in the video. Alas, it seems some out there are keeping score on popularity of my content as proof point of whether their audio videos are more correct than mine. So let's even the playground and subscribe to my channel if you have not before. Click on this link to go to my youtube channel (youtube.com/@audiosciencereview) and do that. Appreciate it in advance.
Subscribed.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm Thanks for yet again another interesting tutorial.
You mention in this episode "near field" and "far field". Could you please elaborate a bit more on what these concepts mean and why it is important to distinguish between the two?
Thank you.
It is explained in the first video of this series. In short Near Field - Direct Sound. Far Field - Direct plus Reflected Sound.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And I think we know which one...

I think your comments on the Klippel NFS are out of line.
However, he is right that the correct name is Tom (Tomlinson) Holman, not Holaman. He co-founded Audyssey with Chris Kyriakakis and is the "TH' in "THX".

Postlan

Neumann is likely using digital correction.

In this case, would it be possible to request measurements of each unit without digital correction? Alternatively, measurements without connecting the network's output to the unit would also be good.

It shouldn't be a waste to find out which one provides a better listening experience, between heavily digitally corrected cheap units and units designed to be as flat as possible with minimal digital correction.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Alas, it seems some out there are keeping score on popularity of my content as proof point of whether their audio videos are more correct than mine.
Already subscribed since video 1. But I'm curious as to "who" is making this terrible point about popularity = correctness. I doubt it was Andrew Jones, so who was it?

Top Bottom