• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 67 20.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 258 77.9%

• Total voters

oneman

Only one coax and only one optical input. Why?! Is it so hard to make a dac equipped with e.g three coax + three optical inputs and at least one digital output?
It should be like this:

Attachments

• dac.png
    dac.png
    473.2 KB · Views: 193

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Only one coax and only one optical input. Why?! Is it so hard to make a dac equipped with e.g three coax + three optical inputs and at least one digital output?
It should be like this:

Get an ARCAM ST60 :)

0rangutan

It should be like this:
I think it is entirely possible, but I suspect that your use case is a little niche.
This will be a desktop device for many, requiring just a single USB input, so, to some degree, it has *more* inputs than required.

davidbea

Zidoo (Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co.,Ltd) has a website (https://www.zidoo.tv/) and an online store (https://shop.zidoo.tv/) with links to Amazon US, Amazon EU and Aliexpress. Not one of these options provides a store listing for DAC-Z6 or DAC-Z8; nor is the manufacturer listed by other Shenzhen audio web stores.

Perhaps there are ethical issues to be considered, but it would be helpful ASR could provide, as part of a review, a note about product availability together with sample link(s) to where it can be purchased. If necessary include a disclaimer from ASR that this is for information only, and is not a retail recommendation.
I see Amazon lists the Z6. https://www.amazon.com/EverSolo-Con...rgid=pla-1928691682739&psc=1&region_id=674469

bkdc

Forum Donor
Wonderful DAC/preamp. Two regrets anyway :

- no sufficient headphone output (well, the integrated headph output is very clean on the test bench, but not enough power and versatilty) ;
- no analog input, even in our digital age, it can be useful and convenient ;
- no integration of a a digital EQ or room correction system. Such an implementation becomes more and more madantory.

Maybe Xidoo will read us and release a more complete version ? Hope so.
For around 1 000 € or $, this would be an optimal product.
Sounds like you want a ADI Pro FS. Everything but the VU meter.

I hope Xidoo does find a way to increase the output on the headphone amp. But ask a desktop user who has had his share of broken DACs, I think I prefer the spartan DACmagic 200m interface as there is no LED screen to malfunction.

My RME ADI-2 is currently out for repair but at least the company is able to service/repair it for a reasonable price.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Zidoo (Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co.,Ltd) has a website (https://www.zidoo.tv/) and an online store (https://shop.zidoo.tv/) with links to Amazon US, Amazon EU and Aliexpress. Not one of these options provides a store listing for DAC-Z6 or DAC-Z8; nor is the manufacturer listed by other Shenzhen audio web stores.

Perhaps there are ethical issues to be considered, but it would be helpful ASR could provide, as part of a review, a note about product availability together with sample link(s) to where it can be purchased. If necessary include a disclaimer from ASR that this is for information only, and is not a retail recommendation.
As with Toyota and Lexus brands in US, EverSolo is the brand the company likes to see and use for this product line (audio only). I did not know this so marked a lot of the graphs/review with Zidoo which is the parent company (and specific brand for video products). I see no ethical issues there. I don't know what you mean by the disclaimer. As noted, Amazon carries this product so definitely a retail product.

Moxalain

Another positive point : the Z8 can be controlled from a smartphone. I can turn up or down the sound without moving. It's nice.

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
Nice, at this point in time it’s only about bells and whistles…love the big screen, vu meters. Color display .

uh Hmmmm…. 400 dacs reviewed , maybe someone had better start making better use of their time. Seems to me there’s a rake lying in the yard out there that needs a friend. And that compost isn’t gonna turn itself.

dr0ss

uh Hmmmm…. 400 dacs reviewed , maybe someone had better start making better use of their time.
OK, so here's another waste of time. Using data from the review index, eliminating data points for which either the price or the SINAD was not available, I made a couple of Price v SINAD charts. For one I classified any DAC costing over $6000 as "ludicrous", for the other I classified any DAC over $1000 as "silly".
1675379935375.png
1675379893682.png

Probably I should have added an "unnecessary" chart for anything over $100. Good DACS are absurdly cheap.

Tovarich007

Sounds like you want a ADI Pro FS. Everything but the VU meter.

I hope Xidoo does find a way to increase the output on the headphone amp. But ask a desktop user who has had his share of broken DACs, I think I prefer the spartan DACmagic 200m interface as there is no LED screen to malfunction.

My RME ADI-2 is currently out for repair but at least the company is able to service/repair it for a reasonable price.
Well, RME is without any doubt an excellent brand with a well deserved reputation for offering a good service, and it's european made moreover, which is important for an european (french) like me. But prices aren't the same that the chinese brands who offer somehow the same level of componentry and build quality.

And the RME DACs or ADDACS like the ADI-2/4 Pro Se don't offer an automatic room calibration. the Eversolo too anyway, and I pointed out this is a limitation nowadays.
The RMEs 5 bands manual EQ is a useful feature, but less efficient and convenient than a Dirac or Odyssey software implementation. So, there is no complete solution on the market today at a reasonable price tag.

0rangutan

I received my Z-8 today with fantastic service from Futeko.com in the UK.
Very happy and impressed so far! A happy addition to my desktop setup.
It replaces a Grace M9xx from ca. 2016 and, while there isn't a massive step up, I believe that it sounds more detailed with a better sound stage.
As reported by others, the build quality is superb and the UI is a pleasure to use.

4th VU mode!
20230203_110155.jpg

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
OK, so here's another waste of time. Using data from the review index, eliminating data points for which either the price or the SINAD was not available, I made a couple of Price v SINAD charts. For one I classified any DAC costing over $6000 as "ludicrous", for the other I classified any DAC over $1000 as "silly".
View attachment 261866View attachment 261865

Probably I should have added an "unnecessary" chart for anything over $100. Good DACS are absurdly cheap.
Your were suppose to pick up the rake and do some yard work. LOL

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
I received my Z-8 today with fantastic service from Futeko.com in the UK.
Very happy and impressed so far! A happy addition to my desktop setup.
It replaces a Grace M9xx from ca. 2016 and, while there isn't a massive step up, I believe that it sounds more detailed with a better sound stage.
As reported by others, the build quality is superb and the UI is a pleasure to use.

4th VU mode!View attachment 261949
Show us some more pics of the screen options please, beautiful

rozel

Blimey that was quick! Yep I concur that this is probably the best looking DAC around. Pity I keep mine behind a darkened glass front cover of my HiFi cabinet :facepalm:

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
Wondering what the difference is between the 8 model and the 6 model which is cheaper by a bit

Top Bottom