• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 67 20.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 258 77.9%

• Total voters

Tovarich007

Wonderful DAC/preamp. Two regrets anyway :

- no sufficient headphone output (well, the integrated headph output is very clean on the test bench, but not enough power and versatilty) ;
- no analog input, even in our digital age, it can be useful and convenient ;
- no integration of a a digital EQ or room correction system. Such an implementation becomes more and more madantory.

Maybe Xidoo will read us and release a more complete version ? Hope so.
For around 1 000 € or $, this would be an optimal product.

Tovarich007

P.S. : the absence of AES output is missing too,but it's not a problem for most amateurs. It's only one for those who want to use it fully digitally and link it to AES input of DSP speakers without using the DAC section (which is rather strange, this model being primarly designed as an excellent DAC).

Anyway, most of these speakers are usually used directly from a digital hub connection, not thru a external ADDAC.

notabenem

@amirm is getting better and better by the day drawing those incredible graphs by hand, and today, he decided to start at -160! How impressive! Such beautiful lines. Deserves some art awards too :p

GeekyBastard

Oh wow, never knew Zidoo/芝杜 would make a high performance DAC like this, they were quite popular in China for their High-End UHD media players, this design sure is quite elegant.

rozel

Well since I "nudged" @amirm to see if he could sort something out (knowing Zidoo sent him a Z8 about a couple of months ago) I am very please with the bulk of the reaction
his Review has drawn since yesterday - 7 pages already! I personally have had my Z8 since the middle of November and was so impressed with it that I asked Zidoo if they kindly would send Amir a unit for Review purposes. I haven't been disappointed in any way. Yes I hear what is being said about the HP power but the Z8 drives my Audio-Technica M50x Pro Studio Headphones more than sufficiently.

After coming to this forum when I "got into DACs" I eventually bought a Gustard X-16 and was blown away with its SQ. But all I can say is that the Zidoo Eversolo DAC-Z8 blows it away. And I bought this DAC because the quality of my Media Player, a Zidoo Z1000 Pro, is simply breathtaking as all their Media Players are.

So keep all constructive comments coming - I'm loving what I'd interpret to be vindication in buying my Z8 :D :D :D

Fleuch

Zidoo (Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co.,Ltd) has a website (https://www.zidoo.tv/) and an online store (https://shop.zidoo.tv/) with links to Amazon US, Amazon EU and Aliexpress. Not one of these options provides a store listing for DAC-Z6 or DAC-Z8; nor is the manufacturer listed by other Shenzhen audio web stores.

Perhaps there are ethical issues to be considered, but it would be helpful ASR could provide, as part of a review, a note about product availability together with sample link(s) to where it can be purchased. If necessary include a disclaimer from ASR that this is for information only, and is not a retail recommendation.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Zidoo (Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co.,Ltd) has a website (https://www.zidoo.tv/) and an online store (https://shop.zidoo.tv/) with links to Amazon US, Amazon EU and Aliexpress. Not one of these options provides a store listing for DAC-Z6 or DAC-Z8; nor is the manufacturer listed by other Shenzhen audio web stores.

Perhaps there are ethical issues to be considered, but it would be helpful ASR could provide, as part of a review, a note about product availability together with sample link(s) to where it can be purchased. If necessary include a disclaimer from ASR that this is for information only, and is not a retail recommendation.

Here you go:

Both sold by EverSolo and shipped by Amazon. The Z8, in my city (Houston, TX) is available for delivery the same day.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well since I "nudged" @amirm to see if he could sort something out (knowing Zidoo sent him a Z8 about a couple of months ago) I am very please with the bulk of the reaction
his Review has drawn since yesterday - 7 pages already! I personally have had my Z8 since the middle of November and was so impressed with it that I asked Zidoo if they kindly would send Amir a unit for Review purposes. I haven't been disappointed in any way. Yes I hear what is being said about the HP power but the Z8 drives my Audio-Technica M50x Pro Studio Headphones more than sufficiently.

After coming to this forum when I "got into DACs" I eventually bought a Gustard X-16 and was blown away with its SQ. But all I can say is that the Zidoo Eversolo DAC-Z8 blows it away. And I bought this DAC because the quality of my Media Player, a Zidoo Z1000 Pro, is simply breathtaking as all their Media Players are.

So keep all constructive comments coming - I'm loving what I'd interpret to be vindication in buying my Z8 :D :D :D
Get one of their neo's and you will have their breathtaking media player along with their dac.
Because it they are android based, you get the vu meters for free

MyCuriosity

Fine and good looking Dac. For great they need work with intermodulation and filters to be called state of the art

rozel

Get one of their neo's and you will have their breathtaking media player along with their dac.
Because it they are android based, you get the vu meters for free

Nope. All Zidoo Media Players have EXACTY the same video performance from the base Z9X up to latest Neo Alpha and from what I've read in this Review the Z8 most definately should outperform the latest Neo Alpha on audio performance too. Think you need to research more :)

SlamTaz

Z6 & Z8 description on Amazon says:

Analog Audio Output Preamp output: XLR(balanced)+RCA Headphone output: 6.3mm single-ended

Does that mean you can output the XLR to your power amp + passive speakers and simultaneously output the RCA to a sub?

rozel

Analog Audio Output Preamp output: XLR(balanced)+RCA Headphone output: 6.3mm single-ended

Does that mean you can output the XLR to your power amp + passive speakers and simultaneously output the RCA to a sub?

Although I haven't tried, yes I believe you can

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company

It’s always a good idea to check the user manual ;)

27B1AE37-281B-4D6B-9F78-2A8CD2AC03D1.jpeg

Top Bottom