• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 67 20.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 256 78.0%

• Total voters

notsodeadlizard

And I’ve done tons of googling. I’m asking about this particular model in this thread, EverSolo DAC-Z8. Especially those have tried it themselves.

It’s okay I already placed my order anyway, until then I’ll see if others who’ve tried can respond otherwise I’ll find out myself. If it doesn’t work then it’s fine I’m going to use it the usual way.

Thank you for your response.
The method based on Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter will work as with your current DAC (Topping D90) as with EverSolo as with any DAC which is powered by a separate power supply.

nawfal07

The method based on Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter will work as with your current DAC (Topping D90) as with EverSolo as with any DAC which is powered by a separate power supply.

Thank you.

0rangutan

And I’ve done tons of googling. I’m asking about this particular model in this thread, EverSolo DAC-Z8. Especially those have tried it themselves.

It’s okay I already placed my order anyway, until then I’ll see if others who’ve tried can respond otherwise I’ll find out myself. If it doesn’t work then it’s fine I’m going to use it the usual way.

Thank you for your response.
Yes, I can confirm that it works outputting HiRes 24/192 from my Android Samsung S21 via Roon into my Z8 using a USB-C to USB-C cable.
The Z8 is fantastic - I am sure you will be delighted with it.

nawfal07

Yes, I can confirm that it works outputting HiRes 24/192 from my Android Samsung S21 via Roon into my Z8 using a USB-C to USB-C cable.
The Z8 is fantastic - I am sure you will be delighted with it.

Thank you, that’s awesome. Can’t wait for mine!

auronthas

Many thanks for users feedback and Amir's review. Interesting and beautiful Z8 DAC with many features.

Is this single or dual DAC ES9038 Pro?

Any users that own Topping D90 (AKM4499) or Denafrip Ares II, is this DAC has significant sound improvement for the upgrade based on very good measurement with low noise?
Currently having CXN V2 streamer, should I get the DMP-A6 or Z8 DAC ?

auronthas

Just realised there's FPGA firmware update for Ares II, thus Z8 or A5 will be KIVed until my proper audition on a "new unit" as many Ares II owners praised.

StandardModel

Forum Donor
I have a Cambridge CXN-2. CXN- 2 uses StreamMagic which is a poor service in terms of ease of use and the UI although it can access about 30,000 music URL's. I primarily listen to online music stations. I've tried to determine if among the "plugins" available for the Eversolo DMP-6/8 is one for searching for and playing on line music stations like StreamMagic. As far as I can tell, Eversolo only allows TuneIn which is very limited. Can I add a plugin which would do what StreamMagic does and if so which one(s) can be added? Can I search URL's and add them to my own Music library on the Eversolo?
If the Eversolo can't do this I'm looking at the HiFi Rose R250A which although more expensive, looks like it can do what I need. Any better suggestions?

TIA.

Last edited:

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I have a Cambridge CXN-2. CXN- 2 uses StreamMagic which is a poor service in terms of ease of use and the UI although it can access about 30,000 music URL's. I primarily listen to online music stations. I've tried to determine if among the "plugins" available for the Eversolo DMP-6/8 is one for searching for and playing on line music stations like StreamMagic. As far as I can tell, Eversolo only allows TuneIn which is very limited. Can I add a plugin which would do what StreamMagic does and if so which one(s) can be added? Can I search URL's and add them to my own Music library on the Eversolo?
If the Eversolo can't do this I'm looking at the HiFi Rose R250A which although more expensive, looks like it can do what I need. Any better suggestions?

TIA.

I think you intended to post this in the EverSolo DMP-A6? This is a different product and this is just DAC with no Streaming capabilities. The thread you wanted is linked below for your convenience.

D

Deleted member 62501

I was curious if anyone is using this dac z8 with the eversolo streamer? Thanks

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I did try the Z-8 connected to the DMP a-6 used the usb out from the DMP, it works, no noticeable difference in sound quality.
Keith

jpjunction

It would be great to implement on Z8:

Power Mode
StandBy after power plug in
Startup after power plug in

like it is done on A6

77HIFI

.Having now upgraded my 2008 audio system I bought this Dac and Eversolo's DMP-A6 music streamer and WOW. I have had and built quite a few audio gear and have never heard anything as clear and detailed as this setup. I can't stop listening to it so I just wake up in my chair!

tragedy

Hey! I'm seriously interested in getting the EverSolo DAC-Z6 or Z8. However before I pull the trigger, I need to know if the DAC works properly with an LG C2 TV when connected via Toslink. In my experience most ESS DACs don't work well with LG TV's. My Topping DX5 has frequent audio drops when connected to my C2. While my Topping E30 which has an AKM chip has zero issues. So my request is could anyone with an EverSolo Z6 or Z8 and an LG TV test if the DAC and TV connect via Toslink without any audio issues... Thanks!

auronthas

Hi, for those with Z8 pair and stack with DMP-A6 streamer, may I know if both VU meter display are in sync?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I believe they do I will check.
Keith

Agoue

bonjour keith, je ne suis pas sûr de ce que je comprends. J'ai un Z8, le DAC DMP A6 peut-il le remplacer dans toutes ses fonctions DAC ? ou bien faut-il associer le Z8 au dmp A6. de plus la DMP A6 se connecte directement à la box en wifi ?
Merci pour votre retour
André

MusicNBeer

Forum Donor
Got this today from Amazon. Man this thing is nice. Build quality is top notch and sounds great, as you'd expect. They actually listened and now have a large volume display option. Super cool DAC.

Nutul

Got this today from Amazon. Man this thing is nice. Build quality is top notch and sounds great, as you'd expect. They actually listened and now have a large volume display option. Super cool DAC.

Now we just need bigger, and maybe fancier, VU meters, and we're done, uh?
Love mine, since almost 4 months!

Top Bottom