• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 339 65.8%

• Total voters

StefanKue

I have a problem when I connect my music collection with my NAS. When I scan my folders its all work properly and I can see all music files. After shut down and restart the disappear and its show a message „invalid“ folders. All other devices in my network work without a problem.
Somebody ideas what can cause this problem?

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I have a problem when I connect my music collection with my NAS. When I scan my folders its all work properly and I can see all music files. After shut down and restart the disappear and its show a message „invalid“ folders. All other devices in my network work without a problem.
Somebody ideas what can cause this problem?
v1.1.50 should soved this issue, PM me the MAC and version(Settings- About), will push the version for you.

StandardModel

Forum Donor
I have had an RS 250 Rose for a year, old model, DAC 9038 K2M, I think EVERSOLO is close on the sound part with DAC use, streamer no audible difference. Otherwise Rose offers more video and a bigger screen, very good on radios. Both apps are equivalent from what I see, same issues with Apple reported. I use with Roon, good. Perhaps, difference with sound signature because Rose is both neutral and fluid, rather soft, not too analytical, it aims for ease of listening and versatility on the styles of music listened to, bass not too accentuated (more bass on the 150 the high end). Yes very dear, last year the only offer with these features and beautiful sound, even more so now because the new Rose is equipped with the 9038 pro DAC, has better analog signal processing in the device. Today, EVERSOLO is a serious alternative if you don't need the video and save a lot of money. Chinese manufacturers are disruptors, offer almost the same thing with a few much cheaper concessions….
Thanks for the evaluation of the sound. It's just what I needed. How is the sound stage? Is it wide or narrow?
I've looked on Hi Fi Rose's support site and there seem to be quite a few complaints about software glitches. Have you had substantial problems with the software? Are you generally pleased with the RS250? In other words would you buy it again today or something else?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the evaluation of the sound. It's just what I needed. How is the sound stage? Is it wide or narrow?
I've looked on Hi Fi Rose's support site and there seem to be quite a few complaints about software glitches. Have you had substantial problems with the software? Are you generally pleased with the RS250? In other words would you buy it again today or something else?
neither the rose nor the DMP are complete and will have software "glitches". I had the rose and the neo s (similar platform including software as the dmp) and can say they are both a work in progress. I would not buy the rose again. Its a fine unit but it is way too expensive (my opinion) as compared to other options. This is now especially true with the release of the dmp. if software is a concern, based upon my experience i would take the eversolo because their releases were more complete and frequent than the rose's

Ibsen

A new member who is not aware of the ASR Science First Culture. Let’s give the New members a little wiggle room to grow and learn. Be more patient and gracious with them and give them a chance to adapt to the Science and Engineering environment. They have taken the first step by joining our forum. Benefit of the doubt since they only joined a few hours ago.
One thing I learned here is that sound is not sound. It is a sequence of ones and zeros

Anushka

Hi guys, I am new here.
altho I am here from page 8~, only now I opened an account.
I ordered DMP A6, and suppost to get it like 2-3 weeks from now.

Anyway I did not see info about it so ill ask:

There is a EQ option? I saw videos about the eversolo app and I did not see it, but since it is base on android I guess maybe there are apps for it.
Anyway I would be happy hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Werther44210

Merci pour l'évaluation du fils. C'est juste ce dont j'avais besoin. Comment est la scène sonore ? Est-il large ou étroit ?
J'ai regardé sur le site d'assistance de Hi Fi Rose et il semble y avoir pas mal de plaintes concernant des problèmes logiciels. Avez-vous eu des problèmes importants avec le logiciel ? Êtes-vous généralement satisfait du RS250 ? En d'autres termes, l'achèteriez-vous encore aujourd'hui ou autre chose ?

neither the rose nor the DMP are complete and will have software "glitches". I had the rose and the neo s (similar platform including software as the dmp) and can say they are both a work in progress. I would not buy the rose again. Its a fine unit but it is way too expensive (my opinion) as compared to other options. This is now especially true with the release of the dmp. if software is a concern, based upon my experience i would take the eversolo because their releases were more complete and frequent than the rose's
The strong point of the Rose is precisely a very wide sound stage, a lot of space, which allows the micro details to be well felt (very good ventilation between the instruments if the amp is good), the more explosive sounds such as percussion are quite rounded. What is missing compared to its rival (Auralic at the same price) is depth, dynamism and a fuller and more powerful bass, a sound that one could say is more voluminous. Regarding the difficulties reported on the Rose compared to the operating software on the forum, first devices, a little about what is happening on the EverSolo (over the versions it improves), my version of last year none problem, frequent updates that work well, I put a hard disk in it, and ripped all my CDs, the video (YouTube) is very well rendered, no bugs, I use optical, coaxial, RCA, USB with the same amp, a Denon PMA 110 which has a bit of the same signature as the Rose, neutral with a touch of musicality and a natural tone. The only downside at Rose, limited music services (Qobuz and Tidal) and the Apple case with some problems, for Apple, Auralic is in the Apple eco-system works very well with it. I will not take Auralic because there are no digital outputs and not Android compatible, if I do not want to spend too much I will take an EverSolo with the Z8 DAC in addition possibly and have a high quality of listening given the excellent DAC (needs space to cram two devices), if the budget is higher, I would take a Rose 150, brings the dynamics, the rhythm, a much deeper bass, such a big device (13 kilos)….

Werther44210

ni la rose ni le DMP ne sont complets et auront des "problèmes" logiciels. J'ai eu le rose et le neo s (plate-forme similaire comprenant un logiciel comme le dmp) et je peux dire qu'ils sont tous les deux un travail en cours. Je n'achèterais plus la rose. C'est une bonne unité mais c'est beaucoup trop cher (à mon avis) par rapport aux autres options. C'est maintenant particulièrement vrai avec la sortie du dmp. si le logiciel est un problème, d'après mon expérience, je prendrais l'eversolo car leurs versions étaient plus complètes et réalisées que celles de la rose

Werther44210

I share your point of view, DMP A6 and Rose, developments on the software part will contribute to a better user experience (since I use Roon, I am little impacted at this level), Rose price too high, okay, after some feedback on the EverSolo brand (DAC Z8), the bass is very punchy, on dynamic music it seems more interesting to me than Rose which on the other hand on Jazz acoustics it could be the opposite. The DMP A6 must be auditioned at my Hi-Fi supplier, who will sell it (does the Zidoo in Audio-video), this will allow me to know what it looks like. I recommended the DMP A6 to a friend who wants to replace his BlueSound Node and doesn't have the budget for a Rose

spizz

Has anyone tried DTS CD .wav file on the Eversolo via the HDMI out? Does it work into an AVR?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The strong point of the Rose is precisely a very wide sound stage, a lot of space, which allows the micro details to be well felt (very good ventilation between the instruments if the amp is good), the more explosive sounds such as percussion are quite rounded. What is missing compared to its rival (Auralic at the same price) is depth, dynamism and a fuller and more powerful bass, a sound that one could say is more voluminous. Regarding the difficulties reported on the Rose compared to the operating software on the forum, first devices, a little about what is happening on the EverSolo (over the versions it improves), my version of last year none problem, frequent updates that work well, I put a hard disk in it, and ripped all my CDs, the video (YouTube) is very well rendered, no bugs, I use optical, coaxial, RCA, USB with the same amp, a Denon PMA 110 which has a bit of the same signature as the Rose, neutral with a touch of musicality and a natural tone. The only downside at Rose, limited music services (Qobuz and Tidal) and the Apple case with some problems, for Apple, Auralic is in the Apple eco-system works very well with it. I will not take Auralic because there are no digital outputs and not Android compatible, if I do not want to spend too much I will take an EverSolo with the Z8 DAC in addition possibly and have a high quality of listening given the excellent DAC (needs space to cram two devices), if the budget is higher, I would take a Rose 150, brings the dynamics, the rhythm, a much deeper bass, such a big device (13 kilos)….
Uh-huh, I enjoy Grimm fairy stories, but Harry Potter is good too or La Fontaine perhaps?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
uh huh, sure. Dynamics and rhythm. Yup.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
One thing I learned here is that sound is not sound. It is a sequence of ones and zeros
In the Digital domain that’s true. It’s just a different type of data until it gets converted to Analog by a DAC. Them it becomes the sound we hear. If you were being sarcastic please disregard this post. ;)

poonmh

Please help as my DMP-A6 cannot output DSD to my USB DAC that uses amanero chip (amanero combo 384 when plug to windows 10). Only PCM can be output to the DAC. Thank you.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Please help as my DMP-A6 cannot output DSD to my USB DAC that uses amanero chip (amanero combo 384 when plug to windows 10). Only PCM can be output to the DAC. Thank you.

that's a common problem with the amanero chip

I think EverSolo will be selling these direct and through Amazon, but neither seems to have any for sale.
I guess we just wait?

ps. Do you think their site pays to use this Star Wars image?

Last edited:

yllanos

Top Bottom