• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 28.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 336 65.5%

• Total voters

Korvenwin

2 question to happy owners. Does the player supports cue-files? And .iso sacd images?

I have not tried cue files, but SACD .iso is my main use and it works FLAWLESSLY in 2/6 channels. The internal library search an index disks and tracks without problems.

jpjunction

I have not tried cue files, but SACD .iso is my main use and it works FLAWLESSLY in 2/6 channels. The internal library search an index disks and tracks without problems.
Please try it if you can. My entire music library consists of img+cue flac files plus iso images.

stactum

I had my Eversolo for a few days now and absolutely love it! I paired it with Schiit Vidar 2 to Tekton Lores and have an SVS SB-2000 subwoofer for a 2.1 setup. I had Bluesound Node N130 before that but I like Eversolo's DAC quite a bit more.

I use RCAs to connect my amp and sub and here's how it looks, I just got these RCA splitters and it works quite well:

IMG_2676.JPG

Bernd

Forum Donor
Hello, I have few questions to the community about this device (my use case is headphone listening only)

1. As far as I can see this is a streamer using Android OS. How does it overcome the Android audio resampling to 48 Khz. Is it doing something similar to the USB Audio Player Pro which bypasses the Android OS to deliver bitperfect replay from sources that are not 48khz

2. As it the Eversolo is based on the Android OS, can I sideload apps for EQing my headphones such as Wavelet, if I want to use the built in DAC (+ in which case I would add an external balanced headphone amp such as the SMSL SAP-9)

3. if no EQ app such as Wavelet/UAPP can be linked to the internal DAC - would they work if I added an external DAC/AMP such as the Topping DX3 PRO

Thanks in advance for your replies

C. Cook

Got this thing in today and it works fine with the USB C input from Tidal on my PC. But the coax digital input from my CD player's digital out is completely non-functional. Had a friend here at the lab (nothing to do with audio) create an account at the Eversolo forums (for some reason my attempts kept failing) and posted the question there as well. Anyone here actually tried the coax input from a CD player yet? Annoying AF TBH - that is the main source I use.

Figured I'd edit this one as well. Turns out that it seems to work fine with the Parks Puffin (phono DSP) when it's set to 96kHz and 48kHz out (it's only two settings). It will not work with anything lower than 48kHz (i.e., 44.1 which is pretty dang standard), so I think this is either a design flaw, a firmware issue, or I got a defective unit.

Last edited:

C. Cook

You have selected coax as output in the app?
Keith
Coax (digital) input and RCA (analog) output. Trying to use it as a DAC.
Update: It seems to work with the Parks Puffin Phono DSP's digital out at 96kHz - OR - 48kHz. It will not play any audio from my Rotel CD player's digital out which displays as 44.1kHz when I plug that one in. Very weird. And now it doesn't even detect the 44.1 signal and the display is just blank other than the VU meters and Coaxial In up at the top left on the LED screen.
messages_0.png

Last edited:

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Coax (digital) input and RCA (analog) output. Trying to use it as a DAC.
Update: It seems to work with the Parks Puffin Phono DSP's digital out at 96kHz - OR - 48kHz. It will not play any audio from my Rotel CD player's digital out which displays as 44.1kHz when I plug that one in. Very weird. And now it doesn't even detect the 44.1 signal and the display is just blank other than the VU meters and Coaxial In up at the top left on the LED screen.
View attachment 286412
Hi,We tested some devices and that 44.1k input was normal. Which model of Rotel CD player are you using?
And did you tried 44.1k on your "Parks Puffin Phono DSP" device?
coazial.jpg

Elephen

Forum Donor
Here’s my electronics wishlist. (1) Every AVP and AVR will have a USB-B input; and (2) every 2-channel receiver will have an HDMI eARC input.

C. Cook

Hi,We tested some devices and that 44.1k input was normal. Which model of Rotel CD player are you using?
And did you tried 44.1k on your "Parks Puffin Phono DSP" device?
View attachment 286451
Thanks and I used the sockpuppet account (Paco) that I had my co-worker create on your forums to reply just a few minutes ago. I had several issues doing that reply too, as it kept telling me I was posting spam or something like that. Example: Tried to link to the service and operation manuals of the CD player, then had to remove quotes from a parenthetical aside before your forum platform would let my comments/edits go through. Long story short for the rest of the ASR community that might be reading this is that I was able to get an Oppo UDP-105 (or whatever the designator is, BDP?) to work fine with the Eversolo streamer using the 44.1kHz digital audio coaxial circuit, so it's an issue specific to either the Rotel (admittedly an older model, but one that works with everything else) or the specific protocol they're using in their digital coaxial PCM output.

Sigh....Long story short is that it's not an issue I'm really caught up on investigating any further as far as my personal satisfaction with the Eversolo - which is a damn nice piece of equipment, let me tell you - but you guys at Eversolo might want to investigate further. I'd certainly be interested in what exactly is going on. Feel free to DM or email me any time for more information.

TL/DR: Nothing for any prospective Eversolo customers to worry about. This is an issue unique to a particular mfg./model and I'm super happy with the quality of the DMP-A6, the amazingly easy to navigate and connect interface, and the quality of the sound, even compared to my beloved RME DAC that has now been replaced in this room. And it looks realllly nice too.
ddc90bd3-c778-4065-9f3a-331452ca1c71.jpg

Last edited:

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I know some of you have not received the device yet, but,but.. we will release a new firmware for DMP-A6,
Some of the features and improvements came from feedback from some people in this community, those who received the device first. Thank you.
The following is the changes list of its updates, which should be pushed within a few days.

system
1. SSD support up to 4TB
2. Fixed the issue of individual DSD audio file can not playback.
3. Fixed the volume passthrough mode can not be saved while restart device
4. delete the failed files while files copy failures,
5. File manager added .m3u file playback
6. Fix the issue of clock screensavers not displaying in 24-hour format
7. Optimize VU meter display
8. Added a option for XLR/RC hybrid output
9. Fix the issue of occasional lost 200ms at start playback

CD
1. Optimize CD album information scrape
2. Added manually add album cover for CD Ripper
3. Adde writing ID3 metadata for CD Ripper
4. Optimize information editing function for CD Ripper
5. Fix the issue of Ripper's default serial number is wrong.

Music Library
1. Add track information edit function
2. Add artist edit and manual avatar replacement function
3. Add album edit and manual album cover replacement function
4. Long titles will have a moving effect at playback interface
5. Optimize the display of playlist titles
6. Optimize artist details to display album interface by default
7. Added dynamic display function of navigation bar
8. Added custom the menu item in library settings.
9. Added show the album images at UPnP folder list
10. Fix the issue of incorrect shows the album images while playplack in UPnP
11. Optimized the issue of slow loading of album images in the playback interface

Settings
1. Added volume limit option
2. Added some default startup volume settings
3. Optimize some interface

Before the official release of DMP-A6, we had developed it for three years and released over a hundred versions internally. Some of you should have noticed that it handles a lot of details and has a very high level of completion.
It is about system development and optimization, audio decoding, hardware optimization, streaming media development and authentication, APP development and iteration, and continuous improvement of user experience.
It really consumes a lot of our cost investment and energy. But this is just the beginning, and the continuous improvement of user experience is our final goal.

Some other news:
Some people have feedback that they need a remote control, so we will release a Bluetooth remote control, which is an optional option and requires additional purchase.
remote.jpg
remote1.jpg

The iPad's landscape control app should be released within a month.
音乐服务.jpg

And many people are still concerned about the purchase issue. Just a few hours ago, Our Amazon US store replenished its second batch of inventory, but it quickly sold out again. The third batch of inventory replenishment should be around June 10th. This product has received more attention than we imagined. So, please forgive that it requires a production process.
Some users in Europe and Southeast Asia can contact [email protected] Ask the dealer in your location, and I believe they have some units on the way:)

Last edited:

Korvenwin

GREAT NEWS!!!. As one of the early adopters, I can confirm that the product is much more polished than other products at initial release. This include the mobile app.

If you continue to hear the community, you will get one of the best streamer in the market.

TheRealGru

Posted this on the one of the FB audio groups, too:

I received mine 2 days ago. EverSolo DMP-A6 is a fantastic unit. Do I think there is better stuff out there? For sure, and I heard it. Are any of the other options costing only $850? HELL NO!! It is hard to beat this unit for the money. I wish i could read what’s playing on its screen 12 feet away from it ;) and that the app (while rock solid) was more robust and had more features. That can be done in later versions though. All in all, my system now sounds really good, for now ;)

FYI. Already 3 of the issues I had noticed are getting fixed in the list above. Amazing.

Arcticpollen

Some other news:
Some people have feedback that they need a remote control, so we will release a Bluetooth remote control, which is an optional option and requires additional purchase.
Can I cheekily ask whether authorised dealers who have already supplied DMP-A6 units will be able to get the remote control units for existing owners at a beneficial discount?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Until five minutes ago I didn’t know there was going to be a remote, I will ask Misue to include some, @ TherealGRU with all respect you won’t have heard better than this, other manufacturers marketing might lead you to think you have heard better as might your own imagination, but transparent is transparent, see A’s measurements.
Keith

HoweSound

Sorry, I was unclear. I’m asking in practical terms, rather than “should I use a sub” terms.

The steamer only has a stereo output. XLR and RCA don’t function simultaneously. I’d like to get signal to a stereo amp as well as to a sub. Essentially, I need to split signal to get audio both places. What method do folks around here suggest to get that done?
I'm waiting for my unit to arrive - looks like it will be June. My integrated amp has XLR inputs and pre-out which I use to feed my sub-woofer. I intend to upgrade to a class D, prob Hypex Nilai soon and was hoping to use the Eversolo as my pre-amp. The manual specifications, under analogue output says "XLR (balanced) + RCA (pre-output)". If that is not the case then I will have to buy a pre-amp. Considering Schiit Freya S, or Topping Pre90. Any others to consider in that price bracket?

Does the future firmware update resolve this problem?

Top Bottom