• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 5.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 28.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 327 65.1%

• Total voters

U46dj

Hello
I have a yamaha wcx50 streamer and an RME ADI 2 FS dac.
I would like to replace my streamer to upgrade to this DMP A6.
Do you think:
- that this choice is judicious?
- that I could do without my RME dac, (not to mention the dsp part and the headphone output) in comparison to the sound quality RME vs DMP A6?
thanks

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello
I have a yamaha wcx50 streamer and an RME ADI 2 FS dac.
I would like to replace my streamer to upgrade to this DMP A6.
Do you think:
- that this choice is judicious?
- that I could do without my RME dac, (not to mention the dsp part and the headphone output) in comparison to the sound quality RME vs DMP A6?
thanks
Why do you think that it would be an upgrade?

C. Cook

Got notice that my pre-order was "despatched" today and a tracking number on FedEx. Still hasn't been picked up yet. Wonder if units shipping now have the new firmware.

Scoobz1

Just upgrading my stero system after 25 years (I kid you not) and have taken delivery of an EverSolo DMP A6 and a Nord-one-mp-nc502 3 channel power-amplifier (precise amp here: Nord Amp https://nordacoustics.co.uk/product/nord-one-mp-nc502-2-4ch-multi-channel-power-amplifier/).

Some questions if I may:

Could I connect the DMP A6 up to the power amp directly (no pre-amp) ?
What would best the best way of hooking the two up ?
Would it sound okay?
Are there any pitfalls to be aware of, or reasobaly priced, better alternatives available (£200-£300) ?

Just for info and, in case it has a bearing on the last question above, I am matching the DMP A6 and Nord MP NC502 to a pair of Revel M16s and may add a sub woofer if I don't have enough bass (hence the 3rd channel).

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreicated.

Thank you

Scoobz

Last edited:

C. Cook

Could I connect the DMP A6 up to the power amp directly (no pre-amp) ?
I would hope so. That's what I plan to do by way of the XLR analog outs. It has a dedicated pre-amp ckt. and a volume knob, so yes you can. Just use one of the analog outs and make sure the volume setting is "variable." I think it has RCA as well.

multisport4me

Got notice that my pre-order was "despatched" today and a tracking number on FedEx. Still hasn't been picked up yet. Wonder if units shipping now have the new firmware.

Same here. They used a broker to collect them up so they may not scan in until tomorrow. But its on the way.

...and the Brits were spelling dispatch "despatch" long before we were spelling it "dispatch. :) Our Brits friends up here can comment further but I believe it is considered an old way of spelling it. Dunno. I tend to default to the English about speaking English.

C. Cook

Same here. They used a broker to collect them up so they may not scan in until tomorrow. But its on the way.

...and the Brits were spelling dispatch "despatch" long before we were spelling it "dispatch. :) Our Brits friends up here can comment further but I believe it is considered an old way of spelling it. Dunno. I tend to default to the English about speaking English.
I had originally assumed it was generated by someone in China as I've bought many things direct from there before and they tend to go with the British English spelling. I was under the impression that these Eversolo units shipped directly from China after you made the order from the GB broker/retailer, but I may have been wrong. I'll see what the tracking system says tomorrow - and yeah in the past when coming from China it was never Fedex, but DHL, so these probably are coming from GB.

P.S. I had to look it up:

What is despatch vs dispatch?
It is common for us, when we have two words for the same thing, to make one mean something slightly different from the other. So dispatch becomes the noun meaning 'speed and energy' and despatch becomes the verb meaning 'to send off with speed and energy'.

Reactions: pjn

multisport4me

I had originally assumed it was generated by someone in China as I've bought many things direct from there before and they tend to go with the British English spelling. I was under the impression that these Eversolo units shipped directly from China after you made the order from the GB broker/retailer, but I may have been wrong. I'll see what the tracking system says tomorrow - and yeah in the past when coming from China it was never Fedex, but DHL, so these probably are coming from GB.

P.S. I had to look it up:

What is despatch vs dispatch?
It is common for us, when we have two words for the same thing, to make one mean something slightly different from the other. So dispatch becomes the noun meaning 'speed and energy' and despatch becomes the verb meaning 'to send off with speed and energy'.
Oh its coming from GB. Trust me, I tried to get mine drop-shipped to me instead of it being shipped to GB then to me in NY and that was a no-go. I was told to expect mine by Thurs/Friday but I don't see that as all that likely - more like early next week. Fedex and the broker are welcome to surprise me. :)

C. Cook

Oh its coming from GB. Trust me, I tried to get mine drop-shipped to me instead of it being shipped to GB then to me in NY and that was a no-go. I was told to expect mine by Thurs/Friday but I don't see that as all that likely - more like early next week. Fedex and the broker are welcome to surprise me. :)
Here's what Fedex says: From SALE, CH GB - so there's China and Great Britain. Pretty confusing.

multisport4me

Here's what Fedex says: From SALE, CH GB - so there's China and Great Britain. Pretty confusing.

If you have a Fedex account and log in you'll see the whole address. Postal code M333WB seems to match up, albeit, I'm not sure what CH is. I don't think it means China though. Here is what mine says when logged in:

SDHDIGITAL LTD

UNIT 6, SALE FC RUGBY STADIUM HEYWOOD ROAD
SALE, CH GB M333WB

miketeachesclass

Forum Donor
At the risk of being obtuse, how would you (anyone) suggest utilizing a subwoofer with this, along with something like a hypex or purifi amplifier? Passive splitter? Active distribution amp?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You would choose to use a sub woofer depending upon the extension of your loudspeakers, the DMP is just the source dac and volume attenuator.
Keith

shauny

If you have a Fedex account and log in you'll see the whole address. Postal code M333WB seems to match up, albeit, I'm not sure what CH is. I don't think it means China though. Here is what mine says when logged in:

SDHDIGITAL LTD

UNIT 6, SALE FC RUGBY STADIUM HEYWOOD ROAD
SALE, CH GB M333WB
It could be CH for Cheshire, the county that Sale is often classed as being in (although I believe it’s actually in Greater Manchester now).

miketeachesclass

Forum Donor
You would choose to use a sub woofer depending upon the extension of your loudspeakers, the DMP is just the source dac and volume attenuator.
Keith
Sorry, I was unclear. I’m asking in practical terms, rather than “should I use a sub” terms.

The steamer only has a stereo output. XLR and RCA don’t function simultaneously. I’d like to get signal to a stereo amp as well as to a sub. Essentially, I need to split signal to get audio both places. What method do folks around here suggest to get that done?

multisport4me

It could be CH for Cheshire, the county that Sale is often classed as being in (although I believe it’s actually in Greater Manchester now).

That makes sense. I lived in the UK for three years but never made it to Manchester. The postal codes and addresses always confused me though no matter where I lived on that island. lol

My DMP-A6 now shows a Friday May 19 delivery via Fedex. Now waiting for that Master to ship from Audiophonics....they are not as open with info as Futeko has been.

multisport4me

That makes sense. I lived in the UK for three years but never made it to Manchester. The postal codes and addresses always confused me though no matter where I lived on that island. lol

My DMP-A6 now shows a Friday May 19 delivery via Fedex. Now waiting for that Master to ship from Audiophonics....they are not as open with info as Futeko has been.

Well sometimes its worthwhile to put my foot in my mouth....Audiophonics shipped my Master version via UPS and that is also showing as a Friday May 19 delivery! So what a fun weekend I could have.

Korvenwin

A comment to my dealer from Zidoo:

"Habrá un control remoto para el DMP-A6 ya que también recibimos muchos comentarios y solicitudes", what translated to english means that there will be a remote control for DMP-A6 based on users demand. ;)

dima_pro

Sorry, I was unclear. I’m asking in practical terms, rather than “should I use a sub” terms.

The steamer only has a stereo output. XLR and RCA don’t function simultaneously. I’d like to get signal to a stereo amp as well as to a sub. Essentially, I need to split signal to get audio both places. What method do folks around here suggest to get that done?
I have the same problem. I ideally want also have Digital output to run simultaniously as well.
My solution: to get a headphone/line amplifier like Topping A70 Pro. This could split/run multiple outs.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There are XLR to twin XLR splitter cables available Van Damme for example .
Keith

Top Bottom