• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 5.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 28.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 327 65.1%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks, I get the point, but was also concerned about the issue some noticed, that you might burn off your speakers since the volume itself on dacs can turn up 100%?
That remains a risk.

multisport4me

Have you received a reply to your question?

The best I can find is the same information from Audiophonics that you provided a link to - which does not seem to "live up to" the price premium for the Master edition!!!

Some gold details on the case
2 ACCUSILICON FEMTOSECOND oscillators with noise reduction and improved jitter
OPA1612 with ultra-low noise and low distortion 1KHz 0.000015%

Does this really add up to the premium of €440 or so ???

Nothing about the Master edition at https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DMP-A6/target/7abWHw++oHhKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Ed Shelley has given a positive but subjective review https://www.avforums.com/reviews/zidoo-eversolo-dmp-a6-zidoo.20790/ - no measurements.

If the DMP 6 really is as good as the reviews it is on my wish list unless anyone can recommend something similar that is better value for money, as good-looking, and in a single box.

Does it add up to €440 in terms of the cost of the components used to create a "Master" version? Of course not. However, I personally try not to exclusively focus on the BOM cost when determining the value of AV gear as there are many factors that go into pricing and the value I feel it provides for that price. In this case, had Eversolo brought this thing to market with the "Master" components - and we never even knew about the regular $850 version - the price of $1200 would still be a heck of an attractive price when compared to competitors. Very attractive. Frankly, I think they priced it too low as I'm certain they don't have a good enough margin stack to be attractive enough to grow a dealer network, if that is what they're trying to do with this Eversolo brand.

BTW - I am still skeptical the Master version will ever even ship. I hope it does since I paid for it but something tells me this Master thing was a good idea to someone....until it wasn't...when they realized it could canabalize other products they sell. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it performs as well as the Z8 as a DAC. Coupled with a killer streamer and Roon player this could be a 2023 AV Product of the Year nominee.

multisport4me

That remains a risk.

Potentially good news. Eversolo support just told me "IR sensor has been built in A6, I have forwarded the remotes requirement to our team, thanks for your suggestion."

Even if they don't ship a remote with it, the fact that an IR sensor is built in could mean an optional remote is possible.

sfphoto

Potentially good news. Eversolo support just told me "IR sensor has been built in A6, I have forwarded the remotes requirement to our team, thanks for your suggestion."

Even if they don't ship a remote with it, the fact that an IR sensor is built in could mean an optional remote is possible.

...and the FCC photos show a remote control.

1683528074586.png

paulri

It's literally the same remote as the Z8. I wonder why they decided not to include a remote then? Beyond weird. Hopefully Amir's review helps them to pull their head out and include it again.
They look to be quite mysterious about the specs. But in the end any positive info works in favor of the purchase and the remote really counts.

multisport4me

lack of remote will be a dealbreaker for many

As long as they make one available, I'm willing to buy it as an option because I want my unit I preordered and aren't going to hold that up to wait for a $2 remote be stuck in the box. I think it would be classy to include it if they can easily sort the packaging details and test/confirm the remote works, but near term, I hope they ship and get units into the market now and deal with the remote and how to make it available later.

Abe_W

Thanks for the review.
Interesting product.

I love the VU meters :)

Add a DSP with EQ, tone control and Dirac and you have a perfect product...
Is there any DSP inside ?
?! Get a AV PRE PRO. Do you know of the existence of such devices?? It does everything you want it to do and a whole lot more!

Get the right tools for the right job.

Burki

As long as they make one available, I'm willing to buy it as an option because I want my unit I preordered and aren't going to hold that up to wait for a $2 remote be stuck in the box. I think it would be classy to include it if they can easily sort the packaging details and test/confirm the remote works, but near term, I hope they ship and get units into the market now and deal with the remote and how to make it available later.
I only need the IR codes and not an additional remote.
Also you can use (as I've written before) a bluetooth remote or (hopefully) IP control, which should implemented like in the other zidoo devices.
This I'll test after I've got my eversolo...

multisport4me

?! Get a AV PRE PRO. Do you know of the existence of such devices?? It does everything you want it to do and a whole lot more!

Get the right tools for the right job.

Yea, I don't get the Dirac thing at all. Does any 2-channel purist use room correction on their speakers? I just doubt it. Which leaves those of us with AVP/AVRs and they have room correction already. Additionally, Roon gives me EQ and plenty of control that I don't need in this DMP-A6 even if I were a 2-channel purist. And if that doesn't work, my AVP gives me plenty of more control above and beyond what Roon offers.

HoweSound

The review and comments convinced me. I ordered one from Altitudo Audio, a Canadian outlet - $1,299 cdn with free shipping.

The master edition is $1,999 cdn: I don't see $700 worth of difference.

Currently I have a Volumio Raspberry Pi with SSD. not crazy about the Volumio update process. I will swap my SSD into the new unit. Fingers crossed no buyer's remorse.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Congrats, you're officially a unicorn. :) It makes you unique and special but there aren't enough of you for manufacturers to build volumes of product(s) to cater to your special requirements.
Once upon a time you were probably correct, if a loudspeaker had ‘boomy’ bass it was promptly exchanged.
Amongst the uninformed this is almost certainly the case but the situation has changed and I expect every contributor here understands the value of EQ taming standing wave derived bass reinforcement.
Many contemporary active loudspeaker designs now have built in peq and if they don’t they should.
Keith

Top Bottom