• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is this possible with Android OS? I have read that Android resamples from 44.1 kHz to 48 kHz.
This device has implemented its own bit-exact pipeline for audio in Android. No way it could get the results I showed in the review with Android pipeline.

multisport4me

This device has implemented its own bit-exact pipeline for audio in Android. No way it could get the results I showed in the review with Android pipeline.
They did indeed.

1683342974404.png

rudy

no i2s output is a deal breaker for me. need a streamer only for the Pontus 2?

multisport4me

Any comments using the device strait into a power amp?

Other than, of course, you can do that. It has a volume knob. Just connect via unbalanced or balanced out to your amplifier. If you mean, does anyone have any experience with that - I doubt it since nobody has received their preorders yet.

Last edited:

Redwine

Other than, of course, you can do that. It has a volume knob. Just connect vua unbalanced or balanced out to your amplifier. If you mean, does anyone have any experience with that - I doubt it since nobody has received their preorders yet.
My thought was as well, if all then could be controlled from Roon app, if that’s the software, you use.

eXlero

Isn't that just a different view of Topping's upcoming D70 Pro DAC and matching headphone amp?
checked their previous tweets and you might just be right :)

Burki

So, yesterday I've also ordered one item and it should delivered next week.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Any comments using the device strait into a power amp?
Of course you can do that but personally I like to have a real remote then as if the unit is too loud, I want to be able to quickly turn down the volume. Messing with pulling an app out could me I go deaf before i manage to do that! Of course, if you are using it near-field on a desktop, then it is not an issue. I do that all the time with my RME ADI-2 Pro.

wav3form

Not sure if it's been posted yet but there's a "Master" version of this unit. An upgraded version.

EVERSOLO DMP-A6 MASTER EDITION​

Clock System
2 ACCUSILICON FEMTOSECOND oscillators with noise reduction and improved jitter (original has 2 high precision crystal oscillators)

OPA Chips

OPA1612 with ultra-low noise and low distortion 1KHz 0.000015% (original has OPA1642)

Just spreading the news, I have no affiliation with the link or Eversolo. I'm still likely going to get one unless iFi comes out with an updated Zen Stream soon.

multisport4me

Not sure if it's been posted yet but there's a "Master" version of this unit. An upgraded version.

EVERSOLO DMP-A6 MASTER EDITION​

Clock System
2 ACCUSILICON FEMTOSECOND oscillators with noise reduction and improved jitter (original has 2 high precision crystal oscillators)

OPA Chips

OPA1612 with ultra-low noise and low distortion 1KHz 0.000015% (original has OPA1642)

Just spreading the news, I have no affiliation with the link or Eversolo. I'm still likely going to get one unless iFi comes out with an updated Zen Stream soon.

Yea, I have one on order. Supposedly there are very few being made and information about it is inconsistent from dealer to dealer. Audiophonics is the only one I've seen selling it. I really like the OPA1642 in the Z8 so if the use of it in the Master vs. the OPA1642 brings it a little closer to Z8 DAC performance, I figure its still a very nice piece of kit for a third of the price of some of the high-end streamers out there.

Redwine

Of course you can do that but personally I like to have a real remote then as if the unit is too loud, I want to be able to quickly turn down the volume. Messing with pulling an app out could me I go deaf before i manage to do that! Of course, if you are using it near-field on a desktop, then it is not an issue. I do that all the time with my RME ADI-2 Pro.
Thanks, I get the point, but was also concerned about the issue some noticed, that you might burn off your speakers since the volume itself on dacs can turn up 100%?

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

XanderzDad

Some screenshots

Device side:
library1.png-to800px

library2.png-to800px

library3.png-to800px

play1.png-to800px

play2.png-to800px

play3.png-to800px

play4.png-to800px

service1.png-to800px

service2.png-to800px

service3.png-to800px

settings.png-to800px

tidal1.png-to800px

tidal2.png-to800px

amazon.png-to800px

amazon1.png-to800px

amazon3.png-to800px

applemusic.png-to800px

applemusic2.png-to800px

appmusic1.png-to800px

iPad side: will be available in May
ipad.jpg-to800px

iPhone side:
remote1.jpg-to800px

remote10.jpg-to800px

remote11.jpg-to800px

remote12.jpg-to800px

remote13.jpg-to800px

remote14.jpg-to800px

remote2.jpg-to800px

remote3.jpg-to800px

remote4.jpg-to800px

remote5.jpg-to800px

remote6.jpg-to800px

remote7.jpg-to800px

remote8.jpg-to800px

remote9.jpg-to800px

And Android mobile side is also applicable as it has been released on Google Play.

You can remotely control third-party applications such as Apple music via the CAST function on the Remote app(screen mirror)
Are you able to test if you can load the Radio Paradise App and stream in FLAC quality? Thank you

Reactions: CMB

Fleuch

Excellent product this market and really disconcerting!!!
On the other hand, I do not really understand what proposed the version "Master Edition" to sell it 500 euros more ?? or at least that it is justified ?

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/streamers/eversolo-dmp-a6-master-edition-streamer-2xes9038q2m-wifi-dlna-airplay-2-roon-bluetooth-50-aptx-hd-32bit-768khz-dsd512-mqa-p-17647.html?search_query=EVERSOLO MASTER EDITION&fast_search=fs
Have you received a reply to your question?

The best I can find is the same information from Audiophonics that you provided a link to - which does not seem to "live up to" the price premium for the Master edition!!!

Some gold details on the case
2 ACCUSILICON FEMTOSECOND oscillators with noise reduction and improved jitter
OPA1612 with ultra-low noise and low distortion 1KHz 0.000015%

Does this really add up to the premium of €440 or so ???

Nothing about the Master edition at https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DMP-A6/target/7abWHw++oHhKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Ed Shelley has given a positive but subjective review https://www.avforums.com/reviews/zidoo-eversolo-dmp-a6-zidoo.20790/ - no measurements.

If the DMP 6 really is as good as the reviews it is on my wish list unless anyone can recommend something similar that is better value for money, as good-looking, and in a single box.

dustinyo

I think I'll have to bite the bullet on this when it becomes available, this just seems like too good of a value. My only wish would be for a silver chassis option to match the rest of my setup, has there been any word on whether that will be an option or not?

Also, does this have power trigger interface of any kind? I'd be pairing it with a Topping A90D, which has a 12v power trigger through a 3.5" jack, but it doesn't seem like this has anything like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom