• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 339 65.8%

• Total voters

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Yamaha spring to mind, it would compliment their top end audio amps which don't have DACs or streaming facilities.... although some do have VU meters. It could be the next iteration of their WXAD-50
Guess you mist most of R-N line of which R-N803/R-N803D whose a sweet spot (still is if you can find it) or top end R-N2000A with real VU meters and a bit unrealistic price of 4K $/€.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the review.
Interesting product.

I love the VU meters :)

Add a DSP with EQ, tone control and Dirac and you have a perfect product...
Is there any DSP inside ?
+ 0.95 :D

I like this product a lot. Not enough to replace an AVR in a my system but.. If they were to come with a product, with similar aesthetics and performance levels but with :
1) DSP/DRC Audyssey-like or Dirac with DLBC...
2) EQ with Adaptive loudness
3) Subwoofers outputs (2 at least)
4) Analog inputs
5) Digital inputs?

I believe they'd have the perfect product, for me at least :)

Dream product, maybe. I believe such features would answer many prayers. I also understand that would come at a cost.

Peace.

Last edited:

Petevid

Guess you mist most of R-N line of which R-N803/R-N803D whose a sweet spot (still is if you can find it) or top end R-N2000A with real VU meters and a bit unrealistic price of 4K $/€.
I had in mind the Yamaha A-S range 1200, 2200 and 3200.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Well SoC is RK3568 (4x A55) and far from Broadcom BCM2711 (Pi 4) regarding CPU performance but at least should have mainline Linux support (so it could be a long time working solution), and not by any mean new or advanced (cheap basic TV box SoC). While 4x Cortex A55 aren't enough for some audio tasks (PCM to DSD conversation on the fly) it's more than enough for PEQ or even room correction. We will see how much time and effort they will devote to software development and if it will go into right direction. I don't expect miracles and hope (no high hopes really) they did concept it on Linux and not Android and that three will be development and into right direction.
For now it's wait and see if you ask me.

CMB

Doesn't have any DSP unfortunately; It's a streamer/DAC/preamp.
You can use Roon for DSP/EQ.
Well, should be fine/ok if you have for instance active speakers with their own on-board DSP.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I had in mind the Yamaha A-S range 1200, 2200 and 3200.
R-N 2000A is based on A-S 1200 regarding power amplifier part if I am not mistaken but really much too expensive and bit ugly in silver color because of black lower molding.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OK thanks for clarifying. An HDMI output is an interesting feature for AVR users.

It would have been more interesting, even a real winner if it has 3 channel, the 3rd one with bass management. I wonder how long would it take before someone comes up with one that allows for the use of a sub channel (not just subout) with bass management (even just crossover and phase controls).

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
It would have been more interesting, even a real winner if it has 3 channel, the 3rd one with bass management. I wonder how long would it take before someone comes up with one that allows for the use of a sub channel (not just subout) with bass management (even just crossover and phase controls).
HDMI out support multi-channel DSD64 native and multi-channel D2P(Up to 192Khz) 5.1

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You are fast! I made the edit that it is output (it is not IIS).
I'm still not sure what you meant after the edit?

Note inclusion of HDMI input including support for proper clocking. Company's expertise in video products comes to play here. I do wish that was for input though as opposed to output.

Open Mind Audio

Streamer + DAC = Future
A good reminder of what a pioneering company Sonos was (they are less so today), having introduced their highly reliable multi-room streamer-DAC in 2005/2006. I was an early adopter and big fan back then, until I made the switch to high-res streaming, where Sonos has fallen short now for many years.

TheWalkman

Mac Mini M2 is only $499. Can your Raspberry PI compete with it?
You bet. I’m fronting my Audiophonics Purifi amp (and Topping Dac) from a $15 PiZero2W running Volumio and it rocks. A Mac Mini will work but it’s a major overkill and uses around 20 times the power as my Pi.

(And for the record, I’m a 40 year Apple user.)

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It’s a review of a streamer, but other than Room support the review doesn’t cover UI and supported apps ?

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Some screenshots

Device side:
library1.png-to800px

library2.png-to800px

library3.png-to800px

play1.png-to800px

play2.png-to800px

play3.png-to800px

play4.png-to800px

service1.png-to800px

service2.png-to800px

service3.png-to800px

settings.png-to800px

tidal1.png-to800px

tidal2.png-to800px

amazon.png-to800px

amazon1.png-to800px

amazon3.png-to800px

applemusic.png-to800px

applemusic2.png-to800px

appmusic1.png-to800px

iPad side: will be available in May
ipad.jpg-to800px

iPhone side:
remote1.jpg-to800px

remote10.jpg-to800px

remote11.jpg-to800px

remote12.jpg-to800px

remote13.jpg-to800px

remote14.jpg-to800px

remote2.jpg-to800px

remote3.jpg-to800px

remote4.jpg-to800px

remote5.jpg-to800px

remote6.jpg-to800px

remote7.jpg-to800px

remote8.jpg-to800px

remote9.jpg-to800px

And Android mobile side is also applicable as it has been released on Google Play.

You can remotely control third-party applications such as Apple music via the CAST function on the Remote app(screen mirror)

Last edited:

roog

Forum Donor
This is a review and detailed measurements of the Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer and balanced DAC. It was sent to me by the company. I don't have the price but see it on sale for US $850.
ES.JPG

The DMP-A6 design is absolutely gorgeous. A large, high contrast LCD allows it to show realistic visualizations like the above VU meter. N
Now that does look nice. At first glace i thought it might be a good looking class d power amp.
Hey that's what Eversolo need to do next, a matching integrated/power amp, if it were to match the performance of its DACs I'd be interested.

CMB

Gosh - this looks good. Shhhhhh

Anyone know if :
- Digital out on xlr?
- Volume control on digital out xlr?
(To connect directly to Genelecs ones)

PeteL

Major Contributor
+ 0.95 :D

I like this product a lot. Not enough to replace an AVR in a my system but.. If they were to come with a product, with similar aesthetics and performance levels but with :
1) DSP/DRC Audyssey-like or Dirac with DLBC...
2) EQ with Adaptive loudness
3) Subwoofers outputs (2 at least)
4) Analog inputs
5) Digital inputs?

I believe they'd have the perfect product, for me at least :)

Dream product, maybe. I believe such features would answer many prayers. I also understand that would come at a cost.

Peace.
There you go:

I know you did not ask for amplification, but hey trust me that's a quite useful feature too. ;-)

MaadScience

This would almost be the perfect front end for an a/v system, but no ir remote control capability is a dealbreaker for me. I’ll stick with the matrix audio mini pro 3 for now.

AaronJ

I think this looks sweet. I’ve been considering consolidating my digital front end which is a 3 box solution (Apple TV 2nd Gen streaming to Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100, with a small attenuator after it to level match with my analog front end).

As far as I’ve been able to tell this is the first streamer/DAC combo in this small form factor that also has the full suite of digital inputs. Bluesound Node is close but only has toslink input instead of the coaxial I’d need for my cd player. Size is the key since I don’t want a full size box like a CXN V2, and don’t want to spend more than $1000 when the time comes to make the investment.

Definitely adding this to my short list.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Lacks HDMI in, which IMO is a huge mistake. Otherwise looks quite good.

Top Bottom