• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 5.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 28.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 327 65.1%

• Total voters

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For starters, you are stating something as fact that is subjective. One feature that has intrigued many thus far is Eversolo's ability to bring in Apple Music at full Hi-Res Lossless, bypassing the resolution limitations of airplay with Bluesound.
As @amirm stated in his review of the Node 2i if one bypasses the onboard DAC it is perfect 1's and 0's so one cannot improve on that. That is NOT subjective. It will then depend on the DAC chosen.

Gary4321

I am trying to connect an external Hard drive to the Eversolo via USB C- I plug it in, go to Source and Select USC-C in, but cannot get to see the drive.
any tips?

dakchi

As @amirm stated in his review of the Node 2i if one bypasses the onboard DAC it is perfect 1's and 0's so one cannot improve on that. That is NOT subjective. It will then depend on the DAC chosen.
I'm sorry but I disagree with you. I used Bluesound with an external DAC and then replaced Bluesound by Ifi Zen Stream and I had a huge improvement in sound (sounstage much better, much cleaner bass, much better treble...). It is not 0s and 1s, otherwise all streamers would sound the same

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I am sorry (and feel dumb) but then what? I cannot select the USB as my Source for input. I cannot seem to read the drive thru the A6
Connect the drive to USB otg port, Go to "Apps - CD",If the CD drive is compatible, you will see a track list

Werther44210

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. I used Bluesound with an external DAC and then replaced Bluesound by Ifi Zen Stream and I had a huge improvement in sound (sounstage much better, much cleaner bass, much better treble...). It is not 0s and 1s, otherwise all streamers would sound the same
I'm looking at your exchanges on the Node, I had a Node 2021, in terms of musical reproduction, with a good quality external DAC, I used a coaxial USB connection with the DAC of my Denon PMA 110 (4 Burr chips Brown 1795), the result is quite good, the DAC of the Node is average (savings by BlueSound on the DAC used). Its second flaw is a minimalist power supply, some put a better power supply to improve the performance of the Node as well. It is a minimalist device compared to what Eversolo offers, otherwise its application is reliable and open to all online streaming sites. They recently released a limited edition Node X with a better DAC, an ESS Saber 9028Q2, price up, comparable to the EverSolo.
Last year, wanting a complete DAC solution that was sufficient and a more complete streamer and upgrader, I replaced it with a Rose RS 250, the EverSolo offer did not exist...

D

Deleted member 62535

Can DMP A6 do the first unfold of MQA stream/file and send it to an external DAC (non MQA) ? Anyone try ?

gpusavat

Connect the drive to USB otg port, Go to "Apps - CD",If the CD drive is compatible, you will see a track list
I have problems with CD drives I connect, one is a Panasonic ext DVD, the other a generic DVD writer. The Apps-Cd keeps showing No CD even though there is one. Where can I find the list of compatible CD Drives? Thank you.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Can DMP A6 do the first unfold of MQA stream/file and send it to an external DAC (non MQA) ? Anyone try ?
MQA is dead. Tidal is moving over to FLAC.

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

That is what they do do they not ?

Since you are new here, I would like you to give you hint about what this forum is about.
It is about science.
As such there is a thing to remember : "If it cannot be measured, it cannot be heard".
If you disagree with this, you will probably won't find any support here.
Unless of course, you can provide proof that the difference exists, despite the fact it cannot be measured... which will be difficult. Basically, that will require : 1°) a nice set-up with exact level matching ; 2°) answers that are at least ALMOST ALWAYS correct when saying if you're listening to device A, B or... C :)

Mind you, no one will claim that you do not "hear" the difference. But you will have to admit that this may be placebo...
This is called here "psycho acoustics".
And everyone in here will admit that you may think you hear a difference.
But my advice would be not to come with claims that the sound of this device is BETTER than the sound of this other device, if the numbers tell a different story.
That will only attract some not so nice answers.
But if you say that, despite the numbers, you like what you hear when played through this device better than what you hear when listening to this other device, no one will tell otherwise.
Even if there is, objectively, probably, no audible difference.

Of, course, feel free to do what you want. This just an advice... I am no moderator in here :)

Last edited:

PenguinMusic

I'm looking at your exchanges on the Node, I had a Node 2021, in terms of musical reproduction, with a good quality external DAC, I used a coaxial USB connection with the DAC of my Denon PMA 110 (4 Burr chips Brown 1795), the result is quite good, the DAC of the Node is average (savings by BlueSound on the DAC used). Its second flaw is a minimalist power supply, some put a better power supply to improve the performance of the Node as well. It is a minimalist device compared to what Eversolo offers, otherwise its application is reliable and open to all online streaming sites. They recently released a limited edition Node X with a better DAC, an ESS Saber 9028Q2, price up, comparable to the EverSolo.
Last year, wanting a complete DAC solution that was sufficient and a more complete streamer and upgrader, I replaced it with a Rose RS 250, the EverSolo offer did not exist...
Hi,

The main thing about Bluesound is the disastrous software.
Everybody rants and raves about it saying it is the best software they ever used.
I assume reviewers stating this only tested manufacturer released software and not "third party" software.

Just to mention the ridiculous things about Bluesound software/hardware : it is not DLNA/UPnP aware so you have to enter the IP address of your NAS manually.
I can do that as I am skilled enough (OK, it basic requirements) but people that have no clue (i.e. my brother in law) won't be able to use it on it's own !

And what ? A software that reindexes the whole library each time you add a new track or album, taking sometimes up to minutes to do so ?
Come on, no one does that... Emby, BubbleUPnP and Symfonium (to name a few that are FREE)) are doing some incremental indexation...

Then : no way to sort albums by "Album Artist".
Only by "Artist".
Fine...
What about people like me who own 35 versions of Beethoven's Piano concertos and would like ot have them all uner "Beethoven" and not uner "Conductor/Soloist" ?

Should I mention that albums are sorted alphabetically and no way to sort them by date ?
Sure... Who wants taht anyways. Let's skip it...

All those things are ridiculous... My Bluesound has sit in my rig for exactly 12 hours and 30 minutes before it went to ad site...

All in all, given the poor hardware and the poor software, I think the device should not be sold for more than 250€...

But comparing it to the Eversolo is, I think, comparing a device that offers nice value for money to a totally overpriced and overrated device.

Last edited:

Werther44210

Oh really ?

I thought that to be able to die, you have to live first...

Which means that you pretend that MQA has been alive at some point.
That is something I was not aware of :)
Tidal says it will leave its existing library under MQA, the new albums will be on the Qobuz type FLAC model, from 24/96 which is readable by more devices.

PenguinMusic

Tidal says it will leave its existing library under MQA, the new albums will be on the Qobuz type FLAC model, from 24/96 which is readable by more devices.
OK. So they'll pile corpses ?

Of course you understand I was ironical in my reply...

Werther44210

OK. So they'll pile corpses ?

Of course you understand I was ironical in my reply...
I was a Tidal subscriber for a year, I bought the Rose RS 250 which does MQA like Eversolo, I managed the "unfoldings" from Roon, since my main amp is not MQA, not practical, I uses Qobuz, Tidal was a try.

Top Bottom