• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 28.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 334 65.5%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
18 pages since I visited this thread, but is it correct that it doesn't come with a remote? :eek: That means you have to have either a preamp or a DAC with a preamp section in addition to this then? :oops:
They now offer a bluetooth remote and I *think* they said an IR remote also works.

Tempted, but I’d d only use it as a streamer as well - not because I expect an audible difference, but because of all of the RME ADI-2 DAC‘s additional features.

I don‘t suppose there‘s a similar product with a comparable screen, that is only a transporter?
I've got zero issues using it as transport only, as like you said the RME offers so much more then just a dac chip. Plus mines going to be used in a desktop headphone setup, so the RME is still required as headphone amp.

For a combined price of around €1700 (picked RME up for 850 open box) it should be a quality little desktop stack.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
18 pages since I visited this thread, but is it correct that it doesn't come with a remote? :eek: That means you have to have either a preamp or a DAC with a preamp section in addition to this then? :oops:
Remote on the way, and you can use their ‘app’ on your phone etc to control volume, the app
duplicates every function they call it the ‘cast’ screen.
Keith

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Remote on the way, and you can use their ‘app’ on your phone etc to control volume, the app
duplicates every function they call it the ‘cast’ screen.
Keith

Yes, I got that the app can be used, but doesn't feel perfectly fail-safe to control the volume via an app when it's connected directly to active speakers. :)

Do you know if the remote can be ordered separately or will be included in units going forward, or both?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Mirror mentioned it as an optional extra, presumably for those that already have a unit, their DAC Z-8 comes with a remote,

I have asked for clarification.
Keith

Last edited:

nawfal07

Someone mentioned how he wished that the display on the Z8 is at the center, but it’s clear that it’s designed to align with the A6 display, making it uniform in the left side when stacked. Although it would’ve been nicer if the volume knobs also align.

This is from an audio show. I should have the same stack soon.

IMG_8773.jpeg

nawfal07

In my opinion we shouldn’t be questioning what others are doing with their money, let’s just talk some audio science.

multisport4me

Yes, I got that the app can be used, but doesn't feel perfectly fail-safe to control the volume via an app when it's connected directly to active speakers. :)

Do you know if the remote can be ordered separately or will be included in units going forward, or both?
They said it will be an option.

multisport4me

Agree. I actually thought the DAC section was one of the DMP-6A strong areas and it inputs/outputs. It def beats the WiiM Pro. What I don't understand is the posts that say they will get the DMP-6A as a transport and say get a Z8 for DAC. Why? Basically your are throwing away the DMP DAC section and using likely a very similar design with just a slight chip upgrade. IMHO.

My non-reference DAC unit is from the current ESS Sabre PRO family. Now that his reference? JK. I seriously doubt I would be able to hear the difference from the DMP. non-pro ESS chip esp since it a two chip design in DMP.

What is a "reference DAC"?

What you call your DAC when you got it from Schitt Audio.
Personally I think any DAC that falls on this very lovely chart produced by Amir - after empirically measuring and testing - is a good place to start when looking for a "reference" DAC.
1685195614072.png

multisport4me

Apparently, @mirror88 needs sleep or something because he hasn't posted this up here yet. lol Looks like they are skipping 1.48 and jumping right to 1.50 in a few days:

Upcoming version:
v1.1.50

Changelogs:
From v1.1.46
1. Fixed the occasional error when playing back tracks via the NAS
2. Fixed the problem that some USB DACs could not be recognized normally
3. Adjusted the minimum analog volume to -100dB
4. Optimized the music service interface
5. Fixed the problem that the remaining capacity of the wifi transfer interface(web) was incorrect
6. Fixed the problem that the wifi transfer interface(web) would display Chinese when it was not in English
7. Optimized the display of long titles on the Roon playback interface
8. Fixed the occasional album image not being displayed on the Roon playback interface
9. Fixed the problem of occasionally applying Crash when exiting the streaming media account
10. Added the function of searching music by initial letter
11. Added album cover display in UPNP folder list
12. Fixed the problem that occasionally the VU was not restored when the music was paused
13. Fixed the problem that after exiting the VU meter interface, the information displayed in the detailed interface occasionally appeared incorrectly
14. Fixed the problem that the search interface occasionally displayed duplicate data
15. Optimized the parsing of M3U files
16. Optimized the CD playback function
17. Fixed the problem that the playlist displayed incorrectly after filtering songs
18. Fixed the problem that the third-party input method does not take effect after restarting the device
19. Fixed the problem that the album artist could not be obtained for individual music
20. Fixed the problem that the data cannot be obtained in artist details occasionally
21. Fixed the problem that the music service occasionally did not play the HiRes stream
22. CD adds EJECT function
23. Fixed the problem that SMB occasionally does not mount by default when booting
24. Fixed the problem that some third-party music software could not display the VU meter when playing
25. Add OneDrive cloud disk function (BETA)
26. Fixed the problem that the playback queue was not cleared after exiting the cloud disk
27. Added the function of adding tracks to the end of the playback queue
28. Fixed the problem that the center channel has no sound when playing PCM multi-channel occasionally

Control APP(Waiting for approval from Apple/Google)
1. Added genre category
2. After the track is screened, the playback queue displays an incorrect problem
3. Optimized the loading of artist and album pictures
4. Optimized the artist details interface
5. iPad adds the function of switching between horizontal and vertical screens
6. Fixed the problem that the collection of albums could not be cancelled.
7. Optimized the volume control of the CAST interface
8. Fixed the problem that the album cover occasionally did not appear on the playback interface
9. The album cover display is added to the UPNP folder list
10. Fixed the problem that the playlist sorting does not take effect
11. Optimized the Title display on the playback interface

Redwine

Since the DMP A6 has no trigger out and I will use it strait into an amp, that has trigger in - what kind of solutions are possible (using Roon)?

HoweSound

I have a technical question, peripherally related to the DMP A6. I'm waiting for mine to arrive, due in June. While waiting I got the upgrade bug and purchased a Hypex Nilai 500 stereo amp, now on its way to me. I plan to use the DMP as a pre-amp, although eventually I will prob get a dedicated pre-amp to handle phono input, etc. The amp has low, medium and high gain settings. According to Hypex, the amp needs 12 volts input to achieve max power at low gain and 3.8 volts at mid gain (1.9 volts at high). I think the Eversolo puts out 5 volts into balanced. does this mean I should set the amp to mid gain with the DMP?

StefanKue

Hi,
I read in other forums that it might be possible to use analog output and XLR as well together. When I go to settings I can only select one option. Would it be possible if plugged in with the specific cable?

multisport4me

Hi,
I read in other forums that it might be possible to use analog output and XLR as well together. When I go to settings I can only select one option. Would it be possible if plugged in with the specific cable?
Have you upgraded the firmware?

Gyosa1

Since the DMP A6 has no trigger out and I will use it strait into an amp, that has trigger in - what kind of solutions are possible (using Roon)?
If the USB port is unpowered when the unit is in STBY or OFF , you can make one with a USB cable - assuming the port is powered.

bk

Last edited:

multisport4me

Yes, my latest is v 1.1.46

Not sure what to make of that. I clearly see an output called XLR-RCA on mine and that was a feature added to 1.1.46. Maybe try the update again or wait for 1.1.50 coming in the next couple of days.

nawfal07

Yes, my latest is v 1.1.46

That’s strange, check the firmware version on your unit, perhaps the update wasn’t successful.

Top Bottom