• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Cepi

Hi Eversolo community, little question ... do you manage to make "squeezebox" work well on the A6 ? do you manage to find your SSD files or files ?

Stefti

Hi Team
I`ve tried to update (via USB)the A6 from 1.1.50 to 1.60 but It got stuck during the boot-up, so I`ve factory reset the unit and it prompted me to the new 1.1.80 which I did
since then I`ve lost the EQ setting on the main screen and the apps now are back to my initial (last August) settings
Do I need to update the Android version as well and how? I do that? (Android app v.1.12.35)
So the firmware is at 1.80 but the software is the old one?
Any Clue?
Or did I just brick the unit ...

Stefti

This is a discussion from the zidoo forums...

Me:
Could I have accidentally updated the A6 with the A8 firmware?

Who can know this better than you?
The machine eats everything you serve - not good and often complained about. But nothing changed. So this might be the case.
Me:
Yes ..because the updater did
I`ve updated the firmware using the 1.06
but soon after reboot, there was an update this time V1.80 so I did...nothing more
also, it doesn`t even see the added files from the CD burner
Yes I did it myself because it made me do it
now I`m left with a broken $1k streamer
Doesn't look good

Me:
I`ve burned CD images as usual (twice FLAC and WAV) one on the SSD and one in the local storage scanned both drives =0 result
Did the reset twice one`s hard and a second after the re-install of the A6 firmware
Never had any problems before
I wish I had an image(ISO) or backup
If anyone has it please let me use it
Because now it`s not longer a $1K streamer but a broken (cheap) phone

Please let me know If anyone can help
Thanks

Stefti

I`ve managed after hard and soft resets to re-install the 1.1.60 (from the USB)afterward it updates itself to the 1.80 again
scanned and found all my residual files
So far so good for now ...

GordonParet

This is a discussion from the zidoo forums...

Me:
Could I have accidentally updated the A6 with the A8 firmware?

Me:
Yes ..because the updater did
I`ve updated the firmware using the 1.06
but soon after reboot, there was an update this time V1.80 so I did...nothing more
also, it doesn`t even see the added files from the CD burner
Yes I did it myself because it made me do it
now I`m left with a broken $1k streamer
Doesn't look good

Please let me know If anyone can help
Thanks

You are trying to install an old firmware. The current firmware version for the A6 is 1.2.50.

Stefti

Yes, I did post it in the Zidoo forums and sent an inquiry to Eversolo Tech which was kind enough to respond. I explained every step I made until the unit (dmpA6) was fully functional and upgraded to v.1.2.50
If you want I`ll explain the steps I`ve taken
I`ve assumed the unit software was compromised and hoped for a replacement or some kind of software tool to reset the unit

Sorry for the late reply, and I appreciate your inquiry

The Moog

@mirror88 Any news on the next firmware update, even a beta release? I have seen no news since the beginning of March, when it was suggested that an update was a month away.

Stuj

It’s been quiet for quite a while, and its coming up to 1 year since the A6 product announcement, could there be a new product on the horizon that is drawing their attention away from this I ponder….

The Moog

It’s been quiet for quite a while, and its coming up to 1 year since the A6 product announcement, could there be a new product on the horizon that is drawing their attention away from this I ponder….
In terms of software development resource (rather than hardware design and development) I can't think of an Eversolo hi-fi product that would require more effort than a streamer, with all of the standards and third-party services that it has to play nicely with. I would also assume that this development effort would continue to be leveraged; the A6 and A8 share the same basic software with feature differences, and I would expect this to be true for any new similar products.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Given their decision to launch a gold badge version of the A-6 a ‘special edition’ A-8 wouldn’t surprise me.
With ’femtos’ .
Keith

Top Bottom