• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EverSolo DAC-Z8 USB DAC/Headphone Amp measured by Wolf

godmax

Any further experiences, @godmax ? :)
I was mainly interested in how it plays, I heard that the Z8 is slightly sharper than the M500, which is why I am most interested in this issue because they both have the same bone and the parameters are almost identical.
Even I returned my Z8 already some weeks ago, I am still convinced of that unit!
It is as good as any recent well-implemented ESS9038Pro-based DACs and has a good headphone amplifier included (that could even drive my power hungry Aeon 2 Closed very well). The VU is really nice and response quickly without delay.
One futher gripe was fixed by another firmware update after I returned my unit: "Add long press function of remote control volume key". Before that you had to press for each volume step up/down the remote button over and over ... that was annoying (and returned the unit because of that).
Since I already had two other great ESS9038Pro DACs (Gustard X26 pro and Questyle CMA Fifteen), I opted to send the Z8 back (but maybe will give it a 2nd change in the future).
Its for sure a good unit and worth to consider!

rozel

I was mainly interested in how it plays, I heard that the Z8 is slightly sharper than the M500, which is why I am most interested in this issue because they both have the same bone and the parameters are almost identical.

I have a Gustard X-16 paired with a Monolith by Monoprice THX AAA Balanced Headphone Amplifier AND a Zidoo (EverSolo) DAC-Z8 with inbuilt headphone amp. Without being able to undertake an unsubjective comparison I would say that I enjoy the sounds eminating from the Z8 better than the X-16. The Z8 is my preferred DAC.

Just wish @amirm could lay his hands on a Z8 and do his usual thing on it, so we can compare with other DACS. May I ask if this could be done please?

Veri

Master Contributor
Just wish @amirm could lay his hands on a Z8 and do his usual thing on it, so we can compare with other DACS. May I ask if this could be done please?
As always. Can you lend him yours? Or will someone buy and send Amir one for testing? Or will you contact Eversolo or a retailer like Shenzhenaudio and ask if they can get Amir a sample? Otherwise it unlikely it'll happen just by coincidence :)

rozel

Seems @amirm has been sent one a few months ago. I'll nudge him :)

Top Bottom