• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eve audio sc205 amount of amplifer hiss ?

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
On my journey to get the perfect sound for me, im at the point where bass is good but theres not so much of it playing pop,rock music

I don't have the space for a subwoofer, meaning limited space so where i have the space is where is the only place i can have a subwoofer (not the optimal place), adjusting it with no high pass filter and mic is a pain in the ...

I know small studio monitors can have a really good bass (is it because they are bi amped ?), krk rookit p5, mackie MR524 and properly alot more i haven't listen to.

I know the Eve audio sc205 since back in the day i have listen to them, they have dsp which can be very usefull and are not insanely expensive and i prefere the size over eve audio sc207,mackie mr624,Yamaha hs7's, the speakers where not stock, so im impatiently waiting for a delivery date

Unfortunally i forgot to google how much hiss they have. According to the thread on asr the eve audio sc 305 has alot of hiss and was wondering if (despite very good reviews) the sc205 have to much hiss ? I have had mackie mr524 and there was no problems with the amount of hiss it had, yamaha hs7/8 a little to much, krk rokit g2/g3 also had a little, despite that i remember having the g2's for mabye 1 year

1615015807826.png
2022-08-02 10_51_33-Hiss (S&R) - 2021 04 30 - Google Sheets – Google Chrome.jpg

Produce Like A Pro approved

Digby

Major Contributor
Do you have the sc205 now or are you thinking about buying a pair?

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Im waiting for a delivery date i have payed for a pair

Update they are having trouble getting the delivery date

My sc205's are on it's way, expecting to get them tomorrow Thursday

Last edited:
OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

With a fan in the background i don't hear any hiss

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I don't hear any noise and that is so nice

Speakers like yamaha hs5 and krk rokit powered 5 do hiss alot not to mention fluid which are very bad

Last edited:
OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Can you hear the hiss without the fan? This is strange. Because mine were absolutely silent in silence. But I bought them many years ago

I never said i can hear any noise

nahuel

On my journey to get the perfect sound for me, im at the point where bass is good but theres not so much of it playing pop,rock music

I don't have the space for a subwoofer, meaning limited space so where i have the space is where is the only place i can have a subwoofer (not the optimal place), adjusting it with no high pass filter and mic is a pain in the ...

I know small studio monitors can have a really good bass (is it because they are bi amped ?), krk rookit p5, mackie MR524 and properly alot more i haven't listen to.

I know the Eve audio sc205 since back in the day i have listen to them, they have dsp which can be very usefull and are not insanely expensive and i prefere the size over eve audio sc207,mackie mr624,Yamaha hs7's, the speakers where not stock, so im impatiently waiting for a delivery date

Unfortunally i forgot to google how much hiss they have. According to the thread on asr the eve audio sc 305 has alot of hiss and was wondering if (despite very good reviews) the sc205 have to much hiss ? I have had mackie mr524 and there was no problems with the amount of hiss it had, yamaha hs7/8 a little to much, krk rokit g2/g3 also had a little, despite that i remember having the g2's for mabye 1 year

View attachment 221880View attachment 221883

Produce Like A Pro approved

A bit off topic maybe, is there a proper review on ASR of the Eve SC305?

I've got a pair of 307s, hiss is not a problem. Around 40dBa is floor noise for a normal silent room.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Try gearspace (any EVE AUDIO user out there)

nahuel

Try gearspace (any EVE AUDIO user out there)

Thanks! I thought there was an article here in ASR, with objective measurements.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

not the 305

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Top Bottom