• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eurovision 2023

Theodore8

Forum Donor
...considering that European nations have little in common other than 'Country X occupied us for Y amount of time'
Actually, Western European countries have a common culture (culture = hierarchy of values) based essentially on Christianity and Aristotelian rationality... and the evolution of the interplay between them over time. But this is a discussion for another forum... And only if you have an interest in history and philosophy.

Last edited:

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last time i watched Eurovision was in a pub in a small village in Bavaria (very conservative part of germany), when this epic performance won:

I still have in my ear how men there said: "That's a man, good lord" ("Des is ja a Mo, Herrschaftszeiten!").
serious story :D were there Würste on offer? [transl. sausages]

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Don't get me started about Wurst. They won at the expense of a rather excellent NL contribution.

Still sick of it.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Still sick of it.
Sorry to hear that. I assume the Finns feel the same way this year, as excited as they apparently were about their contribution:

Actually not too far away from Electric Callboy´s "Pump It" - they wanted to represent Germany at the ESC, but were not chosen by the cowardly jury. Probably they were afraid of not finishing in last place for once.

Edit: Here is the finnish contribution 2023:

Last edited:
OP
eddantes

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ahhh yes... So glad Eric Prydz has spawned that homage

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I hear Eurovision I think of this:
Just watched this movie, did not know it before you mentioned it here. I liked it!

Top Bottom