• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Europeans: where do you get your Asian and American audio products from after July 1st?

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
I payed €118 incl. shipping for the K371 from Amazon.nl.
I just received my Aeon RTs a few minutes ago (2 days early!!). So I'm happy for now.:D

Chrise36

Major Contributor
Thomann sells them for 115,-.
No idea what they are going to cost after July 1st... nor do I care.
I don't want the K371, owned it for a while and while decent sounding I have much better headphones than this budget model.
Can you list your headphones by preference?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I don't have a ranking nor a favorite.
Just a few I grab often depending on where I am and a whole bunch I own but never use and an even bigger amount of headphones I heard and liked but did not buy.

The one's I use the most (all modified, filtered or used with tone control) in no particular order:
HD800
HD560S (when EQ is not an option)
DT880BE
DT1770 (when I need closed)
DT1350 (portable)

used occasionally.
HD650
DT1990 (when EQ is not an option)
KSC75 (small portable option)
KSC35 (small portable option)
X2HR (when EQ is not an option)

Last edited:
OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
Just a few I grab often depending on where I am and a whole bunch I own but never use and an even bigger amount of headphones I heard and liked but did not buy.

The one's I use the most (all modified, filtered or used with tone control) in no particular order:
HD800
DT1350 (portable)

used occasionally.
HD650
You like bright sounding headphones? Or do you use filters on the Beyers? (the others seem like on the bright sides of the spectrum too)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Bright... forward.. yes, I like 'clarity'.
Yes, treble filters on the DT1770/1990. Also a filter on HD560 as it is too clear/forward.
HD800 with (hardware) EQ.
The 1350 with non stock pads and tone control.

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
Bright... forward.. yes, I like 'clarity'.
Yes, treble filters on the DT1770/1990. Also a filter on HD560 as it is too clear/forward.
HD800 with (hardware) EQ.
The 1350 with non stock pads and tone control.
Just to be clear. It wasn't meant as a negative remark.
I know what you mean with regards the clarity. It's a better term. I don't mind some clarity either. :)

Chrise36

Major Contributor

HD800
DT1350 (portable)

used occasionally.
HD650
I might give those cheap koss a try. Have you listened to any Pioneers?I liked the HRM 7

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I don't have access to Pioneers

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
I paid €116 (import taxes and customs fees on a DCA Aeon RT closed) and €35 on a €45 package with some diy cable stuff from AE. That is after VAT and shipping costs.
So, quite bad.

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
- Find a friend who lives in UK (if you haven't already).
- Send him the money and let him order the stuff for you.
- Buy a cheap plane/train ticket and go visit your friend at least twice a year.
- Take him out for a drink to say thanks and then get waisted (flirt with some chicks if you're single, you probably won't get laid because you're drunk, but it's funny as hell).
- Return home with hangover, vivid memories of adventure with friend and a bag full of stuff you like.

HenrikDK

Aliexpress, has EU warehouses, maybe that will grow, i have just ordered for 2.49$ earbuds foam, that will add 25$ extra when it arrives to Denmark..

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
Aliexpress, has EU warehouses, maybe that will grow, i have just ordered for 2.49$ earbuds foam, that will add 25$ extra when it arrives to Denmark..
Yeah, I know how that feels.

Top Bottom