• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Nabooh

You can get the same price on the French website.

Now I hesitate

HD660s ?
HD600 ?
or all the way up to HD800s ? :rolleyes:
Help @solderdude !

HD660s is probably the best bang for your bucks on the outlet.

HD600 price is way too high, especially when the HD650/HD6XX is near identical and can be bought much cheaper.

HD800S is interesting, but still to high in price. Wait for the black friday deals.

The HD660s/HD600 are very close in sound, and the HD800S is very different.

HD6 series is more mid forward and warmer, with roll off both in the high and low end. The HD660S also rolls off, but a bit later, so you have better extension.

The HD800s, is a neutral bright headphone. It' way more detailed than the other two, less bassy ( even if it got nice bass once EQ ). Very different.

RHO

Major Contributor

HD600 price is way too high, especially when the HD650/HD6XX is near identical and can be bought much cheaper.

HD800S is interesting, but still to high in price. Wait for the black friday deals.

HD6 series is more mid forward and warmer, with roll off both in the high and low end. The HD660S also rolls off, but a bit later, so you have better extension.

The HD800s, is a neutral bright headphone. It' way more detailed than the other two, less bassy ( even if it got nice bass once EQ ). Very different.
Where do you get the HD650 much cheaper than the HD600 in Europe?
HD6XX is much more expensive in Europe than in the US.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

That deal is over regretfully.
I'm rather listening on speakers, but some day I may shift to HP and your description motivates me rather to the 800S.
Well'see, l'm not in a hurry and these are classics anyway.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
@peterwen posted this deal over on the Sabaj D5 thread: hifi-express has the D5 on sale for €315,72 EUR (marked down from €401,50 EUR). Looks like if you try to have it shipped from the EU it is sold out, but if you switch the Ship From location (e.g., U.S., China, UK) it is available.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
@peterwen posted this deal over on the Sabaj D5 thread: hifi-express has the D5 on sale for €315,72 EUR (marked down from €401,50 EUR). Looks like if you try to have it shipped from the EU it is sold out, but if you switch the Ship From location (e.g., U.S., China, UK) it is available.

If you get it shipped from there you will end up paying duty fee (19-20%), import fee (depends on the country) and possibly a handling fee for the postal service.

And if CE logos are missing or fake you might not even get it at all

Reactions: RHO

peterwen

Audio Company
Loxjie D50 Another I recommend is this Loxjie D50 Ak4499 dac, including shipping. Send from Eu and UK.
About 20% off discount now.
360截图20210907104641162.jpg

RHO

Major Contributor

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
yeah, right at the end of 2019
even the eu subsite wasn't available via a link from the main site for the last few weeks or even months, only if you had a direct link (bookmarked or otherwise)
i think they clashed with regulatory bodies here with their (non-existing) warranty policies and it was the cheapest to just close operations

khark

Some DROP items are available through Amazon.com for EU customers. Possibly more convenient to order that way, since Amazon usually takes care of tariffs. Whether it's worth it overall, that's another story.

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Some DROP items are available through Amazon.com for EU customers. Possibly more convenient to order that way, since Amazon usually takes care of tariffs. Whether it's worth it overall, that's another story.
Not always. Before July 1st i always had to pay a fee to DHL (16 euros where i live). I always managed to recover it after a few email exchanges with Amazon customer service, claiming that amazon does not inform of this when placing the order (what was true). But the fact is, if you don't pay, they don't deliver the parcel.
I don't know how this has changed after July 1st, if someone knows, please chime in.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Not always. Before July 1st i always had to pay a fee to DHL (16 euros where i live). I always managed to recover it after a few email exchanges with Amazon customer service, claiming that amazon does not inform of this when placing the order (what was true). But the fact is, if you don't pay, they don't deliver the parcel.
I don't know how this has changed after July 1st, if someone knows, please chime in.

This is a handling fee, usually when the parcel has to be opened up. For something of the size of a big letter it's 6€.. a small parcel is probably 12-16. And the most I ever paid was 28€ in handling fees.

But that was always for orders from China. Never had to pay a handling fee for Amazon US or CA orders.

But it's possible that custom services declared the item wrong when it arrived at the airport. Happened to me as well with a EMS order(Japan) that was a under the duty free limit, where I was supposed to pay a 24€ fee

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
that's quite a weird site (never mind me understaing nada french)....
the price kept changing for me in a matter of seconds? from 279/piece to 349 after i accepted cookies? o_O

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
that's quite a weird site (never mind me understaing nada french)....
the price kept changing for me in a matter of seconds? from 279/piece to 349 after i accepted cookies? o_O
329€ for me, price dropped to 233,22€ once in the cart. That is a very, very good price indeed!

McLenin

Now those KEF I like! Got the Q 500, this would be natural evolution. Wish I had 12K spare for them hehe.

Top Bottom