• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Are the connections to headphones 2.5mm?

If you look on the U.S. site in the Q&A section you'll see that the M1060's have 2.5mm connectors. Apparently they used to have MMCX connectors but made a change to the design a few years ago so now have 2.5mm connectors.

MuckesVonLulz

French Days at son-video.com

Focal Elegia for 489 €. Elegia
elegia.jpg

Last edited:

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you look on the U.S. site in the Q&A section you'll see that the M1060's have 2.5mm connectors. Apparently they used to have MMCX connectors but made a change to the design a few years ago so now have 2.5mm connectors.
Nice thanks, that was what I suspected, I saw some reviews with that MMCX connectors in the cable, and I got confused.
Thanks for the info!

oozlum

It would be appreciated if some member from France or Belgium could send ‘Micromega M-One M100’ to Amir first.

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
Yep. Just it would cost about 200€ (most probably: more) just to send in, if insured at 1592€...

Who's in?
I have a soft spot for these Micromega amps, with SMPS, fan-cooled class AB internals and built-in DRC among other refinements, a shame that they were so expensive at launch time and not marketed near Devialet levels... so I'd gladly consider a handful € contribution :)

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why would Amir pay import duties to the U.S.?

well it's simple (not really).

for you to insure something then you have to declare its value, and once something has a monetary value then it's not a 'gift' anymore and the recipient is receiving valued goods that they would be taxed on.

bigguyca

well it's simple (not really).

for you to insure something then you have to declare its value, and once something has a monetary value then it's not a 'gift' anymore and the recipient is receiving valued goods that they would be taxed on.

The item appears to be in the $2k range. There should be no import duties into the U.S. I've imported several items in the last year in that price range from Europe, declared the honest value, and paid no duties.

Sent via FedEx or UPS and the item will be delivered in the U.S. in a day or two. FedEx or UPS will process though customs.

Are you claiming to offer legal advice on import duties into the the U.S.?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The item appears to be in the $2k range. There should be no import duties into the U.S. I've imported several items in the last year in that price range from Europe, declared the honest value, and paid no duties.

Sent via FedEx or UPS and the item will be delivered in the U.S. in a day or two. FedEx or UPS will process though customs.

Are you claiming to offer legal advice on import duties into the the U.S.?

I just shared what I know, I could be wrong.

bigguyca

I just shared what I know, I could be wrong.

What specifically do you "know?" Please provide a reference. You knowledge appears to be at odds with the USITC.

Consumer electronics appear to fit in HTS Number: 8519.89.30

Chapter 85.pdf

What do you know that contradicts this information? Clearly if you are offering guidance in areas that you say you know, then you are familiar with the information above.

Your information may cause individuals to miss opportunities to purchase goods at lower prices or goods that aren't available in the U.S.

aandres_gm

What specifically do you "know?" Please provide a reference. You knowledge appears to be at odds with the USITC.

Consumer electronics appear to fit in HTS Number: 8519.89.30

Chapter 85.pdf

What do you know that contradicts this information? Clearly if you are offering guidance in areas that you say you know, then you are familiar with the information above.

Your information may cause individuals to miss opportunities to purchase goods at lower prices or goods that aren't available in the U.S.
jeff, did you really just add a link to a file in your downloads folder? :p

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Top Bottom