• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Roland68

Major Contributor
You could be right - I was translating it - so going back to the webpage, I do see "piece black" in the translation - which I should obviously take to mean "single". As for the word Speakers - it comes up a few times in the translated description :

"Really great speakers just disappear and just let you listen to the music. An unadulterated voice, perfectly reproduced instrument levels in which you can lose yourself sound so unadulterated that you think the artist is with you. That's what great speakers with the most advanced cutting-edge technology enable."

But to be honest I was not expecting to get a pair for that price - was more pointing out that the page has a picture of 2 speakers, and the translated description talks about speakers and the 'incorrect' translation of 'unit'.
The word "Lautsprecher" says nothing about the number, but in connection with piece it clearly means 1 loudspeaker and that's what it says in the title of the article. It really doesn't get any clearer than that.

What really bothers me is this statement "That website is very deceptive". And that at a dealer who has been working well for 30 years and who is very precise about the number of items included, as can also be seen in the screenshot below.
And the text you quoted is a normal advertising sentence from the manufacturer, which cannot say anything about the number of units sold.

And don't be mad at me, but if you want to sue every retailer in the world that sells single speakers using a manufacturer's product image with 2 speakers in it, you won't do anything else for the rest of your life.
And these images of several pieces are also available for many other items that are only sold individually.
Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-28 um 12.43.23.png

Last edited:

Romario

French enceinte translated to Dutch then translated to English is Pregnant. Translations are half the fun looking on French retailer sites

Reactions: Zvu

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
If it is any similar to the R3 -discussed here at least a couple of times- you will have a hard time finding someone that sells single units. If it was me, at this price, i would buy a pair and try to sell one down the road...
Check out this thread:
Single R3 for center
Managed to get a single R3 shipped

Roland68

Major Contributor

kolestonin

UK only shipping but I think 899pounds(1025euro) for a pair of KEF R3 can be considered a deal

edit: I see they are at 1030 in a german e-shop(with more shipping options) as well so it might not be a deal. Still a good price though:

Last edited:

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A dutiful update, after ten days of waiting (much less than expected) my package has been shipped and should be delivered on Friday, so I will be able to confirm the pair of speakers
it will be a pair

Fifoumed

Forum Donor
French enceinte translated to Dutch then translated to English is Pregnant. Translations are half the fun looking on French retailer sites
Yep, cause the loudspeaker is not called by the "speaker" name, but by the cavity, the "space countaining something". A room is une enceinte. A speaker box is une enceinte. So is a woman countaining something / someone inside her

Romario

And Haute Fidélité is very reliable. But once you get the hang of it it's not an issue.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, cause the loudspeaker is not called by the "speaker" name, but by the cavity, the "space countaining something". A room is une enceinte. A speaker box is une enceinte. So is a woman countaining something / someone inside her
That's right.
In the same league, some (older) people still call speakers "des baffles", while baffle is technically only the front part of a speaker.
Haut-parleur litteraly means "loudspeaker" but it is used to describe... drivers.
Casque is both the word for headphones and helmet.
Etc etc.

Last edited:

kolestonin

I see they are at 1030 in a german e-shop(with more shipping options) as well so it might not be a deal. Still a good price though:

Just to give my feedback on the german shop.
Ordered the speakers on Tuesday 04/04 at 23:30, and received them just 10 minutes ago.
They even cost a bit lower(499) now and they always appear as available.
Paid 85 euros of shipping to a neighbouring country though without having any other shipping options fyi.

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I saw 400 euro per KEF R3 and almost jumped the gun, but the site has blocked access to the entry for some reason

1680896010923.png

Top Bottom