• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

poxymoron

honestly doubt that. I'm yet to see a bookshelf speaker sold not in pair. they are usually packaged in pair (in one box)
if they allow you to buy 1, then it's a pair
It's all there in black and white.
Screenshot_20230120_111818_Chrome.jpg

delta76

Major Contributor
Uhm, almost all of my bookshelf/monitor speakers came as singles. But the page says they are a pair, so you buy a single pair.
maybe that's the difference between US and EU? I haven't bought any monitor, but all bookshelves I bought or tried to buy, are always sold in pair. I can't even buy one even if I want to, and was explained at one point by a retailer that they are packaged like that

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Ls50 is packaged in one box a pair.

Haslar

@VintageFlanker I tried to contact you via mp but the algo prevents me from doing so, for some reason.
As a fellow parisian, I had a question for you RE: Focal Aria series.
:)

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sold in pairs but that price is for each speaker.
OK, that's enough.:facepalm:

Sorry if I'm being rude, but, Guys... Would you please stop spreading such misinformation and confusion on this thread, that lead to meaningless "debate" like this?
LS50 are sold as a pair. Always. Fnac.com sells every bookshelves as a pair. Unless stated otherwise. This is written in black & white (to quote you) "Vendues à la paire". French plural for two speakers. I know dozens of people from the French audiophile community that bought LS50 that way, at that price (499€ and below)... When you just don't know, better say nothing, I regret.

I have no clue about other contributors here, but let me speak for myself... Just to clear that up: I posted hundreds of Hi-Fi deals on Dealabs.com, and dozens here. I know most French Hi-Fi stores (at least the biggest ones), how their deals work, how they apply negotiated prices, how they list their speakers (pair/pieces). When I post a deal, I already have double-checked every information, then you can consider everything stated in the post as valid. Period. Whatever you "believe" or "think" the price to be too low for the pair or not... it doesn't matter, nor that it changes actual facts. Guessing isn't knowing.

Anyway, sorry for the coup de gueule. Let's back to what matters: Deals !:cool:

Last edited:

killdozzer

Major Contributor

Sorry if I'm being rude, but, Guys... Would you please stop spreading such misinformation and confusion on this thread, that lead to meaningless "debate" like this?
LS50 are sold as a pair. Always. Fnac.com sells every bookshelves as a pair. Unless stated otherwise. This is written in black & white (to quote you) "Vendues à la paire". Plural for two speakers. I know dozens of people from the French audiophile community that bought LS50 that way, at that price (499€ and below)... When you just don't know, better say nothing, I regret.

I have no clue about other contributors here, but let me speak for myself... Just to clear that up: I posted hundreds of Hi-Fi deals on Dealabs.com, and dozens here. I know most French Hi-Fi stores (at least the biggest ones), how their deals work, how they apply negociated prices, how they list their speakers (pair/pieces). When I post a deal, I already have double checked every informations, then you can consider everything stated in the post as valid. Period. Whatever you "believe" or "think" the price to be too low for the pair or not... it doesn't matter, nor that it changes actual facts. Guessing isn't knowing.

I believe you when you say that for the market you're familiar with, but for other posters it's good to be cautious. I've seen dozens of shops that will state the price for one although you can't buy one.

I trust you check your stuff, let's just make sure others do as well.

poxymoron

LS50 are sold as a pair. Always. Fnac.com sells every bookshelves as a pair. Unless stated otherwise. This is written in black & white (to quote you) "Vendues à la paire". French plural for two speakers. I know dozens of people from the French audiophile community that bought LS50 that way, at that price (499€ and below)... When you just don't know, better say nothing, I regret.

I have no clue about other contributors here, but let me speak for myself... Just to clear that up: I posted hundreds of Hi-Fi deals on Dealabs.com, and dozens here. I know most French Hi-Fi stores (at least the biggest ones), how their deals work, how they apply negotiated prices, how they list their speakers (pair/pieces). When I post a deal, I already have double-checked every information, then you can consider everything stated in the post as valid. Period. Whatever you "believe" or "think" the price to be too low for the pair or not... it doesn't matter, nor that it changes actual facts. Guessing isn't knowing.

Not sure if the drama is required, I don't think any of us were trying to mislead others. I certainly wasn't, I just misunderstood how it was advertised and if I'm honest I didn't see that you stated it was for a pair in your original post. I apologise if my tone sounded rude. What's the harm in querying what is actually for sale? You post a deal, different members interpret it differently, or in my case incorrectly, and then there's some discussion about what exactly the product and price is. Nobody is questioning your honour mon ami.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyway, @VintageFlanker usually has a point, this time is no exception. Let's link to this dedicated discussion thread when a discussion pops up:

Here is a Dali Epicon 8 for 10k€ instead of 18k€ the pair:
daliepicon8hgwh_1.jpg

Last edited:

dogmamann

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LD0005826549_1.jpg

NAD AMP1 (AKA the Argon SA1 twin, but with Ethernet and Chromecast bluit-in), 299.97€ (599€) with PLUSDIX coupon.

Edit: Sold out pretty fast !:cool:

Last edited:

NYfan2

Forum Donor

frki16

dogmamann

maybe to avoid hidden audio because I ordered dbr62 3 weeks ago, they claimed 5-10 days for delivery and now when I asked them where it stuck answer was delivery probably middle February !
to be fair, most hifi stores in Germany ships many non-German manufacturing speakers or amps quite late, unless they are in the display. If the price is low, sometimes it comes with this problems. I bought a pair of canton reference 7k from a dealer in Germany last year. At the time they all quoted different delivery times. None was able to get a pair in less than 3 weeks time but I ended up waiting 4 weeks, as that dealer quoted the lowest. At the same time a friend of mine bought a pair of R3 and he got them after 3 months. The dealer said, they had experiences with some Japanese brands where the stuff got delayed more than 6 months. Mid February seems fair to me.

Again most of my previous new purchases with speakers and amps had some sort of delay.

Triliza

Forum Donor
maybe to avoid hidden audio because I ordered dbr62 3 weeks ago, they claimed 5-10 days for delivery and now when I asked them where it stuck answer was delivery probably middle February !
They sent my pair 3 days after my order. It seems because of this thread they got more orders for dbr62 that they could handle.

delta76

Major Contributor
as I once said, you can have it fast or you can have it cheap. usually not both. you can go buy from your local shop and start listening today, but then you have to pay 50% more.

as long as hidden-audio is legit - i.e. they will genuinely try to ship as soon as possible (they definitely want you to buy again ), a bit of waiting time is acceptable. I understand your frustration and yes on general they should be improving their supply/logistics, but it's always a trade off when you shop for deal.

frki16

as I once said, you can have it fast or you can have it cheap. usually not both. you can go buy from your local shop and start listening today, but then you have to pay 50% more.

as long as hidden-audio is legit - i.e. they will genuinely try to ship as soon as possible (they definitely want you to buy again ), a bit of waiting time is acceptable. I understand your frustration and yes on general they should be improving their supply/logistics, but it's always a trade off when you shop for deal.
I would bought it anyway even if they stated 4 weeks delivery but this is not professional and makes you wonder will they deliver it at all.

Top Bottom