• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
No. KEF LS50 1st gen remains widely distributed by FNAC. And as such, still manufactured.
I wasn't aware, that the first generation is still in production: thank you for the correction. I used to sell them at a hifi shop about a decade ago: a remarkable speaker with some flaws though. But which speaker around this price point is flawless? It remains a bargain at the offered price...

Ciobi69

I wasn't aware, that the first generation is still in production: thank you for the correction. I used to sell them at a hifi shop about a decade ago: a remarkable speaker with some flaws though. But which speaker around this price point is flawless? It remains a bargain at the offered price...
With a good subwoofer they do a really nice system , well it's still a small coaxial but they are awesome for the price

Romario

This is still valid, might be cheaper, i don't think the cost of shipping to the Netherlands can be much.
You could maybe buy cable for your gift certificate instead. :cool:
Yes, I saw that, but I'm indecisive and once decided I'm impatient haha. Next day delivery pushed me real hard to the order now button.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 79,99€ on Amazon France...

Am I right in thinking that we can't assume that's the same as the regular X2HR? This is the X2HR/00 which is an Amazon Exclusive, so I'm thinking it might have a different frequency response than the regular X2HR? Which is important if you want to know what you're buying, and the fact that Oratory has measured the regular X2HR and we can't really assume this X2HR/00 has the same frequency response?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Am I right in thinking that we can't assume that's the same as the regular X2HR? This is the X2HR/00 which is an Amazon Exclusive, so I'm thinking it might have a different frequency response than the regular X2HR? Which is important if you want to know what you're buying, and the fact that Oratory has measured the regular X2HR and we can't really assume this X2HR/00 has the same frequency response?
I don't think this is a 'made for Amazon only' model, it's on Philips' website: https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/X2HR_00/fidelio-headphones

Maybe Amazon bought the last of the stock?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think this is a 'made for Amazon only' model, it's on Philips' website: https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/X2HR_00/fidelio-headphones

Yep, that's weird, I searched on Philips website for X2HR, and the only model that came up was X2HR/00, so there's only just the one version by the looks of it - so is a bit bizarre why Amazon labelled it as "Amazon Exclusive" because my understanding was that this meant it was a different model, but in this case it's not the case - looks like people can be confident they're buying the regular X2HR, good!

EDIT: I almost was gonna buy this from the French Amazon website there as it was only £74 imported by the looks of it, and partly drawn by the soundstage reputation of this product combined with reasonable frequency response, but it's quite high distortion and doesn't do bass that well in that respect.....so I was almost curious enough to buy it, but I didn't pull the trigger because I'm pretty sure it won't offer anything beyond the current headphones I own. It's a good price though!

Last edited:

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On the sad note, I guess we would never see deals from 2018-2020 again, when we often got 906s at about 400€, 948s at 1400€...
Why not ?
And that didn't start in 2018, by the way.
I got mine way earlier (500€/1700€ a pair respectively) from a reputable shop in Belgium.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Am I right in thinking that we can't assume that's the same as the regular X2HR?
It's the same.
Neither.
This deal is a long time classic on Dealabs and come back every 3 months or so (lowest price was even 73€ in November 2022).
And this specific reference is listed at Amazon FR from 2017.
Screenshot_20230605-172942.png

Why not ?
Because of the severe inflation that hit the French Hi-Fi market for the last 12 or 18 months. ;) Not sure it will get back to "normal" anytime soon.
And that didn't start in 2018, by the way.
I got mine way earlier
I know. But lowest prices I've ever seen were for this period, and same deals came back several times a year (Winter Sales, Summer Sales, BF, Christmas)

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
After the slash the two digits of Philips products are regional codes, see below:

identification-Philips-TV-en-2012-2022-696x348.webp

Source: https://en.tab-tv.com/identifying-the-models-of-philips-tvs-2012-2015/

These two last digits are used more than 6 decades on Philips products, here for example some MFB loudspeakers (which I also own) from 1978 (below image is not mine):
7f2e609a-b421-4775-9360-b22b285310b8.jpg

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you know what region the 00 stands for then?
Good question, just a wild guess as it seems to exist since at least 50 years and is such a basic number maybe for "worldwide"?

Philips_Type_29AH471_00_-_Srial_number_and_crossover_%2813609290724%29.jpg

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good question, just a wild guess as it seems to exist since at least 50 years and is such a basic number maybe for "worldwide"?

Philips_Type_29AH471_00_-_Srial_number_and_crossover_%2813609290724%29.jpg
Yeah, it could be, some logic in that!

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom