• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales - Discussion

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here we can discuss technical details about deals posted in this thread:
The idea is to keep the other thread clean.

Discussion is of course open to all, European or not :cool:

Last edited:
OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, Elac DBR6.2 for 350€ or KEF LS/50 for 500€?

I say DBR6.2! It's the better deal, innit?

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I still have a pair LS/50 and will let them fight against the DBR62, but i didn't even get my shipping notice yet.

PXL_20220504_175909765.jpg

The Metas are sold and neither LS/50 nor LS/50 Meta could beat the ATCs in my opinion.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are these Aiyima A07 amps that @Vict0r posted still the same that @amirm tested? I'm thinking about maybe getting one.

MCH

Major Contributor
Hey guys, this is just my opinion, in reality time will tell if we need two threads for the European deals or not.
I think that the nature of the main thread itself, that is, what was posted two pages back is absolutely not relevant anymore because the deal is gone, allows for quite some side discussion. It is not the most active thread either... so my vote would be to keep the info and discussions about speaker pair vs piece and anything else in the same place even at the risk of diving @VintageFlanker nuts! haha

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, we will have to see if this thread makes sense.

I was still wondering about that A07, so i ordered one. I don't think 78€ is a particularly good price, but it's shipped by Amazon, so sending it back in case it sucks or breaks is easy.
I think i have a Meanwell 48V/5A PSU from one of my 3D printer projects around, so i could test this as well, the Amazon one comes with the regular 32V/5A.

Also, selling the LS/50 below 500€ has got to stop, since i wanted to ask 600€ for mine on the used markets. It's a black edition, that has to count for something, right? RIGHT?:oops:
@VintageFlanker: As for using the Aiyima A07 on the LS/50, should work fine with regular listening SPLs.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kef R3 Meta incoming? The prices seem to fall quite a bit as of late.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Got the DBR 6.2 from Hidden Audio today. :cool: I haven't unpacked them yet.
Delivery took some time, however, i was one of the few that canceled their first order to get the even better price.

Will unpack them tomorrow and try them with a freshly recapped Yamaha A-1020 and a Aiyima 07@36V from Amazon someone else posted recently.

The kit is supposed to go to a 15 year old later in the year, together with two cheap 100€ subs, a MiniDSP 2x4HD, a RPi3A+ and likely a Yamaha A-S300 if i can get it running again.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
STOP IT!

7iu6hygrf.gif

I will never be able to sell my LS/50 Black Edition for the 600€ i payed for them!:confused:

Romario

Got the DBR 6.2 from Hidden Audio today. :cool: I haven't unpacked them yet.
Delivery took some time, however, i was one of the few that canceled their first order to get the even better price.

Will unpack them tomorrow and try them with a freshly recapped Yamaha A-1020
I saw they were back to orinal price but again down to 350. Any luck trying them on the yamaha?

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I saw they were back to orinal price but again down to 350. Any luck trying them on the yamaha?
Yeah, no, they went straight to the person they where earmarked for.

They do their job with an Aiyima A07, however, they are freed from bass duty by a MiniDSP 2x4HD (without room compensation for now, i'll fix that once i visit, just lowpass/highpass at 90Hz) and two cheap Elac cinema set subwoofers (110€ each, from hidden-audio as well). The girl that got them as a gift is 15 and obviously stoked beyond words, i'll spare you the praises she gives.

Her parents? They don't like them one bit, as they are now forced to listen to a 15 year olds music taste, whether they like it or not.
So in my book this was a great gift, the parents lamentations will be enjoyed for a long time. K-Pop and Eurodance at high volumes are somewhat irritating, they say. ;)

Anyway, i did nothing but a functionality test, took them half out of the box, tested each channel with a Yamaha A-S1200, put them back. Nothing of note caught my eye. Build was fine too. I think white would have been better for a 15 year old, a bit more modern and the subs where white too. As they measure good and take DSP very well, i would say they are still a good price, even at 350€.

I don't doubt the A-1020 would be able to drive them into saturation, this amp is a beast. The A07 is a bit weak for the highest SPLs, but enough for regular european rooms. Once used with DSP and a subwoofer, they should be able to play very, very loud too, if that is your thing.

Romario

I really enjoyed reading that. So relatable as my friends strugle with their teens music choice as well haha. You allways hope they'll grow out of it fast but I think k- pop is here to stay.:D
Thanks for your nice reply.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Can you start a thread with some pics? Maybe some basic measurements?
No way of measuring. I'll listen for 2 days and decide if I'll keep them.
(Piega loudspeakers)

The first impressions is that the smaller Guru I have sound far better with the first song
The speakers "vanish" more easily.

Last edited:

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Reference 3 Meta for a bargain price. 8000€

But if you look for used ones, the old Reference 3’s can be had for a price as low as 1900 €
Probably that’s a bargain considering their last price of 7000 at the time of discontinuation.

See the ad in picture for a reference !

Attachments

• IMG_8871.jpeg
    IMG_8871.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 37

Ciobi69

Reference 3 Meta for a bargain price. 8000€

But if you look for used ones, the old Reference 3’s can be had for a price as low as 1900 €
Probably that’s a bargain considering their last price of 7000 at the time of discontinuation.

See the ad in picture for a reference !
If the ad is true

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If the ad is true
Why can’t the ad be true? I had seen many ads in eBay Germany for reference 3 from time to time under 2000 euros. Come on, it’s an old speaker, it should only cost that much used. Now there is meta in the market and therefore this should be cheap

marX

Sorry to ask this question here but have there been any deals on MiniDSP stuff during the previous Black Fridays? I need a miniDSP or anything with EQ and an active crossover soon.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Top Bottom