• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[EU] Rega Planar 1 - still the go-to beginner "decent" table?

stemfencer

Just wondering if can do better than the Rega Planar 1 turntable for around €300 for those chasing sound quality? (when paired with something like the ART DJ Pre II).

I appreciate the AudioTechnics are more feature packed and the new Monoprice table looks competitive also, but am chasing best sound-quality for the buck. Not fussed about a lot of convenience features as digital will still be primary source, just want to get something "decent" for occasional vinyl listening.

Putting the EU tag on this as a) Fluence don't seem widely available in EU which seems a natural competitor at the moment an b) Rega prices far more competitive than in USA.

sofrep811

I downsized a couple years back after using many $1k + decks and now use the P1. iIt works and is impossible to fk up. I upgraded the cart but the Carbon was fine. I recommend it.

MCH

Major Contributor
Project used to have decent cheap turntables, have they abandoned that markèt?
And good value, I had a debut that i sold for more than half as much as i paid new like 8 years later...

Last edited:
OP
S

stemfencer

I downsized a couple years back after using many $1k + decks and now use the P1. iIt works and is impossible to fk up. I upgraded the cart but the Carbon was fine. I recommend it.
Thank you very much! Sounds like for occassional listening I'm not leaving much on the table with the P1 - cheers

Top Bottom