• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[EU] FS: Grado GS1000e

theoblue80

For sale the stunning Grado GS1000e headphones in absolutely mint condition with all accessories and separately bought hard case.
Shipping inside EU.
Price (excl. shipping costs/payment fees): 600 Euros
Photos can be provided to potential buyers.
Anyone interested can consult forum members with whom I have performed successful transactions. :)

taosteen

Well Maybe now i should try a grado. I have earlier used meze 99 and now audeze lcd gx ( Sound is more like lcd x than lcd 2) for my listening (jazz, blues, rock and pop) I am looking for a “correct” and lively Sound With a deep not boomy bass, articulated mids and detailed soft highs, Big but defined soundstage With detailed image and placement off instruments………hmmm maybe this text is more a question about the grado perfomance compared to audeze x or 3 and focal clear…… do you have any experience here?
Best regards
taosteen

OP
T

theoblue80

Hi!

First of all Grado have been sold but I can provide you with my feedback.
Grado headphones have only lovers and haters among the audiophile community :)
I am certainly a lover. I find their sound signature perferct for me who love detail, listen mainly to Blues + Classic Rock and I am on the bright side of the sound.
The sound is very forward which makes the listening experience very exciting. Some find the treble a bit fatiguing, I don't.
To be honest, I have not tried them in long listening sessions and I cannot tell if they become a bit tiring for the ears after some time.
The bass is present for my preference but not so noticeable as in Audeze or even Clears.
Also GS1000 are probably the lightest headphone you will ever try at this level.
I would never prevent someone from trying Grado and since I have listened to various models, I would certainly recommend to someone (if he can afford) to try at least GS1000 (and not a cheaper model) to live the full experience.

FYI, I have now for sale Sennheiser HD800 and Focal Elegia (with optional Dekoni Stellia pads) in mint condition and very good price.
HD800 is regarded among the audiophiles one of the most classic headphone model ever made and Elegia is for me a perfect (now budget) choice of closed back headphones (I also love Focals and own various models).

Although I love Grado signature, I must admit that HD800 seems superior to me all in all.
Also for the Elegia I was impressed with how the dekoni pads made their sound imperfections disappear.
I think that with these pads, Elegia have little to be jealus of in comparison to much more expensive closed-back headphones :)

taosteen

Hi!

First of all Grado have been sold but I can provide you with my feedback.
Grado headphones have only lovers and haters among the audiophile community :)
I am certainly a lover. I find their sound signature perferct for me who love detail, listen mainly to Blues + Classic Rock and I am on the bright side of the sound.
The sound is very forward which makes the listening experience very exciting. Some find the treble a bit fatiguing, I don't.
To be honest, I have not tried them in long listening sessions and I cannot tell if they become a bit tiring for the ears after some time.
The bass is present for my preference but not so noticeable as in Audeze or even Clears.
Also GS1000 are probably the lightest headphone you will ever try at this level.
I would never prevent someone from trying Grado and since I have listened to various models, I would certainly recommend to someone (if he can afford) to try at least GS1000 (and not a cheaper model) to live the full experience.

FYI, I have now for sale Sennheiser HD800 and Focal Elegia (with optional Dekoni Stellia pads) in mint condition and very good price.
HD800 is regarded among the audiophiles one of the most classic headphone model ever made and Elegia is for me a perfect (now budget) choice of closed back headphones (I also love Focals and own various models).

Although I love Grado signature, I must admit that HD800 seems superior to me all in all.
Also for the Elegia I was impressed with how the dekoni pads made their sound imperfections disappear.
I think that with these pads, Elegia have little to be jealus of in comparison to much more expensive closed-back headphones :)
Tank you for a serious reply. How is Sound signature compared to audeze? And how does elegia perform to clear?
Best regards
Taosteen

OP
T

theoblue80

I have never heard Audeze but I know (correct me if I am wrong) that are bass-oriented. So I suppose there is no similarity between Audeze and Grado.

Also you cannot compare an open-back headphone like Clear with a closed-back headphone like Elegia.
But to my opinion with Dekoni pads (which control the sometimes raw treble), Elegia is an excellent closed-back headphone for someone who wants to hear music when other people exist in the same room.
Elegia have the excellent build quality of Focal, the famous punch/slam of Focals and just enough bass for non-bass-headers.
In its decreased price I highly recommend Elegia to anyone that likes Focal headphones.
It's a steal if you consider that its price started from 1000Euros approx.
Of course, for anyone who owns the Clears and doesn't mind about the sound leakage and less isolation of an open-back headphone, there is no reason to buy Elegia.
I own both open and closed headphones cause I use them in different circumstances. If I listened to music being always alone in a room, I would obviously opted for an open-back only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom