• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ET400A purifi or Hypex Ncore what is the difference

Rinaldo

Hi
Cab I hear the difference between a Purifi or Hypex based Class D amplifier and do you hear it?

Cheers Rinaldo

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have both, many variants of hypex, and they all sound excellent.
Never tried, and not sure I could pick the difference in a blind test.
This has been discussed endlessly before. The makers and sellers of Purifi claim an audible improvement.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the Purifi and it's completely inaudible. Don't know about the Hypex, have not heard it and I doubt I could cofirm a difference unless it was a level matched A to B blind test with rapid switching between the two. Nevertheless, Amir's measurements indicate the Hypex has higher levels of THD+N at higher power levels.

Both are top echelon amplifiers.

Streamc

I have the Purifi and it's completely inaudible. Don't know about the Hypex, have not heard it and I doubt I could cofirm a difference unless it was a level matched A to B blind test with rapid switching between the two. Nevertheless, Amir's measurements indicate the Hypex has higher levels of THD+N at higher power levels.

Both are top echelon amplifiers.
Difference is inaudible?

OP
R

Rinaldo

Ik heb beide, vele varianten van hypex, en ze klinken allemaal uitstekend.
Nooit geprobeerd, en ik weet niet zeker of ik het verschil in een blinde test zou kunnen kiezen.
Dit is al eindeloos besproken. De makers en verkopers van Purifi claimen een hoorbare verbetering.
Amplilifiers based on Purifi are more expensive then the Hypex amps. I think it's a qeustion of taste. I've listening to an NAD M33 and at home I have a Apollon Hypex based power amp. My speakers are not for sale in the regular hifi shop. But I don't hear a big difference between them.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Given the distortion or noise is so low you probably can't hear any difference. Buy either one that is cheaper or better in some way to you.

rubley00

I have a purifi based amp, and a 252MP based amp. I like them both, and you're definitely into diminishing returns with purifi. I seriously doubt anyone could tell the difference in a blind test.

mdunjic

I have a purifi based amp, and a 252MP based amp. I like them both, and you're definitely into diminishing returns with purifi. I seriously doubt anyone could tell the difference in a blind test.
that why I decided to go with Audiophonics Hypex NCore … nc502mp stereo amp + 2 x nc500mp mono blocks to biamp my speakers … preamp is Benchmark la4 … I get loads of very clean and linear power … for completely inaudible degradation in THD compared to equivalent Purify based designs … for basically half the price … imo, great deal

Top Bottom