• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ES9068 PRO expected? When?

PortableMusic

may i ask the good folks here if the 9068 PRO version is expected from ESS?

they've introduced only one 9068Q so far, and this is how they described this dac chip:

" The ES9068Q will offer Best-in-Class performance based on the SABRE DAC architecture with HyperStream® II modulation and can be used as a functional upgrade to the successful ES9018K2M, ES9028Q2M, and ES9038Q2M products. The ES9068Q provides a Dynamic Range of 128dBA and total harmonic distortion of -120dB THD+N. The DAC can support a wide range of input formats including: PCM up to 32bit 768kHz, DSD1024, DoP, SPDIF, and MQA."

(Quoted from http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en...ds-first-codec-hardware-mqa-hi-res-rendering/)

judging from that, the 9068Q is equivalent and the follow up to the 9038Q2M, and they made no mention of the 9038PRO model - the audiophile 8-channel version. it would seem to me that they would introduce a 9068 PRO next.

may i ask if anyone knows if and when the 9068 PRO can be expected please?

thank you.

Top Bottom