• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erratic & slow forum SW performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvl

Major Contributor
Maybe look at the page source and try to find where those bad URLs are, may give a clue why the forum spits them out, or not. Sounds like a forum bug to me.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe look at the page source and try to find where those bad URLs are, may give a clue why the forum spits them out, or not. Sounds like a forum bug to me.
Then why aren't the other users seeing the same problem?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

gvl

Major Contributor
Then why aren't the other users seeing the same problem?

Maybe he is The One? If seriously no idea, something odd in his profile or server stored user forum data can be causing it.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably the reason is your audiophile rooter which is optimised more for a high end smooth sound rather than boring wooden ears tech text. :p
Better get a nerd-rooter for surfing here but don't forget to switch to your other one when listening to music, as it sounds very boring analytical and not musical at all. :p

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
When I log in as another user everything works fine. Interesting, isn't it..?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I log in as another user everything works fine. Interesting, isn't it..?
Try updating random fields on your profile, and see if the problem goes away. Overwriting dodgy data with clean data is probably the easiest way to fix it.

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Try updating random fields on your profile, and see if the problem goes away. Overwriting dodgy data with clean data is probably the easiest way to fix it.

Good idea, but doesn't work..

D

Deleted member 65

If you haven’t tried already. Create a new Win10 user, login to your ASR acct thru this user.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Log out, clear all ASR cookies and and log in again.

Feargal

I had a quick try earlier with latest Chrome on Windows 10 (and Firefox) and I'm not getting any CORS errors in the debug console. I get just one error, which is for blocking https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js , but that's usually from (I think) the uBlock Origin plugin (and intentionally blocked).
I don't understand why you're getting the CORS errors and I'm not. I don't have anything funky customised in the browser and I suspect you don't either. It's almost like you have a super strict mode enabled somehow.

Maybe first try disabling plugins, especially adblockers?
I'm wondering whether your DNS provider could be causing this but I don't really see how.

[edit] - a good test may be to try through a VPN connection. A good free one I use is Windscribe (10GB free a month), though others are available obviously. There's a plugin/addon for Chrome for Windscribe which works well. This would bypass any possible blocking which your ISP may be providing.

[edit2] - possibly your HTTP requests are running through a proxy? Could it be an antivirus acting as a local proxy? I see you have the problem on several computers so maybe the same antivirus on both?

Last edited:
OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I guess you guys missed the part where I said that the same problems appear on different computer and on Android phone, but everything works well when I log as another ASR user. IMO that points to corrupt user data on the forum server.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Those castle speakers gave you away , and your IP ha ha

But yes you never pretended, like sign up under a different name and hide your real identity.

Well , at some point you need to realise some folks know more than you think and they know it well before you could imagine but we are a forgiving bunch .. not without a sense of justice mind you ha ha

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Those castle speakers gave you away , and your IP ha ha

But yes you never pretended, like sign up under a different name and hide your real identity.

Well , at some point you need to realise some folks know more than you think and they know it well before you could imagine but we are a forgiving bunch .. not without a sense of justice mind you ha ha

I could have easily skip mentioning my Castle speakers and hide my IP, but I chose not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom