• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ErinsAudioCorner

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Video review of some car audio 8-inch woofers that aren't worth their price ($600/pair and $900/pair).

I have the Selah on deck to measure... hopefully starting this weekend. There's a lot less drama in measuring home audio speakers than car audio stuff. :D

LumbermanSVO

Video review of some car audio 8-inch woofers that aren't worth their price ($600/pair and $900/pair).

I have the Selah on deck to measure... hopefully starting this weekend. There's a lot less drama in measuring home audio speakers than car audio stuff. :D

I saw the drama and was thinking, "No! Two people I really like are arguing!"

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I wonder how modern shallow 8” woofers compare to the old Aura one. I know a way we could find out! ;)

Hemi-Demon

I REALLY appreciate the car audio reviews. Keep it up. I am in the beginning stages of redoing my truck, so your reviews help

Ericglo

Have you thought about printing shirts with your emblem on them? A nice polo shirt with a little Erin's audio corner would look nice on the videos.

Oh and I was only going to watch a little bit of the Purifi video and once again I watched the whole thing.:eek:

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I don't even like wearing Polos to work. I ain't about to wear one in my videos. Besides, I like my Goonies t-shirt! lol

Ericglo

LOL then how about different colored t-shirts with a big logo on the front?;)

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
just gonna leave this here...

IMG_0343.jpg

tenor.gif

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I got a pair of the Revel F226Be speakers for review in today. I made a quick unboxing video. Which isn't typical of me. But, this was too cool not to share.

Not sure when the review will be done. But stay tuned.

Edit: I decided to take the video down and make another. I didn't want to spread incorrect information with my comments about SB Acoustics "possibly" making the drive units for Revel. I'll re-post another hopefully this afternoon.

Last edited:

Beave

Major Contributor
I like the looks/size/form factor of the F226Be better than just about any other Revel speaker. The 208, 228, 328, and Ultima series towers are just too big & bulky for my taste.

vavan

The 208, 228, 328, and Ultima series towers are just too big & bulky for my taste
after I replaced lsim705 with f208 that "too big" feeling vanished in a few days

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
In the video you talk about the midrange being an SB Acoustics driver. The regular Performa3 series uses SB Acoustics, but the PerformaBe series does not.

See the pics I posted in the Revel F208 review thread here:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ower-speaker-review.13192/page-12#post-396013

Someone else also messaged me last night to let me know. I can’t edit the video enough to remove all mention so I made a note in the description that I had made the wrong assumption.

maybe that’s why I don’t need to make anymore first impression or unboxing videos. I need to give myself enough time to calm down and check my assumptions. :D

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
FWIW, I decided to take the unboxing video down and make new one. I couldn't edit the old one properly via YouTube and I didn't want to spread incorrect information with my comments about SB Acoustics "possibly" making the drive units for Revel. I'll re-post another hopefully this afternoon.

Top Bottom