• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erin's interview with Greg Timbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokerbre

Constructive criticism for Erin. Great opportunity poorly used. If you are going to interview guests then learn how to do it. There are courses on that. Time with Greg wasted. Interview him and don't chat with him. Great opportunity to ask him about the horn he uses, but you haven't used it, for example. Better prepare and use all the potential of your guests.

Last edited:

tuga

Major Contributor
Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Constructive criticism for Erin. Great opportunity poorly used. If you are going to interview guests then learn how to do it. There are courses on that. Time with Greg wasted. Interview him and don't chat with him. Great opportunity to ask him about the horn he uses, but you haven't used it, for example. Better prepare and use all the potential of your guests.

EdB.gif

Wow. What a condescending and entitled mindset you've displayed here. I'm going to let that go and just stick to facts...

Weeks before we recorded this, Greg and I had a long conversation on the phone. When I asked about him coming on my channel to talk, he specifically said he preferred to have a conversation and not feel like he needed to prep for an interview with pointed questions.

So, your "constructive criticism" - in fact - would be the literal exact opposite of what Greg wanted.

- Erin

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Great opportunity poorly used. If you are going to interview guests then learn how to do it. There are courses on that. Time with Greg wasted.

Personally I think it is by far the best, most engaging and interesting interview yet done by Erin. I enjoyed it immensely.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unless you are the one conducting an interview and going through the pains to maintain relationships in the industry, your criticism is invalid and unjust. I'm starting to see too many undue criticisms of content creators and reviewers that are starting to spoil the fun.

Newman

Major Contributor
What are the highlights?

94 minutes a bit long for me.

thanks

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Constructive criticism for Jokerbre:
You had an opportunity help others find this interview and appreciate the effort that went into it. Opportunity wasted. If you are going to criticize somebody, you should understand the context of the interview. There are direct messages for that. Time I spent reading your posting is wasted. Ask him about the context/purpose of the interview and don't criticize before you gain a fuller understanding. This was a great opportunity for you to provide a brief overview and get others excited to watch the interview, but you didn't use it. Better prepare and use all the potential of the people who provide you with free content.

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Nice video.

The best speaker are the ones you can’t buy.

Live The Search.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
About half way through and it is quite enjoyable....
-Fun to see what his personal speakers are. Using K2 parts for his own active creation
-Did anyone catch the model number of the ceiling speakers he was using?
-Fun to get an inside peek into the dynamic between marking manufacturing, his process on speaker design testing
-He has made some very good speakers in a lot of different price points. It would be interesting to see a list of speakers that he had a hand in designing. @hardisj when he was talking about the L250 shape he was talking about these... These are my main speakers, L250 with the 250ti upgraded drivers/crossovers. There were several versions of them... 4 way design, woofers are 14 inch. A really good, dynamic sounding speaker.
Look forward to listening to the rest of the conversation.

7DA5EF6B-EC3E-459D-8B42-6144FDEA7F36.jpeg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
About half way through and it is quite enjoyable....
-Fun to see what his personal speakers are. Using K2 parts for his own active creation
-Did anyone catch the model number of the ceiling speakers he was using?
-Fun to get an inside peek into the dynamic between marking manufacturing, his process on speaker design testing
-He has made some very good speakers in a lot of different price points. It would be interesting to see a list of speakers that he had a hand in designing. @hardisj when he was talking about the L250 shape he was talking about these... These are my main speakers, L250 with the 250ti upgraded drivers/crossovers. There were several versions of them... 4 way design, woofers are 14 inch. A really good, dynamic sounding speaker.
Look forward to listening to the rest of the conversation.

View attachment 208358
I don't think he ever mentioned the model number, just that it was from the pro line and came as dual 5s or dual 8s with a compression driver. Nice 250s!

OP
J

Jokerbre

EdB.gif

Wow. What a condescending and entitled mindset you've displayed here. I'm going to let that go and just stick to facts...

Weeks before we recorded this, Greg and I had a long conversation on the phone. When I asked about him coming on my channel to talk, he specifically said he preferred to have a conversation and not feel like he needed to prep for an interview with pointed questions.

So, your "constructive criticism" - in fact - would be the literal exact opposite of what Greg wanted.

- Erin
I didn't mean anything bad but I see I've stepped on your ego. It is clear to me that we live in a world where freedom of speech is endangered, but I thought that this is a site where people from science write and exchange opinions and where no thing is written in stone because the task of science is to make every thing challenged. One should sometimes think outside the box. I just wanted to improve your channel and ultimately you. Because that is why we are all here for each other to push science and challenge every assumption until it becomes a fact. I assumed there would be a choice of sides but it exists in every sandbox where children play so I’m not surprised. Secondly, he really didn't need to prepare for a project he was doing at home. That is one example and there are many of them.

JSmith

Master Contributor
I didn't mean anything bad but I see I've stepped on your ego.
So you apologise and then become rude all in the one sentence... maybe that is not what you meant, but it's not coming across well at all from my perspective.

I doubt Erin is not open to constructive criticism, however it needs to be done in a more positive way IMHO.

JSmith

OP
J

Jokerbre

So you apologise and then become rude all in the one sentence... maybe that is not what you meant, but it's not coming across well at all from my perspective.

I doubt Erin is not open to constructive criticism, however it needs to be done in a more positive way IMHO.

JSmith
In more positive way? Life si tough man:)

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I didn’t know you paid Erin’s bills.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't mean anything bad but I see I've stepped on your ego. It is clear to me that we live in a world where freedom of speech is endangered, but I thought that this is a site where people from science write and exchange opinions and where no thing is written in stone because the task of science is to make every thing challenged.

Oh wow, egotistical, aren't we? So first you insult him and then talk about the death of freedom of speech. You sir sound like a typical troll on the interwebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom