• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erin's Audio Corner YT channel is about to change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
how does this work in the US? she has the right to throw him out of his own house?
I seperated with my girlfriend but since we have a little baby we still live together. it's problematic sometimes, but atm it is the best solution. why can't two people who have been maried for so long can't make an agreement? they can divide the house for while until he gets a new place?
In most states here it's an " asset scramble" with lawyers controlling the narrative...

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That was a tough watch. Lets hope we as a community at ASR can help him in any way, shape or form and rally around another audiophile that has provided good for this community.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I am sorry to hear this for Erin.

I don't think we need to go into divorce law in the discussion. It may very well be an agreement between Erin and his wife for some other considerations which aren't really our business.
...which are none of our business.*

We could really support @hardisj without getting into this.
This!

~~~

I posted some thoughts to Erin on a different site.

Having been down that road myself, it is not easy. Even to this day I still don't know "what I did" or if it was just as simple as she wasn't ready and she wanted to move on...

Regardless, I embraced the concept of change. It can be difficult, and in our western society is often feared.

It shouldn't be.

The pain is transient unless you embrace it so tight it becomes a part of your being. Productively, it can also spur growth and positive transformation, which was my message previously.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I am sorry to hear this for Erin.

I don't think we need to go into divorce law in the discussion. It may very well be an agreement between Erin and his wife for some other considerations which aren't really our business.
Good point. Let’s keep this strictly about well wishes and positive thoughts and leave the legal process and living arrangements between them. Please and thank you.

tw 2022

This!

~~~

I posted some thoughts to Erin on a different site.

Having been down that road myself, it is not easy. Even to this day I still don't know "what I did" or if it was just as simple as she wasn't ready and she wanted to move on...

Regardless, I embraced the concept of change. It can be difficult, and in our western society is often feared.

It shouldn't be.

The pain is transient unless you embrace it so tight it becomes a part of your being. Productively, it can also spur growth and positive transformation, which was my message previously.
Agreed, sometimes in the big picture , things aren't always " bad or good" based on societal " norms".. Sometimes " we shall see" ought to more the thought...

Cars-N-Cans

Now is the time for anyone in Erin's general area that has the space/room suitable for the Klippel to maybe volunteer such?
Given the Klippel and its associated measurement system is a $150k asset, we may not know what all the legalities or equity attached to it are. Also there may be emotional aspects as well in that he may not have a desire at the moment to continue with the reviews. Still, I would think donations to help it be self-sustaining over the short term and renting a suitable temporary space would be fair to all those involved. But the final say would have to be with Erin himself if this is feasible and/or desirable at this point.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Be strong Erin! I know everything seems pointless in this kind of situation: as you said at the end of your video, what could be the point of rewiewing speakers if you don't feel like sitting & listening to music at the moment?

Well, the point is that all your knowledge and experiments and all you have studied & learned in the past years will be useful again, for you, for your friends & family and for your present and future subscribers & viewers. So many people in fact, who are and will be very thankful.

Time with friends & family, walking, travelling, books & movies are the cure for a sad state of mind. Read or hear other people's stories, it will help you seing the light at the end of the runnel.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We can offer our friend our love and support. Beyond that we need to respect his privacy as he goes through this difficult journey.

Erin, if your reading this please know you will get through this and emerge a stronger and happier man on the other side. Take heart, friend.

valerianf

Erin, your website is bringing a unique view on the consumer audio world.
Good luck in these difficult moments.
I hope that when your situation has stabilized you will be able to go back to your audio hobby.

Hiten

Really sorry to hear this. May you get strength to overcome the situation.
Your contribution to audio is highly appreciated and am sure lots of people who can not post have best wishes for you.
Regards.

frabor

Good luck Erin, we all enjoyed your dedication and content. you'll be missed, but now you have more important issues to deal with. Wish you back soon .

ADU

Major Contributor
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Erin will get through this, and come out stronger on the other side. My 2c fwiw.

Glen20

Here is a great little “resource ?”
Which hopefully will help some people when navigating separation and divorce

Sorry to here @hardisj
You are a beautiful man who with the strength you have shown by making the video and conduct you have shown is inspiring. By reaching out for support when you need it , you will get through this. Yes it sucks It will suck some more. But eventually life will be even better than it was before (although that seems like crazy talk right now)

DMill

I’m no expert on audio. And I’m not on divorce. I’ve been through one divorce. It’s a good time to take a few minutes for yourself and just chill with some music.

Last edited:

xaxxon

What terrible news. The pain and anguish seems immense. Let's think of what we can do to help him. For starters, I lifted his ban so he can comment if he wishes.
I mean getting him space to set up his speaker measurement tool would be the best thing. Give him some normalcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom