• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erin's Audio Corner YT channel is about to change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmz

Major Contributor
But why? You keep going with these circular arguments about Erin and March.
What is the circular argument?
And what circular argument did I give with/for March?

Amir was responding to a new member who was did not know what was happening. Do you realky need to keep recycling these pointless debates? I mean its been answered so many times.
Wait, now you want a psychologist???
Because Amir implicitly asked with the “can’t fathom it” so I was explaining how I viewed it.

By the way, big fan of Erins work, have been a contributor from the beginning. Also completely understand why he was banned from here, and accept he will feel hard done by.
Can we move on?
Yeah please - let’s move on - it has been explained.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We're clearly going off-road, guys...:rolleyes:

This actual thread was intended to discuss about new directions/contents from both Erin's YT Channel and website... Not to argue, again, about the @hardisj's ban... That has been done ad nauseam, already.

Maybe @BDWoody or @AdamG247 could give their two cents.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
We're clearly going off-road, guys...:rolleyes:

This actual thread was intended to discuss about new directions/contents from both Erin's YT Channel and website... Not to argue, again, about the @hardisj's ban... That has been done ad nauseam, already.

Maybe @BDWoody or @AdamG247 could give their two cents.
Amir already addressed this directly in post # 107 above. So as properly suggested by @VintageFlanker lets move on. Please and thank you. Any further posts about this will be deleted. Back on Topic Team!

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It is not competition with me. If you have not noticed, we have plenty of traffic here and on my youtube channel. What I consider competition are the highly subjective sites and youtube channels. That is what keeps me going everyday. To make sure the voice of audio science, engineering and objective data travels as far if not farther than the sum total of all of those sites.

I can't fathom why you say our "spirits" are the same. They are not at all. I don't monetize my youtube channel for example. There is not even a mention of hitting the subscribe/like button in my videos. I share information and that is that. Erin's channel on the other hand is like every other youtuber trying to make money/living from the channel. Which is fine. More power to him. Just don't come and recruit viewers/money from us here after you have been warned multiple times to not do it. I don't know why this was such a difficult concept for him to grasp. Or for his fans like you for that matter.
Competition means someone takes part of your share of potential profits. Since you make no profit with your testing, there cannot be competition.

And that is precisely why subjectivism for profit loathes your work.

Back to Erin, I cannot be more intrigued about the results on the McIntosh gear.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I completely agree, puppies are the best
Are you serious? Erin's a young dude.
I'd be thinkin more along the lines of this,

most-beautiful-thylane-blondeau-bikini-feat-image.jpg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey boys remember tomorrow is Valentines Day and love is not the topic here. Maybe go get a card and some candy or better a some dinner reservations. Erin seems like a nice guy. He'll figure it out. Speakers lets talk Speakers

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Glad to see he is getting back on his feet. But this really "bothers" me

View attachment 272511

dude, don't put a 30kg amp on your wires like that ...
I was more worried about the association power resistors + cardboard + plastic but well, no risk, no fun :p

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He's back:
DSC03814.JPG

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I got a puppy and a girlfriend. System synergy.
Puppy, girlfriend (or spouse, ahem), and hifi.
Other than food and water, pretty much covers that hierarchy of needs thing. :)

Well... unless...
DBcI6ikXUAA_wKV.jpg

DanielT

Major Contributor
I was more worried about the association power resistors + cardboard + plastic but well, no risk, no fun :p
You and me both!
I almost get the feeling that Erin deliberately took that picture to get this kind of reaction. Erin fooled around, provoked a little.:)
Of course he knows that he cannot have the amplifier switched on for a longer period of time with it more or less wrapped in plastic.

That being said, glad Erin is up and running!:)

Edit:
450 watt monster weighing:
"Unit Weight 115 lbs (52.3 kg)"

Then Erin also gets training. Just as well, he is single and beach 2023 is coming soon. :)

Last edited:

badspeakerdesigner

It is not competition with me. If you have not noticed, we have plenty of traffic here and on my youtube channel. What I consider competition are the highly subjective sites and youtube channels. That is what keeps me going everyday. To make sure the voice of audio science, engineering and objective data travels as far if not farther than the sum total of all of those sites.

I can't fathom why you say our "spirits" are the same. They are not at all. I don't monetize my youtube channel for example. There is not even a mention of hitting the subscribe/like button in my videos. I share information and that is that. Erin's channel on the other hand is like every other youtuber trying to make money/living from the channel. Which is fine. More power to him. Just don't come and recruit viewers/money from us here after you have been warned multiple times to not do it. I don't know why this was such a difficult concept for him to grasp. Or for his fans like you for that matter.

It's difficult to read this and not feel that it's coming from a place of insecurity. While I generally enjoy the discussions here and have learned a lot, I will always see your actions and views on the matter as petty and a stain on what is otherwise a fine endeavour. Heck, I recall Erin getting in trouble for simply asking folks to leave comments on his youtube video. There are plenty of videos linked on this site daily that have the creators asking the same thing, but they are left up, same deal as well in terms of channel monetization and such. This is simply hypocrisy and shows that Erin received unfair treatment. Your comment here even has contradictions and it's quite strange that you don't see them yourself.

I feel the objective approach to much of what is discussed on this site is often more than just data, but a way of thinking. I feel the people who get the most out of this site are those who possess beneficial character traits such as a healthy dose of skepticism, the ability to put ones ego aside to understand ones own limitations, and to be open to changing ones views in light of new evidence. I find it quite upsetting that while these values seem to exist in your analysis of audio gear, it doesn't translate to your behavior towards others. It's even more upsetting knowing that no words can sway you consider that you could be in the wrong here. Life is far, far too short to be so petty. Your words are one thing, but your actions are another and the two are not lining up.

I'm sure I'll get in trouble for this post but I don't really care. It needs to be said. If I get banned, well it was nice knowing ya'll.

I wish Erin all the best in whatever he does in life, and I wish the owner of this site may one day see the value in the potential personal growth that can come from accepting the errors one has made in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom