• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erin's Audio Corner YT channel is about to change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
It's difficult to read this and not feel that it's coming from a place of insecurity. While I generally enjoy the discussions here and have learned a lot, I will always see your actions and views on the matter as petty and a stain on what is otherwise a fine endeavour. Heck, I recall Erin getting in trouble for simply asking folks to leave comments on his youtube video. There are plenty of videos linked on this site daily that have the creators asking the same thing, but they are left up, same deal as well in terms of channel monetization and such. This is simply hypocrisy and shows that Erin received unfair treatment. Your comment here even has contradictions and it's quite strange that you don't see them yourself.

I feel the objective approach to much of what is discussed on this site is often more than just data, but a way of thinking. I feel the people who get the most out of this site are those who possess beneficial character traits such as a healthy dose of skepticism, the ability to put ones ego aside to understand ones own limitations, and to be open to changing ones views in light of new evidence. I find it quite upsetting that while these values seem to exist in your analysis of audio gear, it doesn't translate to your behavior towards others. It's even more upsetting knowing that no words can sway you consider that you could be in the wrong here. Life is far, far too short to be so petty. Your words are one thing, but your actions are another and the two are not lining up.

I'm sure I'll get in trouble for this post but I don't really care. It needs to be said. If I get banned, well it was nice knowing ya'll.

I wish Erin all the best in whatever he does in life, and I wish the owner of this site may one day see the value in the potential personal growth that can come from accepting the errors one has made in the past.
You are clearly not listening to what has been said.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sure I'll get in trouble for this post but I don't really care. It needs to be said. If I get banned, well it was nice knowing ya'll.
I don't think you will be banned. Erin was banned on ASR because of getting commissions to fund his site on the links to products he reviewed. Amir took a lot of flack and and also got a lot support from members as result. Erin and his posts are now back on ASR, I assume because Amir and the Mods rethought their position. I think Amir's situation with ASR being not his source of income entitles him to feel that it puts him in the most objective light as far as reviewing goes and he takes pride in that. Maybe it was knee jerk to ban Erin but that's been reversed so your beef is a little late. I personally think it would be difficult to keep completely open mind when you need the money but Erin does a great job of it, politely condemning products that test badly unlike most of the reviewing audio press. Both Amir and Erin do a great service to the audio industry.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I don't think you will be banned. Erin was banned on ASR because of getting commissions to fund his site on the links to products he reviewed. Amir took a lot of flack and and also got a lot support from members as result. Erin and his posts are now back on ASR, I assume because Amir and the Mods rethought their position. I think Amir's situation with ASR being not his source of income entitles him to feel that it puts him in the most objective light as far as reviewing goes and he takes pride in that. Maybe it was knee jerk to ban Erin but that's been reversed so your beef is a little late. I personally think it would be difficult to keep completely open mind when you need the money but Erin does a great job of it, politely condemning products that test badly unlike most of the reviewing audio press. Both Amir and Erin do a great service to the audio industry.
I will go out on a limb here and try to explain why some links/vids are permitted and why others are not. First thing to know is that we are a 100% advertising free site. Meaning no Commercials or Advertising is permitted. Amir doesn’t do it and no Members are allowed to do self promotional advertising and campaigns here. This has always been the rule. Nothing changed. You also can’t come here and solicit donations for your site. That’s just rude and disrespectful to the owner of this site since we rely on donations only.

Why are commercial videos and links allowed then? Good question. Any member may drop a link to a Video that they want to share with us. As long as the member posting the link has no commercial interests or connections with the linked Video. What we don’t permit is the Member who runs an Audio related business and site to use ASR as a marketing platform for their content. Our guidance to Reviewers is that they have to post the entire review here and not just a summary and a redirect link to their site if their site contains commercials and advertisements. They are allowed to post the entire review here and they are allowed to have a link to their website in their signature.

It’s really not that complicated and we have dozens and dozens of Vendors/Manufacturers/Reviewers who have not had a problem with following this guidance.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's difficult to read this and not feel that it's coming from a place of insecurity.
It seems to me you either have an agenda or have difficulty understanding @amirm’s very clear reason. Here is a comprehensive explanation of the values of ASR by @AdamG247. Please read it to understand the situation.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Too complicated for me, LOL. The advertising model on a lot of sites is no longer working because of the widespread use of adblockers. Either the advertising has to be imbedded in the content so it can't be separately blocked or the site has to use links to online vendors like Amazon. Everyone is looking for a buck which has made the internet worse than watching TV local news.

Maybe I can adapt some Vogon poetry appreciation chairs for use watching Youtube.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Heck, I recall Erin getting in trouble for simply asking folks to leave comments on his youtube video.
You recall the last straw. He was strongly warned a while back to not keep posting links here that led to sponsored links and such. He blew up, called me names and said he would never come back. Still, we did not ban him. See his response here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ience-review-channel-a-plug.21490/post-834758

Notice the highly unprofessional way to speak to the host of a forum. No other site in the world would leave him unbanned after that. But we did.

But as all problems you leave unsolved, it comes back over and over again. Emboldened by the pressure some of you put on me, he kept the poor conduct of promoting his sites going. Finally, enough was enough so we took action.

Erin then goes and creates a video (now deleted) on his channel calling me every name including narcists. Despite all that, when I heard about his divorce, I unbanned him. After turning the other cheek, you ask for more. Well, I only have two cheeks and both are very red. I suggest you stop writing stuff like this.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am locking this thread since the OP has worked his course and now folks keep wanting to rehash other topics. I am tired of dealing with it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom