• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erin posted the Emotiva Airmotiv T2+ tower speaker review

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Erin just posted the Emotiva Airmotiv T2+ (3-way) tower speaker review!
DSC02579.JPG

CEA2034%20--%20Emotiva%20Airmotiv%20T2%2B.png

Retails for US$1000/pair.
Look at the size of these bad boys!

Overall conclusion from Erin:
If you’re looking for a really, really good tower speaker for a reasonable cost, I definitely think the Emotiva T2+ should be on your list for consideration.

Thanks to @hardisj for measuring this beast of a speaker. :D

Discuss!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not bad at all, they did their homework.

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Indeed, impressive, especially THD minus H2 and the exceptionally constant sound power directivity. Only the LF extension can be criticized, even when giving it 6 dB of boundary gain. Vertical directivity is also quite bad, even for a traditional (not coaxial nor synergy horn) system.
Thank God for the grills, I find its bare drivers horrendous.

Last edited:

pma

Major Contributor
Very nice, looks like adult speaker not restricted to range >100Hz, as are many small speakers reviewed here.

However amplifier hungry, look at impedance plot and EPDR.

OP
sweetchaos

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
I think aesthetics can be forgiven for $1000.
Other options at that price point is just Infinity's, which are not better looking.

At <US$1250/pair, Revel F35 is a setup up, in terms of aesthetics.

polmuaddib

Forum Donor
Very nice, looks like adult speaker not restricted to range >100Hz, as are many small speakers reviewed here.

However amplifier hungry, look at impedance plot and EPDR.
Isn't response dropping below 100hz?

Doesn't this ID look very similar to Adam Audio, by the way? Although, Adam has smaller speaker that costs less and has more bass. With a little more distortion, but...

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And people complain Genelecs are ugly? ;)

Nah, for the money this seems like one of the top budget options now. I'd really really like to see a Klippel run on the 3-way center. If it's competent, IMO we have the #1 recommendation for a budget HT.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Isn't response dropping below 100hz?

Doesn't this ID look very similar to Adam Audio, by the way? Although, Adam has smaller speaker that costs less and has more bass. With a little more distortion, but...
Well... Yeah, AMT plus woven carbon fiber woofers is kind of the Adam/Eve/Hedd look, isn't it?

strummr

If I saw this a week ago, I would've bought these to experiment with the RC263/C205... but patience wore thin, and I just took delivery of my F208s... today. I could've bought a pair of these, a C208, a pair of KEF R7s (another set I wanted to try), and another Purifi amp for the same cost. Well... all good, the Revels were supposed to be my HT front, end game speakers. I'm still waiting on measurements of the C2+. :rolleyes:

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
If I saw this a week ago, I would've bought these to experiment with the RC263/C205... but patience wore thin, and I just took delivery of my F208s... today. I could've bought a pair of these, a C208, a pair of KEF R7s (another set I wanted to try), and another Purifi amp for the same cost. Well... all good, the Revels were supposed to be my HT front, end game speakers. I'm still waiting on measurements of the C2+. :rolleyes:
I have the KEF R7 + purifi power amp.
Very solid combo, i like the setup so much :)

Gurkerl

Maybe it's the 12 year old in me talking, but I sort of love the mean and edgy look on these haha
The previous generation looked even meaner, with these edges in their front:
proxy-image

Thank you @hardisj for reviewing these!
For 1000USD these have to be the way to go for someone who wants high output capabilities on a "budget". What alternatives even exist at that price point for a 3-way with dual 8 inch woofers?
Bass roll-off starts a bit early, but since Emotiva is a Home Theater company first and foremost, they probably expect you would use subs anyway. F10@32hz *might* just be enough for music, considering boundary gain?
What is your opinion on their use of the AMT, do you see any benefits here? I was under the assumption AMTs have excellent horizontal directivity, but were constrained in their vertical directivity? Here we see it is quite narrow both horizontally and vertically (though adequately controlled) - I wonder what could be achieved when using a more conventional tweeter.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
$999 in the US, $1750 in Europe. :( Sad.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And people complain Genelecs are ugly? ;)

Nah, for the money this seems like one of the top budget options now. I'd really really like to see a Klippel run on the 3-way center. If it's competent, IMO we have the #1 recommendation for a budget HT.
I want to see both their centers measured, the C2+ uses dual midrange drivers to boost sensitivity, but I have to imagine comb filtering would be an issue; now, as far as audibility of this possible comb filtering, I have no clue.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Top Bottom