• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

er2se + Meizu dongle === problem?

Hi friends, my first iem on the way down Drop - Etymotic ER2SE.
Looking for a recommended amplifier / DAC for them.

I live in Israel and the Chinese Apple dongles sold here are a less successful and weakened model compared to the Vietnamese model sold in US.

I ordered the MEIZU dongle from Ali Express but someone everyone knows in our hobby, a die-hard ER2SE fan and nothing else said the above dongle would not even recognize the headphones, because the Meizu is 16-600 ohms, And the ER2SE are 15-ohm IEM.

What do you say?
What do you use for Ety's?

MCH

Major Contributor
I use precisely the ER2SE with the Meizu Hifi dongle (not pro) without any issues. Cannot tell if it is the best option or not, but it works, and loud enough for me.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Yeah the Meizu dongle will not just refuse to turn on if your headphone's impedance falls outside of that 16-600Ω range. That's not how it works. Your problem lies elsewhere.

half_dog

I use precisely the ER2SE with the Meizu Hifi dongle (not pro) without any issues. Cannot tell if it is the best option or not, but it works, and loud enough for me.
Me too and no issues either. The only thing that I've noticed is ER2SE seems to play a little better on L30 (or a dedicated amp) than on a dongle. The main difference is the sub bass seems deeper at L30 (or my based on Atom DIY amp) - volume matched.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I think CS43131 is still a way to ride them.
For a die hard even it's not really worth 7~10x the price take a look at Luxury and Precision W2 (Black) dongle (unbalanced out - WolfX-700 rewiev) or to the 50 mV 32 Ohm's DAC SNR chart (you will gain couple [5~7] dB). Those are rated at 15 Ohm's 96 dB/mW @ 1 KHz. Will you hear it? Me by if you prefer to listen to them on lower dB lv.

nickdino

Does anyone know where i can buy the US lightning to 3.5 dongle? I live in the Netherlands.
Or is there a better budget friendly dongle available in Europe/Netherlands?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Does anyone know where i can buy the US lightning to 3.5 dongle? I live in the Netherlands.
Or is there a better budget friendly dongle available in Europe/Netherlands?
Search for "Apple a1749" or "Apple MMX62AM/A" on eBay and choose any one of the offers from a US seller.
Also, stop spamming threads.

burns.simon

I have the ER2XR and am currently using them with a Khadas Tea (bluetooth to Pixel 6) - I like the Tea because it's thin but it impacts the battery life dramatically - I'm getting 3-4 hours.

Any recommendations for an alternative to the Tea, happy for it to be slightly bigger for better battery...

Top Bottom