• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Equipment sanity check - mix of my existing + new hardware does this seem OK?

Bleo

Hello Everyone,

This forum is incredible and I look forward to spending more time here. I just pulled the trigger on some new equipment that I hope will play nice with my existing equipment and would love any input on if what I'm attempting to do is a good or terrible idea?

Existing equipment I'd like to re-use if possible:
Oppo HA-1 - Pre-amp/DAC/Headphone Amplifier
Rega Brio-R - Stereo Amplifier

New equipment which I just purchased but could still cancel/return if necessary:
Kef ls50 Meta speakers
SVS 3000 Micro sub

These will be replacing my old Paradigm Mini monitor v7's and totem storm sub.

All of this equipment lives on my desk, it is a large L desk in the corner of my office. The speakers are about 2.5ft from my head with the sub under the desk in the corner. My basic understanding is the ls50 metas should be a decent choice for this environment? The rythmik audio subwoofers come highly recommended but are considerably larger than my existing totem and the svs 3000 micro and fitting it comfortably under my desk would be a challenge. I use this system exclusively for music, all genres except for classical, often with tracks that are very bass heavy.

My plan is to run RCA cables from the Oppo HA-1 to the svs 3000 micro input, and return RCA cables back from the sub to the rega amplifier, configuring the subwoofer LPF to 60Hz and LPF Slope 24dB/octave as recommended by the svs merlin page.

Does this all seem OK? Am I doing anything horrendously wrong? I've read about adding additional things such as a minidsp 2x4HD for a high pass filter can be recommended for these speakers but honestly that's still a bit over my head, although I'm happy to jump into the deep end and learn if the community thinks that will provide a meaningful boost to the performance of this proposed system?

Thank you for any help or advice!

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The speakers you have chosen are excellent! Your heritage electronics are no slouch either.

Listen and love!!

Top Bottom