• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

It appears only on "System Output" not the individual app volume settings.
Yeap, and now I just need to decide whether or not it's worth 40USD to remove the white hissing noise that occurs every 20 minutes.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

@NewbieAudiophileExpert
Install SoundSource (US$41 for license) for MacOS.

You need at least SoundSource v5.3 to do this (current version is v5.5.4, so you're set):

Once you install it, create an EAPO profile in a text file and save it to desktop (or wherever).
Example:

Once you've created your custom profile, you can load it in SoundSource by selecting "Add Other Profile"… from within Headphone EQ. Once you do, it will be included in your Saved Profiles section. If you wish to remove it, use the Manage Saved Profiles… option.
So this has been working magnificently - just curious to see if you know if there's a way to EQ the left and right speaker individually on SoundSource, like on Peace EQ?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Glad to hear. I don't think so. But you could email tech support. They were open to my ideas on how to improve their software, the last time I emailed them.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

Glad to hear. I don't think so. But you could email tech support. They were open to my ideas on how to improve their software, the last time I emailed them.
True - I think I will do that.

Plenty of control freak audiophiles who would use that actually.

hawk01

hello asr folks!

seeing this thread i thought might as well shoot my newbie query regarding the Brute FIR residing in my Daphile PC. i understand knowledge on how to configure this will help address EQ concerns? i hope anyone familiar with Brute FIR or better yet use Daphile PC can shed light and point me in the right direction.

again as a newbie i do not have any access or knowledge of REW, etc. i would have been more at ease having a multi-band GEQ onboard like those on PEACE Equalizer APO which is a no-brainer to operate using sliders! i believe there will be s steep learning curve with this Linux based Brute FIR so i am anxiously waiting for any or all respondents.

for starters my only major issue with my 2ch stereo gear is to tweak the modal region around ~55hZ to tame the boominess in select material. a minor nitpick if you will but may be worth the trouble once fixed! cheers!

hyperknot

SoundSource on macOS can now take custom EQ profiles in .txt format. The same format as used by Equalizer APO / Peace.

They have a knowledge base article explaining how to do it, it's basically a one click import.

hawk01

SoundSource on macOS can now take custom EQ profiles in .txt format. The same format as used by Equalizer APO / Peace.

They have a knowledge base article explaining how to do it, it's basically a one click import.
i will need something to guide me through using Brute FIR residing inside the Daphile PC which i already have. thanks!

dasdoing

Major Contributor
mental overload when i opened the link above. guess i need to be more computer linux literate to understand this. thanks

this is a version of plugins for Audacity. but they have to be updated by Angelo for every new Audacity version. Since there is no version for the recent Audacity, he provides matching Audacity installers.
the main plugins are actually for Adobe AUdition http://pcfarina.eng.unipr.it/Aurora_XP/index.htm

btw, Angelo Farina is one of the pioneers of the sweep method and has countless other papers many DSP stuff we use is based on

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski A great tool to definitely to add which made a great improvement is Focus Fidelity Designer: https://www.focusfidelity.com/

It’s far easier to use than REW and other tools I tried and creating convolution filters for Roon or HQ Player is very convenient.
Thanks for then heads up on the new listing. Is it Linux and macOS compatible too?

Markush

Your welcome. There is Windows and the MacOS version is right around the corner to be released. Don’t know about Linux yet.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
It seams to be a stripped down and made more userfriendly version of Accourate (they mention they are "DSP partners").
Not meaning to sound negative about it btw; you pay for convinience (almost same price as Accourate)

Focus Fidelity

Audio Company
OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Focus Fidelity

Audio Company
Hi,
Impala is simpler and quicker than REW for gathering measurements of multiple channels at multiple positions. This is the one specific task it is designed to do. REW is more of a toolbox with many, many features. Feedback from Impala users suggests it has achieved its ease of use goal.
The Focus Fidelity Filter Designer uses a proprietary algorithm to design room correction filters from measurements taken at multiple positions. It includes an easy-to-use wizard-like workflow. Feedback on the sound quality and user interface has again been positive (https://www.focusfidelity.com/reviews).
Please have a read-through of the user manuals (https://www.focusfidelity.com/documents) to get an idea of the features and capabilities. Most people are up and running with Impala in 10 minutes.

Kind regards,
David

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,
Impala is simpler and quicker than REW for gathering measurements of multiple channels at multiple positions. This is the one specific task it is designed to do. REW is more of a toolbox with many, many features. Feedback from Impala users suggests it has achieved its ease of use goal.
The Focus Fidelity Filter Designer uses a proprietary algorithm to design room correction filters from measurements taken at multiple positions. It includes an easy-to-use wizard-like workflow. Feedback on the sound quality and user interface has again been positive (https://www.focusfidelity.com/reviews).
Please have a read-through of the user manuals (https://www.focusfidelity.com/documents) to get an idea of the features and capabilities. Most people are up and running with Impala in 10 minutes.

Kind regards,
David
I edited the description and indicated that it is faster and easier to use than REW.

Focus Fidelity

Audio Company
Hi,
As you’ve found, there is no demo version, a demo version to allow proper evaluation would, I believe, need to generate the same filters as *.wav files, which the paid version generates. There is no way to restrict the use of these filters. They could, for example, be used indefinitely. Demo versions are also prone to being “cracked”, etc. So, for now, there is no demo on offer.
Anyone who does purchase the software can get support via the support e-mail address, and this brings customers to a position where they are happy with the results. Usually, support is not required

Top Bottom