• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

@NewbieAudiophileExpert
Install SoundSource (US$41 for license) for MacOS.

You need at least SoundSource v5.3 to do this (current version is v5.5.4, so you're set):

Once you install it, create an EAPO profile in a text file and save it to desktop (or wherever).
Example:

Once you've created your custom profile, you can load it in SoundSource by selecting "Add Other Profile"… from within Headphone EQ. Once you do, it will be included in your Saved Profiles section. If you wish to remove it, use the Manage Saved Profiles… option.
So this has been working magnificently - just curious to see if you know if there's a way to EQ the left and right speaker individually on SoundSource, like on Peace EQ?

hawk01

hello asr folks!

seeing this thread i thought might as well shoot my newbie query regarding the Brute FIR residing in my Daphile PC. i understand knowledge on how to configure this will help address EQ concerns? i hope anyone familiar with Brute FIR or better yet use Daphile PC can shed light and point me in the right direction.

again as a newbie i do not have any access or knowledge of REW, etc. i would have been more at ease having a multi-band GEQ onboard like those on PEACE Equalizer APO which is a no-brainer to operate using sliders! i believe there will be s steep learning curve with this Linux based Brute FIR so i am anxiously waiting for any or all respondents.

for starters my only major issue with my 2ch stereo gear is to tweak the modal region around ~55hZ to tame the boominess in select material. a minor nitpick if you will but may be worth the trouble once fixed! cheers!

hyperknot

SoundSource on macOS can now take custom EQ profiles in .txt format. The same format as used by Equalizer APO / Peace.

They have a knowledge base article explaining how to do it, it's basically a one click import.

hawk01

SoundSource on macOS can now take custom EQ profiles in .txt format. The same format as used by Equalizer APO / Peace.

They have a knowledge base article explaining how to do it, it's basically a one click import.
i will need something to guide me through using Brute FIR residing inside the Daphile PC which i already have. thanks!

dasdoing

Major Contributor
mental overload when i opened the link above. guess i need to be more computer linux literate to understand this. thanks

this is a version of plugins for Audacity. but they have to be updated by Angelo for every new Audacity version. Since there is no version for the recent Audacity, he provides matching Audacity installers.
the main plugins are actually for Adobe AUdition http://pcfarina.eng.unipr.it/Aurora_XP/index.htm

btw, Angelo Farina is one of the pioneers of the sweep method and has countless other papers many DSP stuff we use is based on

Top Bottom